Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

With the distribution of those 35% if the Democrats don't get a unifying candidate and manage it so no 3rd candidate runs who gets enough votes to matter that 35% still might be enough to win via the electoral college.

THAT'S the scary thing. Say what you will about the Maga meatheads but they come out and they vote.

The Dems need a strong unifying candidate and they need a real platform to run off of, not just "Trump/GOP are evil!!".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

THAT'S the scary thing. Say what you will about the Maga meatheads but they come out and they vote.

The Dems need a strong unifying candidate and they need a real platform to run off of, not just "Trump/GOP are evil!!".

Eh, not sure I agree with this.  Trump in 2016 was anything but a unifying candidate, but all of the R's got behind him because he wasn't Hillary.

I think the same thing will happen in reverse.  Dems hate Trump at least as much as GOPers hate Hillary, and most independents also hate Trump.  So I think "Trump/GOP are evil" is going to be a really strong message, and polling supports this.  The only question is whether the Bernie wing will get behind anyone that isn't Bernie and actually turn out. 

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

Response:  Republicans should not attempt to endorse the Trump administration's policy of stealing children as a form of non-judicial punishment until the government has taken their kids and deliberately lost the paperwork on where they sent them.  

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

I'm thinking there's an opening for Nancy to be a real **** here.  

Any proposed border security funding, to make it through the house, will contain a clause stating that none of this money may be spent until the government provides an itemized list of every single child separated from his family by the government, where every one of said people are now, and every step they went through in between.  

And will make monthly reports to Congress, updating said data.  

• Thanks 2

It bothers me alot to see this guy grandstand about how many kids he has adopted and exclaim about how political games should stop.....RIGHT after he goes on a diatribe about how the pictures are from 2014 and how the policy hasnt changed......knowing full well that is itself a political game because no one gives a **** about the pictures. The problem is all the missing kids, which he says when making his argument but forgets when dissecting the oppositions. I mean, wtf. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Larry said:

Any proposed border security funding, to make it through the house, will contain a clause stating that none of this money may be spent until the government provides an itemized list of every single child separated from his family by the government, where every one of said people are now, and every step they went through in between.  

I would throw in that each kid has to be reunited with the family also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What about the ones we don't know if it was family or not?

Reunite them and hope for the best?

22 minutes ago, twa said:

In the RARE chance this administration can find all the kids and figure out which adult they were taken from, a simple interview of the child should be able to determine if the person is the proper caregiver.  For kids too young for that, a DNA test.  For the few that can't be determined by those two tests, I'm sure we can figure something else out.

Or we could start with putting burden on the government to show why they suspect a person isn't the rightful caregiver.  The would take care of the majority of the cases.  You think this administration gives a crap about what brown kid goes to what brown person?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rep. MarkWayne Mullin from Oklahoma is a dumb**** and a piece of ****.

Actual real life human being children taken from their families for being brown. People actually defending intentional and unnecessary orphaning because Donald Trump is pretending to be a Republican.

1 hour ago, twa said:

The schtick doesn’t play well with this subject. Maybe sit this one out.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Someone on MSNBC last night said that * could have a dollar for the wall for every child reunited with their family (twa is sounding grumpy again, as though he gives 2 craps about any of the kids) .

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Rep. MarkWayne Mullin from Oklahoma is a dumb**** and a piece of ****.

Actual real life human being children taken from their families for being brown. People actually defending intentional and unnecessary orphaning because Donald Trump is pretending to be a Republican.

The schtick doesn’t play well with this subject. Maybe sit this one out.

Last I checked they separate the light skinned ones as well....maybe you should sit down and reconsider.

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Someone on MSNBC last night said that * could have a dollar for the wall for every child reunited with their family (twa is sounding grumpy again, as though he gives 2 craps about any of the kids) .

Neither he, nor any of this policy's enablers, cares about it.  

It's something they pulled out of their Philly's so that they could 

1)  Delay complying with court orders to return kidnapped children.  And 

2)  Build a DNA database that they can use later.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twa said:

Last I checked they separate the light skinned ones as well....maybe you should sit down and reconsider.

Reconsider what? If I'm ok with atrocities being committed against children?  If I should jump on the "I don't want the government running my life so I let the political party who pretends to stand for that do absolutely all of my thinking for me" dumbassery bandwagon of the modern day GOP?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Larry said:

Neither he, nor any of this policy's enablers, cares about it.  

It's something they pulled out of their Philly's so that they could 

1)  Delay complying with court orders to return kidnapped children.  And 

2)  Build a DNA database that they can use later.  

I'll give you a HARD #3, this one's on Miller...a future workforce that is denied any citizen protection. :taz:

Edited by skinsmarydu