Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So the skins are sitting 4-2.. let's take a look at the rest of the schedule

crabbypatty

8 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Yes, but if we lose tomorrow we'll go from the 6th seed to 8th. Vikings will take over our 6th spot. Next week the Vikes play the Seahawks and the Eagles play the Cowboys. If the Vikes and Eagles lose and we beat the Giants, we'll be back in 6th.

Oh vikings play Seattle as well? That's helpful. Win tomorrow and I think we are playing football in Jan one way or another. Lose and I think it goes down to about 25%  - 30% chance, so yea, big game.

30 minutes ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

Oh vikings play Seattle as well? That's helpful. Win tomorrow and I think we are playing football in Jan one way or another. Lose and I think it goes down to about 25%  - 30% chance, so yea, big game.

Crazy, two weeks ago we were at like 80%....only this team

10-6 = record we need

Eagles

Giants

Jags

Titans

Eagles

I dont see 4 wins there.

Knowing us, well get 3 wins, go 9-7, miss the playoffs and be stuck in that god awful medicore-ville ... where you continue to be just good enough to not have a top pick for a franchise altering QB but not good enough to actually make the playoffs.

So redskins .. fighting the urge to not start rooting for a 6-10 record.

7 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

10-6 = record we need

I dont see 4 wins there.

Knowing us, well get 3 wins, go 9-7, miss the playoffs and be stuck in that god awful medicore-ville ... where you continue to be just good enough to not have a top pick for a franchise altering QB but not good enough to actually make the playoffs.

Pink,

I certainly feel the lack of optimism here, but strongly disagree with you that 9-7 won't get it.  I think it's nearly certain that 9-7 gets the final wildcard.  It implies that any team that gets to 8 losses (or even 7 losses and a tie in Green Bay's and Minnesota's case) would be out:

That would already eliminate:

Arizona, San Fran, Atlanta, New York, Detroit, Green Bay

Tampa - could win out and get to 9-7, but we won head to head so we'd get the wildcard over them in the very unlikely event that they run the table.

Philly - We obviously have to at least split with Philly, so even if they were to win out otherwise, they'd end up 9-7 and we'd win the division record tiebreaker.  (Plus they still have to play @ Dallas and @ Rams, besides the two games against us, so them ending up with 8 losses is nearly certain.)

Basically that leaves three teams for the two wild cards:  Us, Seattle, and Minnesota  

Seattle is most definitely getting one of the Wild cards, they still play San Fran, and Arizona.  Even losing the other two games, they will get to 9-7.

Minnesota is the (for obvious reasons) interesting one:  Currently they are 6-5-1, with four games left.  They need to lose two of the remaining four, which includes @ Seattle, Miami, @ Detroit, and Chicago.  

So pretty much, need to have Minny lose two of their next four, we go 3-2, and 9-7 will get us in, regardless of what the rest of the NFC does.  Dallas most likely will get to 10-6 and win the division, and we may very well end up the 6-seed playing them in the first round of the playoffs at Jerry World.

Need Seattle to win vs. Minnesota this coming week, and we need to take care of business in our next two NFC East games....

11 hours ago, Morneblade said:

So, who thinks that the Giants overtake us for the 3rd spot and we end up in the cellar of the division again?

The Jags just held the Colts to 0 points.

It's very possible we loose out.

Ugh, this is looking more and more like it's inevitable. I don't even know who's gonna play guard next week.

So the Skins are now only a half game out of a wild card spot.

Next week's games favor the Skins, because of 2 matchups that might take down a notch 2 of our rivals.

Eagles and Cowboys play. Eagles win, (and if we do) and we're in a 3 way tie for 1st place.

Seattle and MInnesota play. That automatically takes down a notch one of the 2 Wild Card teams ahead of us.

So with a win, we're at least tied for a Wild Card spot in record, and possibly ALSO tied in record for the division lead.

Go ahead...whip me for being "positive".

58 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So the Skins are now only a half game out of a wild card spot.

We're in the 9th seed now. Eagles win our tie, and the Panthers beat the Eagles so their ahead of the Eagles at 7th. I guess it's division first then conference. We could be back in 6th again with a win over the Giants (EaglesvCowboys, VikingsvSeahawks, PanthersvBrowns). The Giants are a must game or it's 3 straight to get out of 8-8.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea I was too tired to look at how all the tie-breakers would hash out.

So, I just looked at it strictly record-wise, when saying that.

No your right, in a way were only a half game out. If the players would only realize that for the next 4 games.

6 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

No your right, in a way were only a half game out. If the players would only realize that for the next 4 games.

Us fans too. Because it's easy as a fan to get tunnel vision, and only see how your team is doing, and not realizing that with the exception of Seattle, every single Wild Card contender is at least a little shaky, just like us.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Us fans too. Because it's easy as a fan to get tunnel vision, and only see how your team is doing, and not realizing that with the exception of Seattle, every single Wild Card contender is at least a little shaky, just like us.

We are way more than a little shaky with our QB situation. It was tough enough with our first choice Alex Smith. We are down to our 3rd choice who was not on an NFL roster two weeks ago. 

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Colt hasn't won a game yet, I'm waiting for Mark to.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We are way more than a little shaky with our QB situation. It was tough enough with our first choice Alex Smith. We are down to our 3rd choice who was not on an NFL roster two weeks ago. 

I completely understand the logic and the reason to lose hope, however I always hold onto the true belief that absolutely anything can happen in the NFL.

Not just any given sunday, but any given season, or half-season, as well.

As long as it's theoretically possible, I will always truly believe that its possible. Doesn't mean I believe it's going to happen, or even likely to happen, I just hold out hope that it's still possible.

NFL isn't an exact science, and quite often the utterly unexpected happens. I ignore the unlikely, and hold on, to the "possible".

I can do that, because I'm not a gambling man, so I have no money at stake, with my "believing" ;)

Archived