Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add that they at least poked around on Flacco before these upcoming meetings.  Bruce maybe planned a surprise like the Alex Smith deal -- last time wasn't it Doug we just made a deal don't pick up your phone...

Yep, that was the one.  It reeked of Bruce trying to make sure no one found out that Doug had no idea about the trade.   Only, Doug told everyone.

I cannot believe the list of QBs nobody wants, but takes anyways.  Even trading away assets for them, when they should be paid to take that cap hit off some other teams back. 

We need to draft a QB if even in a later round and at least try and develop one. It's like Philly decided that we weren't going to have a developmental guy at all. We are literally too stupid to draft one.

There is no universe where Gruden wanted Flacco. 

Dude has no input on anything. He'll do his best, but I'm sure he's just counting down the days until he's the OC in Oakland. 

I can't wait to see what horrible move Brucey makes to fix the QB position. The smart thing would be to go with McCoy and draft someone. Bruce could do that, but he'll no doubt be a sucker and give someone like five picks to move up a few slots. If you think Danny isn't salivating over Murray, you don't know our owner. And if I'm Murray, I let it be known I don't want to play for a franchise with a lame duck coach and the worst FO in football. He would get far less crap for it than Eli did. Suspect the media might even applaud him for it. 

20 hours ago, RWJ said:

I consider Bridgewater brittle.  He tore his ACL non-contact during practice.  Personally, I'd stay away.  If Denver were to release Keenum maybe get him at a reasonable price on a 2 year deal.  

I think Bridgewater could blossom with Gruden though.  Tearing your knee up like that could happen to anyone, I for one would like Teddy on the cheap if we could make that happen. 

Albert Breer kicks in too, so that's 5 sources on this so I presume there is something to the Flacco drill.

5. One team that was in on Flacco other than Denver: Washington. Given the price, both in the mid-round draft pick and a middling starting-quarterback contract, it makes sense, as Washington works through an uncertain future at the position.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/18/brian-flores-dolphins-zac-taylor-bengals-super-bowl-coaches-kyler-murray-scouts-kaepernick-reid?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Wasn't it predictable that the FO would go after Flacco?  Loverro made jokes for the last couple weeks that we would sign Flacco and Antonio Brown to re-engage the fans, he probably wasn't too off in his thinking even though he was semi joking.

It's who I predicted they would get..but thankfully I guess, elway helped us out.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Albert Breer kicks in too, so that's 5 sources on this so I presume there is something to the Flacco drill.

5. One team that was in on Flacco other than Denver: Washington. Given the price, both in the mid-round draft pick and a middling starting-quarterback contract, it makes sense, as Washington works through an uncertain future at the position.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/18/brian-flores-dolphins-zac-taylor-bengals-super-bowl-coaches-kyler-murray-scouts-kaepernick-reid?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb

One team to keep an eye on will be the Cardinals.  They have said that Rosen is their QB and he has the "keys" but their HC has ties with Murray and loves the guy.  IF he could convince the Cards to trade Rosen so he could draft Murray if he/they agreed on Murray, watch out for the Redskins as a team the might be interested.  Rosen has attitude issues but Fitzgerald was interviewed and said he had know issues with Rosen.  Something worth keeping an eye on.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

One team to keep an eye on will be the Cardinals.  They have said that Rosen is their QB and he has the "keys" but their HC has ties with Murray and loves the guy.  IF he could convince the Cards to trade Rosen so he could draft Murray if he/they agreed on Murray, watch out for the Redskins as a team the might be interested.  Rosen has attitude issues but Fitzgerald was interviewed and said he had know issues with Rosen.  Something worth keeping an eye on.

It would be up their alley to make a move like that.  the Cards are swearing up and down that they aren't trading Rosen and won't draft Murray.  But who knows.  I don't know what to make of Rosen.  I did take him on the board's mock draft a year ago.  But over time I've become less enamored.  But I haven't thought about him much I'd need to re-digest him as a player.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Rosen can play.  Cardinals were a disaster last year but you could see the talent he had. If we can get him for a second round pick or something, I think he's someone Gruden would love.

