Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

On 11/14/2018 at 12:48 PM, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Think CBS is going with Pitt and Jacksonville. Least that is what it looks like in the NE.

Yes, here is the CBS map coverage for week 11:

CBS SINGLE

11-CBS.png
 Anchorage
 Fairbanks
 Honolulu
Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville
Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Houston @ Washington
Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Bruce Arians

Cincinnati @ Baltimore
Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Denver @ LA Chargers (LATE)
Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, TheGreek1973 said:

I honestly believe we don't have to worry too much about the Eagles.  They play NO in NO this week and also the Rams out West.  Don't see them winning those and we have then the two games between us.  Dallas is our main competitor now and it will probably be a must win come Thanksgiving.  If we do beat them then I think they are also done.  Basically we need 3 wins, one against the Cowboys, one against the Eagles and then whatever (Giants here) and we have won this division.

My worry is not so much the opponents, but the Redskins, and complacency.

I think the Texans win sunday, and doubt Dallas wins against the Falconians, so its AFTER this game, against Dallas, where the rubber meets the road.

I think Dallas wins this game, possibly in blow-out fashion, I suspect. A nationally televised game [ where the Redskins are horrible ], and this is the point where Dallas makes a run, desperation style, while the Redskins are busy licking their wounds while the other opponents are waiting in the weeds to pounce.

This is when Gruden goes into safe mode, not wanting to take any chances and try to protect his 1 game lead. During this time of the season the good teams make their moves and become aggressive, but not Gruden. Who knows, by this time the Eagles could catch fire [ they are the defending SB champions ] and try to make a run, and by week 15 all 3 teams are within a game of each other, and then all bets are off.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I actually think the Cowboys will win. Just getting that kind of vibe. Had the same vibe last week with the Skins when everyone thought we'd lose to the Bucs.

I’m split on that for some reason...on one hand i think the falcons loss to the browns last week was just due to them being overconfident after beating us the weekend before. On the other hand, the “any given Sunday” saying...and Dallas did score 27 against the eagles last weekend. 

This board is going to be unbearable if we lose tomorrow AND thanksgiving and Dallas wins tomorrow and thanksgiving. Add to that, the fact that we then have a MNF game (which is pretty much a guaranteed loss for this team) on the road in Philly the week after? Yeahhh, i think we need to be at least 1-1 after these 2 games.

6 hours ago, skins island connection said:

C'mon Man!

You honestly don't think that "complacency" ship has sailed? 

If they lose, (and I don't think that they will), it won't be because they were complacent....

As much as i keep thinking about the possibility that we could lose these next two games and be 6-5, at the same time in the back of my mind is the thought that we could also be 8-3. 

Think about that for a second.....if we SOMEHOW beat the Texans tomorrow, and Dallas on thanksgiving, this team could be 8-3 by Thursday night. How insane would that be? I’m pretty sure that has only happened in my dreams!!! And in my madden franchises ???

At a minimum, we gotta follow Rich's plan...

REDSKINS?H?gs⚂ @drewskinsfan232

REDSKINS

?H

?gs⚂ Retweeted Rich Tandler

Before his passing, Rich Tandler laid out #Redskins path to 10 wins(Skins were 2-1 when he wrote this):

1. Split with Eagles

2. Win 3/4 against Giants and Cowboys

3. Split with NFC South

4. Beat Texans at home

5. Split with Titans/Jags

Gotta check 4 off this week. #HTTRWASRedskins18.png

We ain’t beating the Texans folks, forget about it.

we should win the jags, I’m iffy about the titans, we should have some more info the next couple of games but they’re looking to finish strong.

this is the time of the year where offenses start getting it together, and honestly, I saw no signs of improvement last week so we need to start betting better.

if we split with the cowboys and eagles we probably don’t make the playoffs, so we still got a lot of work to do. 

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We ain’t beating the Texans folks, forget about it.

we should win the jags, I’m iffy about the titans, we should have some more info the next couple of games but they’re looking to finish strong.

this is the time of the year where offenses start getting it together, and honestly, I saw no signs of improvement last week so we need to start betting better.

if we split with the cowboys and eagles we probably don’t make the playoffs, so we still got a lot of work to do. 

