Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

20 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Dallas plays Atlanta on the road. If they lose that will be huge.

Absolutely huge.

The NFL is a week to week game with tons of parity.  You can't look at who beats who anymore.

Having said that, which will contradict my words....

Atlanta just gave up 200+ yards on the ground to the Browns.

The Cowboys just put up 180+ yards on the ground against the Iggles.

I'm willing to bet the Cowboys run all over the Falcons D, unfortunately.

18 hours ago, Morneblade said:

No. Honestly, the 91' Redskins were likely the most complete team ever. Here is a stat you will never see again. They gave up 7 sacks for the entire year.

7 sacks over 16 games. On 447 attempts.

Tot Yds & TO     Passing Rushing Penalties
Player                     PF    Yds     Ply    Y/P   TO  FL 1stD Cmp Att Yds TD Int NY/A 1stD Att Yds TD Y/A 1stD Pen Yds 1stPy
Team Stats 485 5741 996 5.8 23 12 302 261 447 3692 30 11 8.1 179 540 2049 21 3.8 107 90 798 16
Opp. Stats 224 4293 946 4.5 41 14 242 292 548 2947 13 27 4.9 151 348 1346 11 3.9 72 94 767 19
Lg Rank Offense 1 4     3 4 9   26 5 2 3 1   1 7 1 18        
Lg Rank Defense 2 3     3 14 3   27 9 5 2 2   2 3 12 11        

Best team to ever play a season in the NFL.  

Didn't give up a single point at home til our 4th home game (week 7).  Look at the defensive stats...

Week Day Date       OT Rec   Opp Tm Opp 1stD TotYd PassY RushY TO 1stD TotYd PassY RushY TO
1 Sun September 1 8:00PM ET boxscore W   1-0   Detroit Lions 45 0 23 392 201 191 1 9 154 61 93 4
2 Mon September 9 8:00PM ET boxscore W   2-0 @ Dallas Cowboys 33 31 20 332 192 140 1 19 349 224 125 2
3 Sun September 15 1:00PM ET boxscore W   3-0   Phoenix Cardinals 34 0 22 350 181 169 2 10 165 110 55 4
4 Sun September 22 1:00PM ET boxscore W   4-0 @ Cincinnati Bengals 34 27 20 344 212 132 2 21 322 186 136 1
5 Mon September 30 9:00PM ET boxscore W   5-0   Philadelphia Eagles 23 0 17 357 184 173 4 4 89 35 54 3
6 Sun October 6 1:00PM ET boxscore W   6-0 @ Chicago Bears 20 7 12 243 168 75 1 19 319 199 120 3
7 Sun October 13 1:00PM ET boxscore W   7-0   Cleveland Browns 42 17 23 398 190 208 1 17 389 301 88 2

89 total yards to the Eagles.... 

Yes we are in first place but if you check the TV listings for the northeast you will find the networks decided to broadcast the Cowboys at Atlanta. Two third place teams, are you kidding me! Then they snubbed us. We are in first place and we are playing another first place team yet we are stuck watching the Cowboys. We get no respect. WTF. Hope someone can stream the Redskins for us this Sunday.

4 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Yes we are in first place but if you check the TV listings for the northeast you will find the networks decided to broadcast the Cowboys at Atlanta. Two third place teams, are you kidding me! Then they snubbed us. We are in first place and we are playing another first place team yet we are stuck watching the Cowboys. We get no respect. WTF. Hope someone can stream the Redskins for us this Sunday.

Ummm, Dallas at Atlanta is a FOX game. Texans at Skins is a CBS game. 

If you listen to the media this week they trust the Cowboys to win the division because they play good defense and can run the ball and that wins as the season goes on. Meanwhile, we are not even talked about as having much of a chance to win the division 2 games up, because our offense is all about running and they dismiss our defense which is 4th in points allowed. Media bias.

48 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I'm hoping since this is part Giants country they show the Redskins because of the NFC East

Giants are on at 1 and home, so I would assume you get only that game and nothing on CBS

Philly/New England area gets Pittsburgh/Jax, which fox would typically show NFC East.

Only markets getting skins are DMV and South Central US.

You can go forward to Sunday on your TV to double check, but the 506 map is always pretty damn accurate:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=11 

33 minutes ago, superozman said:

Giants are on at 1 and home, so I would assume you get only that game and nothing on CBS

Philly/New England area gets Pittsburgh/Jax, which fox would typically show NFC East.

Only markets getting skins are DMV and South Central US.

