Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So the skins are sitting 4-2.. let's take a look at the rest of the schedule

crabbypatty

Just now, Wildbunny said:

But by Week 11, Smith will tear his ACL and be gone for the season.

Colt McCoy will start over him and then our O will start clicking until we advance to the SuperBowl and wins it.

Then Colt McCoy is named SuperBowl MVP.

So we'll have done Jags/Philadelphia. 3 seasons in one. Because we're that good!

Get out

*knocks drink from your hand*

Pump the brakes everybody.  When your offense is playing like this offense is playing, ranked 28th out of 32 teams, averaging through the first six games scoring 21 points per game and more importantly on average 6.2 points in the second half broken down to average 1.0 in the third quarter and 5.2 in the 4th, you can get beat by anyone in this league regardless of how good your defense is.  Remember, the next most important contributor of a good defense other than having good players is is a good offense.  And also remember we have already been beaten this year by one of the worst teams in the league.  So while it is nice to be 4-2, we better not be putting any wins in the win column based on the opponents record and how they are playing.

1 hour ago, glongest said:

Pump the brakes everybody.  When your offense is playing like this offense is playing, ranked 28th out of 32 teams, averaging through the first six games scoring 21 points per game and more importantly on average 6.2 points in the second half broken down to average 1.0 in the third quarter and 5.2 in the 4th, you can get beat by anyone in this league regardless of how good your defense is.  Remember, the next most important contributor of a good defense other than having good players is is a good offense.  And also remember we have already been beaten this year by one of the worst teams in the league.  So while it is nice to be 4-2, we better not be putting any wins in the win column based on the opponents record and how they are playing.

The offense is gonna get better. Believe it.

Looking at the schedule. Honestly there's no reason why we can't win out. However I have two major issues that give me pause. Both demonstrated in the win against dallass. 

1. Play calling/Coaching; Last Skinz  possession that play calling was atrocious and pathetic. Lining AP deep and running a stretch play to Moses side instead of your horse Trent's? Game on the line and we're trying to eat clock. D knows you're trying to run the ball. Perfect call from that formation would've been a bootleg rollout or play action. Dallass was playing run the whole way. Next play they line up AP in the shotgun and run to the same side again. Did I miss something? Why run to their strongest defender in Lawrence and where Lee is lined up at? Your top two recievers are out. When are you gonna feature Reed and Davis in the passing game? Doctson is Doctson. Gruden needs to adjust his routes and playcalling to his strengths. More slants, outs, and curls. He's never gonna run away from a defender. So the coach needs to adjust to get the most out of him. Maybe that gets him the confidence to get him to elevate his game. If not then let's maximize what he does while he's here. 

2. Alex Smith's game play/decision making. Running out of bounds on third down while trying to burn clock. He should've connected on at least one of those throws at the end of the half. Over threw Doctson twice after he beat coverage. Over threw Floyd on the sideline. Some will say the wind. But Dak came right back in the second half and threw perfect balls into that same wind. Smith looks gun shy and hesitant to throw the ball.

Looking at the schedule there's no reason why we couldn't run the table. But I think we'll loose at least another 2-4 games because of either Gruden's bad playcalling or Smith's average at best play.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I cant believe that if there was the playoffs tomorrow, we'd have a home game. Amazing. 

And against Minny, too.  wow would that be fun. 

Beating the NY Giants after the Cowboys to me is imperative.  As Keim said last week, beating Dallas and then losing to the NY Giants would be soooo Redskins hence that's what he predicted would happen.  I get his point.  So if the idea is changing the culture don't let down after last Sunday.  Keep that edge.

Every game left is winnable.  It feels the opposite of 2017 season where the schedule was brutal and it keep looking even more brutal as you dived into it where you weren't just facing good teams but also those good teams in the heat of their momentum.

I am a little worried about playing Philly later in the season when they have time to find their stride.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

And against Minny, too.  wow would that be fun. 

Beating the NY Giants after the Cowboys to me is imperative.  As Keim said last week, beating Dallas and then losing to the NY Giants would be soooo Redskins hence that's what he predicted would happen.  I get his point.  So if the idea is changing the culture don't let down after last Sunday.  Keep that edge.

Every game left is winnable.  It feels the opposite of 2017 season where the schedule was brutal and it keep looking even more brutal as you dived into it where you weren't just facing good teams but also those good teams in the heat of their momentum.

I am a little worried about playing Philly later in the season when they have time to find their stride.

Philly played way over their heads last year. They'll be tough, but we should be better too. They'll be good games.

I'd love to host the Vikes. That would be a fun hype game.

I had said in another thread, it's a game of momentum. When you start playing better and winning more, that football starts bouncing your way.

9 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

8:51 "We might not like it but we have to give the Redskins credit"

This is damning

On who? The team for not doing enough to garner credit over the years. Difficult to expect folks to want to give credit to the NFC East’s whipping boy for the past two decades.  Let the Redskins change the narrative and nobody will ever have to say that.  I know people always say that the world wants the Cowboys to win every game, but I see 95% of folks paid to talk sports love to talk about how bad Dak sucks.  The other 5% being Skip Bayless.

9 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

8:51 "We might not like it but we have to give the Redskins credit"

This is damning

I noticed that as well. They would never, NEVER say something like that about any other team in the NFC East.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On who? The team for not doing enough to garner credit over the years. Difficult to expect folks to want to give credit to the NFC East’s whipping boy for the past two decades.  Let the Redskins change the narrative and nobody will ever have to say that.  I know people always say that the world wants the Cowboys to win every game, but I see 95% of folks paid to talk sports love to talk about how bad Dak sucks.  The other 5% being Skip Bayless.

He didn't suggest that the Redskins aren't good or don't deserve credit. He suggested that none of them want the Redskins to succeed.

6 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

He didn't suggest that the Redskins aren't good or don't deserve credit. He suggested that none of them want the Redskins to succeed.

Huh? Where did he suggest that?

I know that Carter opened his trap about AP coming back and he had to eat some crow about that.  But there was no explanation for “we might not like it”.  I don’t know why Chris Carter would have some sort of vendetta against the Redskins.

Man I really really really want to believe.  I mean we have the Giants this week.  Match ups its not even close, our DL should FEAST on that OL.  Eli should just be scarred to even handle the ball let along be patient in the pocket by the 3rd quarter.  But then I remember what an egg we laid with the Colts and I come back to my senses and say its going to be a struggle in NY.  I will not even go beyond this game, we are NOT GOOD to look beyond on game at a time.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm just wondering what makes him say he doesnt like to give us credit. Especially after saying you are what your record says you are. Then stfu and give us credit, dont reluctantly do it, your career isnt on the line for giving us credit. I just thought it was odd on his behalf, dont think he would have said that about many other teams. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But there was no explanation for “we might not like it”.  I don’t know why Chris Carter would have some sort of vendetta against the Redskins.

Because it's cool to hate the Redskins (name, Dan Synder, etc. etc.)

It didn't bother me as much as, say, Tony Romo's out-and-out cheering for the Cowboys on CBS, but it's a common refrain we seem to hear. My question would be, why does he have an opinion on it one way or another? It shows a very Anti-Redskins slant to media reporting.

Archived