Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-digs-in-on-border-wall-funds-as-congressional-negotiators-prepare-to-convene/2019/01/30/56139e24-2488-11e9-ad53-824486280311_story.html?utm_term=.b39ad40d3687

House Democrats unveiled a new border security plan Wednesday that contains no money for physical barriers along the U.S.-Mexico divide, defying President Trump’s insistence on a wall of some kind to stave off another government shutdown.

The Democrats’ proposal was their opening bid in bipartisan House-Senate negotiations aimed at coming up with a deal to keep the government open when temporary funding runs out Feb. 15. It came just hours after Trump dug in on his conditions for signing off on such a deal, writing on Twitter that lawmakers would be “wasting their time” if they’re not considering a wall or physical barrier on the southern border.

Image result for pelosi meme

• Thanks 1

This is my analogy of what has happened on the border security argument. 2 adversarial owners (the voters) have a 50% even split of shares of a football team. One owner appointed a coach hated by the other owner-  the other the general manager who he wants to counter the coach. The coach wants every single player to be an offensive lineman and has staked his coaching job on doing this. The General Manager responds by saying hell no - from this point on absolutely no pay roll (cap dollars?) will be allocated to offensive linemen. 

Edited by nonniey

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

This is my analogy of what has happened on the border security argument. 2 adversarial owners (the voters) have a 50% even split of shares of a football team. One owner appointed a coach hated by the other owner-  the other the general manager who he wants to counter the coach. The coach wants every single player to be an offensive lineman and has staked his coaching job on doing this. The General Manager responds by saying hell no - from this point on absolutely no pay roll (cap dollars?) will be allocated to offensive linemen. 

not enough tied up women in super cars 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Mine would be this:  2 owners, one owns 55% the other 45% (because nothing can happen without the House, and the House is 55-45).  The owner with 45% wants every single player to be an offensive lineman and has staked his coaching job on doing this.  The other owners is like "that's ****ing dumb" because, obviously, you can't win football games with just offensive lineman.  So the owner with 55% says you can have the offensive linemen you already have, and no more, and we'll let you sign some tight ends and fullbacks (extra $ towards border security).  The owner with 45% says **** that, I will shut the entire team down and we just won't play until you give me my way.  

For the record, I would prefer the above to Danny Snyder. 

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mine would be this:  2 owners, one owns 55% the other 45% (because nothing can happen without the House, and the House is 55-45).  The owner with 45% wants every single player to be an offensive lineman and has staked his coaching job on doing this.  The other owners is like "that's ****ing dumb" because, obviously, you can't win football games with just offensive lineman.  So the owner with 55% says you can have the offensive linemen you already have, and no more, and we'll let you sign some tight ends and fullbacks (extra $ towards border security).  The owner with 45% says **** that, I will shut the entire team down and we just won't play until you give me my way.  

For the record, I would prefer the above to Danny Snyder. 

Ok I give you that but you have to admit even that policy by the 55% owner is still pretty stupid even if not as stupid as the coaches policy when seen this way. 

Edited by nonniey

don on now, totally blowing up the talks again---saying only a wall will be acceptable, no fences or other structures need apply (which he'll likely change in an hour)---slamming the dems and of course, lying all over the place and bringing all his caravan rap back in full force

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

don on now, totally blowing up the talks again---saying only a wall will be acceptable, no fences or other structures need apply (which he'll likely change in an hour)---slamming the dems and of course, lying all over the place and bringing all his caravan rap back in full force

Hes lost it. Talking bout moving existing border walls n fencing to Arizona and Texas. Or just tearing it down. Leadership 101.

Has it not been obvious a wall isn't passing the House.

Trump hates democracy. He can't share power. If he is so narcisitic to go forward with his "wall national emergency" and comments that say the whole immigration funding conference bill, i.e. how laws are reconciled through the House and Senate, he's not worthy to run the country.

It couldn't be more obvious his election was a giant mistake. Elections have consequences.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Has it not been obvious a wall isn't passing the House.

Trump hates democracy. He can't share power. If he is so narcisitic to go forward with his "wall national emergency" and comments that say the whole immigration funding conference bill, i.e. how laws are reconciled through the House and Senate, he's not worthy to run the country.

