Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So the skins are sitting 4-2.. let's take a look at the rest of the schedule

crabbypatty

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

He definitely doesn’t help, but those other years were Gibbs 2.0. This stench starts and ends with Snyder.

Gibbs 2 was 

6-10

10-6

5-11

9-7

they won 5 in a row to get to the playoffs in 2005, and then 4 in a row in 2007.

The other year they started well and ended up 8-8 was 2008 with Zorn.

Gruden hadn’t gotten near 5-2 in any other season he coached, this was the best. 

There te was a collapse in 2016 but they weren’t really that far ahead.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Gruden hadn’t gotten near 5-2 in any other season he coached, this was the best. 

There te was a collapse in 2016 but they weren’t really that far ahead.

He hadn’t gotten near 5-2 any other season? Wouldn’t 4-2 in 2016 be near 5-2? It seems pretty close to me🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

IMO, writing is on the wall from where I'm sitting.  I'd love to be wrong but I think there's a good chance I'm right.

I agree With that, but please, PLEASE stop making me think about that!!! It’s december it’s supposed to be a happy time of the year!! 😭😭😭

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He hadn’t gotten near 5-2 any other season? Wouldn’t 4-2 in 2016 be near 5-2? It seems pretty close to me🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok, fair enough.  I always forget they started 4-2 because they also started 0-2.

Though HE more than anybody cost them the next 2 games (loss and tie) because he’s a gutless wonder and bad game manager, and hired an awful DC.

4-2 became 4-3-1 so fast.  

Granred, they rebounded to get to 6-3-1 before the wheels completely fell off.

I guess I’ll concede the point, they had a better start to 2016 and collapsed.   

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If they lose to the Eagles tomorrow, the season is tanked.

No, it brings up the “code red” game against the Giants.  Which we lose at home. Because that’s what’s ordained from above apparently. Our season is destined to be ended by the Giants.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Probably. Unless we win next week and Philly beats Dallas. Then it’s a game of “who can screw up the least out of us, Philly and Dallas the final 3 games”. 

Ok if we lose to Philly and beat the Giants and Jags, do you really think we will be out of it going into Christmas? I don't. Why because one of Philly or Dallas is losing next week and we would still have Philly to play at home (and we would be 8-6)

Ok I am not saying we are suddenly going to do that if we lose tomorrow, that would be three straight loses but the narrative that the season is over tomorrow isn't 100% correct, it's must win for Philly not quite for us. That's my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

Ok if we lose to Philly and beat the Giants and Jags, do you really think we will be out of it going into Christmas? I don't. Why because one of Philly or Dallas is losing next week and we would still have Philly to play at home (and we would be 8-6)

Ok I am not saying we are suddenly going to do that if we lose tomorrow, that would be three straight loses but the narrative that the season is over tomorrow isn't 100% correct, it's must win for Philly not quite for us. That's my opinion. 

....?  Where in my post did i say The team willl be “out of it” at Christmas”? What I said was that if we lose tomorrow and then Win on Sunday, and Philly beats Dallas, all 3 are 7-6, which makes it a game of “which out of the 3 can screw up the least the final 3 games”. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....?  Where in my post did i say The team willl be “out of it” at Christmas”? What I said was that if we lose tomorrow and then Win on Sunday, and Philly beats Dallas, all 3 are 7-6, which makes it a game of “which out of the 3 can screw up the least the final 3 games”. 

Sorry I should have quoted the guy you replied to, not you. I was just entering the conversation but my point remains I've read tomorrow is must win about 1500 times tonight but it's not actually over if we lose tomorrow. 

Just now, Suffolk_Skins said:

Sorry I should have quoted the guy you replied to, not you. I was just entering the conversation but my point remains I've read tomorrow is must with about 1500 times tonight but it's not actually over if we lose tomorrow. 

I’m with you, it’s definitely not a must win. Although losing would hurt a bit i think. At least until next weekend where things can turn around a bit 

a loss MIGHT hurt our playoff hopes but a great Sunday next week can change that as well 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Funny 😂 but while it MIGHT happen this year, it’s pretty hard to say this was the last time it’s happened, when it hasn’t even happened for us this year YET. But again, funny joke :P 

Giants are 2 games out? I can totally see it happening

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Giants are 2 games out? I can totally see it happening

No I got that. Im saying that it’s impossible to say we are the last team to be in 1st and go to 4th, before it has even happened yet. Unless you’re psychic. Wait.....🤔 are you?? 😂😂

it was a funny joke though :) and yes, MIGHT end up being true LATER. Just not true NOW. 

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m with you, it’s definitely not a must win. Although losing would hurt a bit i think. At least until next weekend where things can turn around a bit 

a loss MIGHT hurt our playoff hopes but a great Sunday next week can change that as well 

It would hurt more than a bit, at least a division title would be a long shot at that point and the Eagles would be right back in it with the tiebreaker against us. Just would not end the season. A win would be huge, a loss not catastrophic. A few twists and turns yet. 

I hope the team plays like it is must win though.

Just now, Suffolk_Skins said:

It would hurt more than a bit, at least a division title would be a long shot at that point and the Eagles would be right back in it with the tiebreaker against us. Just would not end the season. A win would be huge, a loss not catastrophic. A few twists and turns yet. 

I hope the team plays like it is must win though.

I wouldnt even give up any hopes of winning the division yet even with a loss tomorrow though. Like i said, even with a loss tomorrow, all it takes is a win against NY, with a Philly won against Dallas to make it a 3 way tie at 7-6. That puts us right back in reach of an nfc east title. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Absolutely. I always root for success and progress

Yes it keep life interesting until Jan and would be a step forward.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wouldnt even give up any hopes of winning the division yet even with a loss tomorrow though. Like i said, even with a loss tomorrow, all it takes is a win against NY, with a Philly won against Dallas to make it a 3 way tie at 7-6. That puts us right back in reach of an nfc east title. 

True, I don't think they are winning down there though but who knows

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So if we win we move to the 5th seed.

Yes, but if we lose tomorrow we'll go from the 6th seed to 8th. Vikings will take over our 6th spot. Next week the Vikes play the Seahawks and the Eagles play the Cowboys. If the Vikes and Eagles lose and we beat the Giants, we'll be back in 6th.

Archived