You can go forward to Sunday on your TV to double check, but the 506 map is always pretty damn accurate:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=11 

Comcast in south Jersey gives us NY and Philly stations. The Pitt game is on Philly station. As far as living in a area where I get Redskins home games, I would love it but my kids are here with the grandkids so I am trapped like a rat in south Jersey as my wife will never leave. I also have a place in Fla so I go there in winter and I get Miami home games, so I get to watch 4 teams I hate. Nats, Jets, Eagles, Fish. Mabe someday I will move to No Carolina . Cheers.

So I've been thinking about the upcoming Texas 2 step we have.. and came to a horrifying realization.

What if we lose the next 2, which is a very real possibility, and we're sitting at 6-5 still with 2 games vs the iggles to go..

the eagles win one or two over the next 2 weeks and if we lose the first game to them things are going to get VERY uncomfortable for us skins fans..

they need to go 1-1 over the next 2 games.. preferably 2-0, but if they go 0-2 we're staring down the barrel of a big time implosion circa 2008. There's a real possibility they could end the season 8-8 again. Anyone think heads will roll if that's the case, or does Gruden get the injury pass yet again?

I still maintain that his stupid "power" running scheme is what helps cause all these OL injuries.. everyone all bunched up in the middle of the field with bodies falling all over the place you're bound to get a ton of lower body injuries.

I don't recall that being as much of an issue with Shanny's ZBS. Guys were constantly moving in space and didn't seem to suffer nearly the same amount of injuries to the OL over the years.

12 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

they need to go 1-1 over the next 2 games.. preferably 2-0, but if they go 0-2 we're staring down the barrel of a big time implosion circa 2008. There's a real possibility they could end the season 8-8 again. Anyone think heads will roll if that's the case, or does Gruden get the injury pass yet again?

I still maintain that his stupid "power" running scheme is what helps cause all these OL injuries.. everyone all bunched up in the middle of the field with bodies falling all over the place you're bound to get a ton of lower body injuries.

1)  I agree, 0-2 and we are looking at a possibly implosion.  Unless the Eagles step it up, 8-8 may win the division.  I have a comfy feeling about this game though.  Players seem to be a little excited for this one, doing their best getting the fans ready.  Frankly, my thought now is 1/1 vs Texas.  1/1 vs Philly.  2-1 vs giants/titans/jags.  10-6 is my guess now.

2)  For the injury thought, I actually believe its the fact that all of our drives are lengthy drives.  Seriously.  How many deep shots/big plays have we had that eliminate a long scoring drive?  AP's Giants run, and Smith --> Richardson Packers bomb.  Thats about it.  All other scoring drives were long which means the offensive lline is out there consistently battling.

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

I don't recall that being as much of an issue with Shanny's ZBS. Guys were constantly moving in space and didn't seem to suffer nearly the same amount of injuries to the OL over the years.

Very interesting theory. My favorite is the RB plowing into the back of his blocker. It would be interesting to compile a vid of every OL injury team by team and league wide, and see if it supports your conclusion.   It doesnt seem that difficult, but think of all the times we also see a mass of bodies in the middle of the field, and our OL likely injured on said play, but dragging themselves up. So its tough to determine exactly when an injury occurred, as we see our guys sometimes tapping out after giving it a go, or sucking it up buttercup, as they say.

I think you may be onto something. Mikes guys also got exercise running as much as they did, and falling forward with their momentum helping them along, which should in "CP" theory help prevent lower body injuries. I like it. I like it a lot.

maxresdefault.jpg

I honestly believe we don't have to worry too much about the Eagles.  They play NO in NO this week and also the Rams out West.  Don't see them winning those and we have then the two games between us.  Dallas is our main competitor now and it will probably be a must win come Thanksgiving.  If we do beat them then I think they are also done.  Basically we need 3 wins, one against the Cowboys, one against the Eagles and then whatever (Giants here) and we have won this division.

The NFC East is so funny this year.  I just checked the Vegas Odds for this week.  All NFC East teams are underdogs this week, except one.  The only favorite this week is... The Giants.  Should be an interesting weekend.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, TheGreek1973 said:

Dallas is our main competitor now and it will probably be a must win come Thanksgiving.

I like to look at common opponents, and put some weight on that, to get an idea who's better.

If we manage to beat the Texans, the Skins will be 2-0 against Texans and Panthers. And Dallas will be 0-2 against those same teams.

And of course, head to head counts, so really we are 3-0 vs 0-3 in common opponents.

Those are the only common opponents (thus far) although we both played Giants once, and both beat them, each of us by 7 points, so that's a wash.

And then Dallas plays one more common opponent Sunday.

Archived