It couldn't be more obvious his election was a giant mistake. Elections have consequences.

Sharing power means he is justified in not signing a bill unless it includes at least some of what he wants... pelosi said she’s not negotiating... who isn’t sharing power with who?

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

The whole “you don’t negotiate with terrorist” tact some have been pushing on here as an excuse to support pelosis unwillingness to negotiate is complete laughable. Trump, don’t like it or not, is the president. Not a terrorist. He has the authority to make demands of the legislature, terrorists don’t.

argue about the merits of a wall, or whether a shut down is justified. Trump clearly has the authority to shut down the government over a border wall, it’s him exercising  his “right” to share power. Foolishly...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Sharing power means he gets some of what he wants... pelosi said she’s not negotiating...

Not sure where you get your information from, but you may want to reevaluate it as a source.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/30/no-deal-border-security-talks-2594735

Top Democrats refused to rule out extra funding for some kind of added barrier at the border as congressional deal-makers started negotiations Wednesday aimed at a compromise that could stave off a second shutdown.

The 17 lawmakers appointed to the special conference committee did not reach an agreement during their first meeting on whether they would fund President Donald Trump's border wall as they try to prevent another funding lapse in two-and-a-half weeks. But Democratic spending leaders said afterward that they will not take a hard line upfront against funding for a border barrier, the specifics of which were not defined.

"I’m not going to give you the conclusion. We’re going into this conference, and we’re open to everyone’s facts and figures," House Appropriations Chairwoman Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) told reporters after the meeting. "Everything’s on the table.”

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The whole “you don’t negotiate with terrorist” tact some have been pushing on here as an excuse to support pelosis unwillingness to negotiate is complete laughable. Trump, don’t like it or not, is the president. Not a terrorist. He has the authority to make demands of the legislature, terrorists don’t.

argue about the merits of a wall, or whether a shut down is justified. Trump clearly has the authority to shut down the government over a border wall, it’s him exercising  his “right” to share power

It's a freaking metaphor.  Nobody is calling Trump an actual terrorist.  Sheesh, I can't believe this has to be typed out.

The principal is simple:  If people make threats or do harmful things in order to get their way....and then they get their way....you've taught them that threats and harmful acts work as a method to get their way.  Then they'll do it more, not less. 

This isn't rocket science.  Jesus.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What does Trump want except a "big beautiful wall" that lost his party control of the House? This is why Mitch McDonald disengaged from negotiations in the budget between December 22 and January 4. He has plenty of right to push for a wall, but he's not gonna get a wall.

Trump initially asked for $1.3B in Border Security funds. He will be getting more than that in this bill -- seems like he could be getting more than I initially thought (above $4.5B). More border security money should fall under "some of what he wants" if he claims "the border is insecure".

His attitide is "only a wall". It's almost like Pelosi enjoys denying him what everyone else knows he ain't getting.

He should have shutdown the government for the wall to Paul Ryan last year.

Sharing power means we accept we ain't gonna get what we want a the time, but I get enough and I give enough to feel I have advanced my cause.

It also means you are smart enough to see where the power is. Trump lost his wallpower when he lost the election.

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not sure where you get your information from, but you may want to reevaluate it as a source.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/30/no-deal-border-security-talks-2594735

Politico article in this thread:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has drawn a firm line in the ongoing border security negotiations: There will be no wall funding in any deal congressional negotiators reach to avert another government shutdown

e.g. not negotiating 

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's a freaking metaphor. 

Its a bad metaphore premised on false premise...

Wait, wait, wait.

WHEN THE GOP CONTROLLED SENATE DIDNT VOTE FOR WALL FUNDING TO END THE SHUTDOWN IT WAS DEMONSTRATED THAT WALL FUNDING CANNOT PASS.

The negotiations are between the $1.3B funding with no wall and the $5.7B funding with no wall. The shutdown for the wall was a disaster for the GOP/right anand quickly turned that into the crisis rather than the border.

Lets see if movile doesnt triple post....

Edited by Fergasun
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Politico article in this thread:

e.g. not negotiating 

Its a bad metaphore premised on false premise...

border security is up for negotiations. Saying you want a Wall and won't take anything but a Wall.... e.g. Not Negotiating. 

• Like 2