He fits Gruden's O to a "T".  But Allen and Gruden have different likes and dislikes at QBs.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the Skins give their #15 for him, if they are interested.  Yes, the #2 makes much more sense.

47 minutes ago, Harriet33 said:

After reading this article, maybe Fitzpatrick might be a good 1 year stop gap until we know what Smith and/or out 2019 draft pick leave us.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821085-dont-overlook-ryan-fitzpatrick-on-the-qb-free-agent-market

i Would really like Fitzpatrick along with a QB in the draft. Fitz is good enough to make Sundays exciting but lousy enough to secure a top 15 pick in 2020

Let's put another spin on this. Suppose that the Redskins front office was actually SMART for a change. They show a little interest in Flacco to panic another team ahead of them in the draft to pull the trigger to get him. Bang! Suddenly Denver doesn't need a QB anymore. Somebody ahead of us is gonna sign Foles as well. That will then be 2 teams ahead of the Skins in the draft who will no longer need a QB meaning someone like Lock or Jones may drop in our lap at 15.  Something to ponder. 

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

A 2nd for Rosen? **** that. After we lost RG3 and Kirk without compensation...we better not pick up someone else’s trash who has proven way less and certainly not for a 2nd round pick.

I hate rosen..ive never met him so it should be unfair for me to say this about him..but I don't like him..from what I've seen of him from the combine to his stupid ass reaction on what ever ya call insta whatever about his recent car crash I just don't like the dude.

The skins will get a QB on the cheap and let Colt and JJ dual it out in t camp for the number 2 spot...can't stress this enough.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I hate rosen..ive never met him so it should be unfair for me to say this about him..but I don't like him..from what I've seen of him from the combine to his stupid ass reaction on what ever ya call insta whatever about his recent car crash I just don't like the dude.

Can’t argue with that. For me, I’m just tired of losing on trades. We lost the Smith trade (3rd and a corner for a guy that may never play again). Yes we lost the Portis trade also (2nd and a HoF corner). 

Just now, dyst said:

Can’t argue with that. For me, I’m just tired of losing on trades. We lost the Smith trade (3rd and a corner for a guy that may never play again). Yes we lost the Portis trade also (2nd and a HoF corner). 

Couldn't agree more..portis was cool ...fun to watch..did some good things, but I too feel it was a loss of a trade.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

He fits Gruden's O to a "T".  But Allen and Gruden have different likes and dislikes at QBs.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the Skins give their #15 for him, if they are interested.  Yes, the #2 makes much more sense.

I think it's pretty clear Gruden has no input at this point. He didn't know about the Smith trade until it was pretty much done and there is no universe where he would want Flacco. 

One way or another, Redskins VP of Player Personnel Doug Williams wants another quarterback. 

It’s our job in the personnel department to find somebody who can play. Thank God we have Colt coming back from an injury. We just gotta find somebody to mix in there and we know we gotta have that guy, but we gotta build around whoever it is. I think that’s the most important thing.

Williams' comments came via SiriusXM NFL Radio, and while not a surprise, it will bring more interesting questions next week when the Redskins brass descends on Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. 

While the TV cameras focus on the draft prospects in Indy, every agent and NFL executive frequents the same restaurants and coffee shops, prompting the very visible but very unofficial beginning to free agency. 

Whatever the Redskins plans are to add a quarterback, in free agency or the draft, much of the scheme might be figured out at the Combine.

Williams made it clear: The Redskins have to find somebody who can play. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/know-why-redskins-will-add-another-qb-doug-williams-says-so?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I like the potential 2020 QB class better than this years.  I'd much rather find a stop gap on a one year deal and plan on drafting a franchise QB next year.   I don't think we can get any one worth while on a one year deal, so pick up Fitzmagic, roll with colt, stick with Josh, or pick up any other free agent QB to get through the year and suck up Smiths cap hit and draft our starter next year.

Archived