Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So the skins are sitting 4-2.. let's take a look at the rest of the schedule

crabbypatty

Monday 's game is huge.  Frankly all the remaining games are vital if the Skins want the division title.  A wildcard still looks good, but it might require a 10-6 record.

For Dallas, after the Saints game -- it looks like they actually have an easier schedule than the Skins do.  So somehow the Skins need to win vs Philly while Dallas loses to New Orleans, and the the Skins have to hold on to that lead in the division.  It almost looks like the Skins will have to win all the remaining games to win the division. or hope that Dallas drops two games before the season ends.

If we want to win the division then the games against the Jags and Titans will be important, it's likely we would need a tiebreaker to win the division and since we split the head to head and the plan is to have at least the same division record as Dallas, the 3rd tiebreaker comes down to common opponents win percentage and right now we are tied with Dallas at 2-2, Dallas beat the Jags and lost to the Titans, we have to beat one of those 2 teams to keep pace on the tiebreakers which would send it to the 4th tiebreaker which is conference record and we are 6-3 right now.

It doesn't matter what the scenario is, this team simply cannot function under bright lights.

Monday night Football has been kryptonite to this team and coaches; somehow they just play like they've just been put together as a team and have no clue what to do.

The Eagles are desperate; I'd say far more desperate than the Redskins, and they will pull whatever tricks out of their book that they can to ensure a win, and more than likely they will win, unfortunately. Gruden will begin to feel the heat after this game, as fans really begin to get loud over the poor game planning and lack of effectiveness of the players, and with a chance to stay in the hunt the Redskins will fail to rise to the occasion.

There isn't any point in looking ahead, that would indicate confidence, and this team has no reason to be confident. Gruden will have had 11 or 12 days to prepare, to game plan, to get players healthy, to experiment with different players and formations, and to get the players fired up and ready to show they want to win, but once the lights come on, it will be crystal clear that he hasn't done ANY of these things.

Its just how Gruden is; he's under-achieving, predictable, conservative, and repetitive. Strategizing isn't his cup of tea, he doesn't know how to; he doesn't know how to attack an opponent's weakness, and his ineffectiveness will rear its ugly head come Monday night. The writing is on the wall.

53 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

One thing i know for sure, we’ll be back in sole possession of 1st place by the end of tonight, for at least 4 days 😁 

and most likely only the next 4 days...after which we’ll be in 3rd place via a 3-way tie at 6-6. 

Don't hold your hand over ur ass when Dallas beats the saints...

22 hours ago, Dancing Bear said:

Whom have known that this turned out to be a "kiss of death" thread.

Ya it sucks..as much as I want to bash sic for his above post I can't because..well unfortunately it's spot on..I'm preying I'm wrong and gruden has his team prepared

55 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why would one ever do that at all anyway 😮🤔 

also, the cowboys are not beating the saints. Trust me :) Dallas will come right back down to earth tonight. 

That's just an old persons saying lol..never heard it?... I hope you're right about the cowboys crashing back to Earth... But I got a feeling the NFL wants it a different way.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Carolina currently losing to the Bucs, 17-7.

That's good for us.

What would be even better, tho unlikely, is if SF pulls a huge upset against Seattle.

Vikes loss to the Pats would be good too.

Even if all that worked out.  Do you really want this team in the playoffs??  We aren't nowhere near being a playoff team let alone competing against one.

7 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Even if all that worked out.  Do you really want this team in the playoffs??  We aren't nowhere near being a playoff team let alone competing against one.

Understanding that question wasn’t for me, but here’s my answer to it: As a hugeeeeee fan, **** yes i want The team i cheer for to be in the playoffs. No matter how bad they’ve been looking. If they’re in contention in December, YES 100%. I want to think most people would feel that way too

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Understanding that question wasn’t for me, but here’s my answer to it: As a hugeeeeee fan, **** yes i want The team i cheer for to be in the playoffs. No matter how bad they’ve been looking. If they’re in contention in December, YES 100%. I want to think most people would feel that way too

Im a huge fan too, but we aren't a playoff caliber team.  It's not a notch in our belt to back into the playoffs and then get blown out the first wild card game.  All that would do is keep Gruden around longer.  We have to learn to beat playoff caliber teams before we go TO the playoffs and face all good teams.  I guess I just don't like the embarrassment of being exposed for what we really are after thinking we were a good team.  The weak schedule masked a lot of our problems.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Thirtyfive2seven said:

See ...

I'm pretty sure that the Redskins will be a show on Monday night as usual

On 11/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

nope. We were first in our division before our QB got hurt, no chance bruce gets ****canned for this performance.... 

Well if the guillotine falls on the coach, I can only hope that the Redskins hire Jim Harbaugh.  Even though it shouldn't because Gruden has actually done a pretty decent job with Alex Smith at QB and no WR's at all.  No one can win more than a few games with McCoy as the starter.  Funny, where are all the people who use to say Cousins sucked and McCoy should be given a shot?  Let's see how the rest of the season turns out. 

Archived