So splitting with the Cowboys (L on Thanksgiving) and Eagles gets us to 7 wins.

Beating the Jags gets us to 8 wins, and I'm assuming you think we beat the Giants here to get to 9 wins.

Both Dallas and Philly are 4-5 right now, which means either has to go 5-2 to also get to 9. As of now, I don't see either getting there. Not that I want the Skins to only win 9...…..10 would be nice, and 11 would be spectacular. 

12 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I think the Texans win sunday, and doubt Dallas wins against the Falconians, so its AFTER this game, against Dallas, where the rubber meets the road.

I think Dallas wins this game, possibly in blow-out fashion, I suspect. A nationally televised game [ where the Redskins are horrible ], and this is the point where Dallas makes a run, desperation style, while the Redskins are busy licking their wounds while the other opponents are waiting in the weeds to pounce.

This is when Gruden goes into safe mode, not wanting to take any chances and try to protect his 1 game lead. During this time of the season the good teams make their moves and become aggressive, but not Gruden. Who knows, by this time the Eagles could catch fire [ they are the defending SB champions ] and try to make a run, and by week 15 all 3 teams are within a game of each other, and then all bets are off.

Hey I found the guy Josh Norman was talking about. 

7 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

If you guys make the postseason who would you want to play first?

I'd say out of all the contending teams, if you are interested in the win, you probably look at the most inexperienced QB, and that would be Trubisky and the Bears

Sure, folks who are revenge-motivated would want the Seahawks, the Packers (I doubt they make it), or of course Kirk Cousins coming back in purple to FedEx,

But I remember the last playoff in 2015 and folks preferring to play a supposedly banged up Packers team with Rodgers rather than Teddy Bridgewater and the Vikings. Look how that turned out. 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I'd say out of all the contending teams, if you are interested in the win, you probably look at the most inexperienced QB, and that would be Trubisky and the Bears

I agree with this logic, but would also be unafraid of Carolina and Minnesota. Minny makes mistakes and we've already beat Carolina. 

11 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I agree with this logic, but would also be unafraid of Carolina and Minnesota. Minny makes mistakes and we've already beat Carolina. 

Yep, plus the fact we know that Vikings QB pretty well, that could be an advantage too. 

I might be alone in this but Seattle doesn’t scare me at all right now. I feel like we could beat them.

I don't like our playoff history with Seattle. Then again, I don't know that we have many players left from our last loss. Trent?

Exorcising that ghost would be nice. Minnesota would be an interesting full circle, but I don't think the psyche of Redskins' nation could stand it.

If we get even warm(I'm talking 2012 where we were dubbed the best team in the NFL in November when we won 7 in a row I believe it was)I truly believe that we could beat the Rams Vikings and yes the saints...and don't let a certain visitor here fool ya into believing Seattle is a threat now in the NFC..pssst seattle...we would straight **** slap them..but ya it starts today at home against the oi Texans

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So, I don't think we lose to Dallas, but if we do, do we stay in first place?  Our division record will be 2-1 and their's would be 3-1 and we'd have same conference record.

This could easily be the biggest Redskins-Dallas game since the 2012 finale.

3-1 > 2-1 so yes they'd be in 1st.

I think Thursday's game determines who wins the NFC East.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

3-1 > 2-1 so yes they'd be in 1st.

I think Thursday's game determines who wins the NFC East.

Makes sense, but we have a much easier schedule to finish then Dallas does.  Think its like 2nd or 3rd easiest with less NFC games while Dallas still has to play the Saints still.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Makes sense, but we have a much easier schedule to finish then Dallas does.  Think its like 2nd or 3rd easiest with less NFC games while Dallas still has to play the Saints still.

Cowboys get the Saints in Dallas. They can win that game. I mean, the Saints aren't going 15-1 in all likelihood.

17 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

If you guys make the postseason who would you want to play first?

Anybody who isn't good so we can at least say we won a playoff game.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cowboys get the Saints in Dallas. They can win that game. I mean, the Saints aren't going 15-1 in all likelihood.

I will believe that when I see it. Dallas is not beating N.O..

Archived