Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Aaron Rodgers Gimpy Knee

TK

53 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

When we run the ball well we win. That is what I took away from this game. Obviously it is more than that but I really liked how we pounded it. 

I can't watch the games. But looking at the stats, in terms of yardage, our #1 and #3 receivers are running backs. 

Makes me suspect we're being versatile.  

Just now, NeverSurrender said:

Tight coverage can cause drops!!

Nah man, they were just bad drops. Both Cobb and Kendricks were totally open. Cobb was a little more understandable since the pass was a little behind him (but it's still on him) and Kendricks was just awful as he was totally open and it hit him right in the hands in stride.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Nah man, they were just bad drops. Both Cobb and Kendricks were totally open. Cobb was a little more understandable since the pass was a little behind him (but it's still on him) and Kendricks was just awful as he was totally open and it hit him right in the hands in stride.

I agree but Moreau was all over Cobb all day.  I thought we might overlook Cobb today but Moreau was up to the challenge.

46 minutes ago, mistertim said:

However I disagree about it being 90%. When you're up by 11 against Rodgers with anything over 10 minutes left the game is absolutely a 100% toss up and if you decide to go conservative and turtle to try and protect that lead, IMO it drops to about a 25% chance of winning. We got insanely lucky with some horribly timed drops and penalties from the Packers.

Looking at stats, it seems Rodgers isn't that great at mounting comebacks.

PFR has him with 12 4Q comebacks. While Smith has 13. And that's only taking into account games within 1 score... And in his whole career he had 20 such games... Not that impressive either. He usually has two of them a year.

So GB isn't that good at mounting comebacks.

Rodgers is a freaking good QB playing on a not so good team. Just like Drew Brees (who's way better at this btw).

We were scared of it because of him but stats where not really backing him up mounting a Drew Brees (ans I didn't saw our D let us down like they did last year against the Saints).

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-clutch-nfc-championship-stat-012217

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

I can't watch the games. But looking at the stats, in terms of yardage, our #1 and #3 receivers are running backs. 

Makes me suspect we're being versatile.  

Or that our actual WR's are hot garbage.

And when you watch the games, you come to that conclusion.

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I just turned the game on. I am not sure why. We are going to get skull-****ed.

4 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

CALLING IT NOW JOSH DOCTSON WILL SCORE 2 TD'S 

4 hours ago, ejay183 said:

I will send you $20 thru Paypal if that happens

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sorry but I predict we get blown out.  Don't think it will even be close.

Ah, the fun of hindsight......lol

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I keep hearing how Ty could start in this league...

He did start some last year, I don't get the hate. 

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Or that our actual WR's are hot garbage.

And when you watch the games, you come to that conclusion.

I think it's a combination of things. Remember that Alex Smith had a year where he literally had no passing TDs to a WR. He seems to rely a lot on TEs and RBs unless he has a total stud WR who can consistently get open deep (Hill). We don't have a WR like that...which goes to the second point...our WRs are just not that good. 

Just once on the first offensive play of the second half in a game we’re winning, I would like Gruden to dial up a play action shot.  It would be so counter trend, and would be a nice way to start the half.  

90% of our first down runs result in 3 or less yards anyway, so even if it doesn’t hit, you’re kinda in the same position.

23 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I picked the Packers to kill us, for Randell Cobb and Jimmy Graham to torch. None of these happened.

Therefore, from here on out, I will pick us to get killed, and identify the most dangerous players of the opposing teams and predict they will have stellar games.

:cheers:

And it took you how long to figure this out????

Now I know who should I blame besides Bruce and Dan!

it's all your fault!

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I think Skins fans have a lot to be happy about with this game.  Big plays from the 1st round picks, Alex averaging almost 20 yards per completion in the first half, good overall defense (except the blown coverage).  The Skins were really in control throughout the game.

I wouldn't stress too much about the 2nd half offense, they played conservative, but that kept their win probability over 90% throuout the 4th qtr.

In the moment, it's very frustrating.. but when it works, and the clock strikes 0000 with a lead? All is forgiven. 

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I keep hearing how Ty could start in this league...

Once upon a time.  People like Bruce keep basing their decisions on games he had when was healthy because he's been hurt or bad the last two years.  So dumb, but its done now.  

What's going on with Christian?  Is he even dressing?

Archived