Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So the skins are sitting 4-2.. let's take a look at the rest of the schedule

crabbypatty

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Somebody tweet the show for an explanation.

Personally, it seems to me that’s something you say when you trash historically bad teams and all the sudden they look better than you thought.

You could be right. Cris Carter also sucks and could very well hate the Redskins and really doesn't like what we have so far.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, kingdaddy said:

Well if it was Zorn then scratch that idea....I thought it was someone who had success. I'm gonna go beat myself up for citing something Zorn may have said.

Its a legitimate frame to view the season through.  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I'm not even sure I can predict a win against NY

The Giants were down by 14 points with 5 minutes to play last night against the Falcons.

And they scored 14 points in 5 minutes.

That's exactly the kind of late meltdown this team is known for in the 2nd half, especially the end of the game.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Huh? Where did he suggest that?

I know that Carter opened his trap about AP coming back and he had to eat some crow about that.  But there was no explanation for “we might not like it”.  I don’t know why Chris Carter would have some sort of vendetta against the Redskins.

It's kind of ironic since he and Manusky were teammates.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:30 AM, crabbypatty said:

8 Oct 28 WAS @ NYG MetLife Stadium 1:00 PM          
9 Nov 04 ATL @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM          
10 Nov 11 WAS @ TB Raymond James Stadium 1:00 PM          
11 Nov 18 HOU @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM          
12 Nov 22 WAS @ DAL AT&T Stadium 4:30 PM          
13 Dec 03 WAS @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field 8:15 PM          
14 Dec 09 NYG @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM          
15 Dec 16 WAS @ JAX TIAA Bank Field 1:00 PM          
16 Dec 23 WAS @ TEN Nissan Stadium 1:00 PM          
17 Dec 30 PHI @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM      

Is Atlanta the only tough team left?  We should sweep the Giants, Eagles (Although we will probably rest our starters for this game) and Dallas.  Tennessee doesn't scare me.  Tampa bay stinks and who the heck knows is going on with Jacksonville.

This is setting up VERY nicely for us.  We can assume the division is ours now we just have to hope some of the other divisional winners hiccup so we can get a bye.

18 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Is Atlanta the only tough team left?  We should sweep the Giants, Eagles (Although we will probably rest our starters for this game) and Dallas.  Tennessee doesn't scare me.  Tampa bay stinks and who the heck knows is going on with Jacksonville.

This is setting up VERY nicely for us.  We can assume the division is ours now we just have to hope some of the other divisional winners hiccup so we can get a bye.

Dude, pass along whatever it is you're smoking. 

This team is barely winning games (both CAR and DAL could have easily ended up differently). Until our offense can show that it can do more than run Adrian Peterson into the ground and also show up in the second half of games, we are an 8-8 team. 

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

This team is barely winning games (both CAR and DAL could have easily ended up differently). Until our offense can show that it can do more than run Adrian Peterson into the ground and also show up in the second half of games, we are an 8-8 team. 

barely winning games against elite teams.  None of hte teams down the stretch have electric offenses outside of eagles and falcons.  

Just now, skinfan2k said:

barely winning games against elite teams.  None of hte teams down the stretch have electric offenses outside of eagles and falcons.  

Cowboys are not an elite team. 

Giants can still kill us with passes to OBJ and Evan Ingram to go along with Saquon Barkley. 

I have legitimate concerns just about next week's game. Forget about "elite" teams.

7 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Cowboys are not an elite team. 

Giants can still kill us with passes to OBJ and Evan Ingram to go along with Saquon Barkley. 

I have legitimate concerns just about next week's game. Forget about "elite" teams.

The cowboys defense is elite.  the giants offense has playmakers but their line is the weakness going against the strength of this team.  

Im still very nervous about the Giants and the Falcons, but I will say that after watching the game list night I feel better. Our DL vs both of their teams OL is a big plus for us and should help a ton in stopping those offenses. We should be able to get good pressure up the middle and stuff the run.

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

People said the same thing to me a month ago when I predicted we would go 2-1 over these last three games and have a stranglehold on the division.  Have a little faith!

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

ESPN's power rankings have us 14th this week.  they put six teams with worse records in front of us, including two that we beat.

Personally, I'm okay with this. I think it's accurate and not farfetched to believe there are better teams than us with a worse record. 

Just now, bird_1972 said:

We're a 4-2 team and that's it right now. Do you have an official amount we need to beat teams by, so that an official win is considered a good win?

I think a lot of people are underrating the teams remaining on our schedule, those are tough teams with consistency problems like us. If we catch them on a good day we could be toast if it's a bad day for our team. 

Incredibly hard schedule to predict from here on out to be honest but I'll give a stab at it. 

Washington @ New York

Atlanta @ Washington

Washington @ Tampa Bay

Houston @ Washington

Washington @ Dallas

Washington @ Philadelphia

New York @ Washington

Washington @ Jacksonville

Washington @ Tennessee

Philadelphia @ Washington (For the division) 

8-8, Bye Gruden ?

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Personally, I'm okay with this. I think it's accurate and not farfetched to believe there are better teams than us with a worse record. 

I agree. We're all probably in the same group, but we've been bad with no prolonged success for a long time, so why rank us higher. We're also scraping by, not blowing anyone out, so why rank us higher.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

ESPN's power rankings have us 14th this week.  they put six teams with worse records in front of us, including two that we beat.

yea I noticed that and kind of laughed.  Then again we did get beat by the Colts and we did get schooled by NO so I can't really blame them.

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Somebody tweet the show for an explanation.

Personally, it seems to me that’s something you say when you trash historically bad teams and all the sudden they look better than you thought.

Why in the world would any sportswriter not like giving credit where credit is due?

And NFL history goes back farther than 25 years.

22 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

But by Week 11, Smith will tear his ACL and be gone for the season.

Colt McCoy will start over him and then our O will start clicking until we advance to the SuperBowl and wins it.

Then Colt McCoy is named SuperBowl MVP.

So we'll have done Jags/Philadelphia. 3 seasons in one. Because we're that good!

The only way to improve on that scenario is to bring Rex Grossman out of retirement to back up McCoy, who goes down late in the Super Bowl after putting the game out of reach. When Rex enters the game “**** it I’m going deep” comes to life and he adds three more TDs in three straight 1 play drives. #8 honorable mention for MVP. Skins get ring 4. Hail. 

Archived