Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Aaron Rodgers Gimpy Knee

TK

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

And unlike last week, this one had almost no impact on the game. Sure, it gave the Redskins 15 and a first, but then they had a hold and false start to give the 15 back, and ended up punting anyway.

Oh well, the more egg on the NFL's face over this asinine rule, the better.

The thing that will make it such a big story is that it was already a big story last week when it cost the Packers a victory, and then a week later the very same player got called for it again.  Had it been anyone else, it wouldn't be as big of a story.  But as you said, it's better this way if it leads to the NFL being forced to backpedal on this BS, because it will ruin football.

Oh, and just as I type that out, the Cowboys got hit with one.  My goodness.

Takeaways from the game:

AP looked like he got tweaked.  It's early but good time for a bye.

Defense, game ball

Win or lose, our coaches suck ass

Alex Smith/Kirk Cousins "discussion", meh, it's a coin flip between the two but by all means keep banging that drum of unproductive angst.

as whiney ****es as this board can produce with all things ref related, I'd hate to have been on the Packers side of calls today, wow

What a great game, it wasn't pretty but watch some other games around the league and you see much of the same, we just beat a banner franchise and I don't care about the excuses about bad knees and what not.  It's not easy to get wins in the NFL and while we dropped one last week we thought we would win, we won one this week we thought we would lose.

Great win. Very happy with that, even if it was ugly at points. 

Dad kinda plays at being a Packers fan but isn't really that bothered on it and doesn't know much about football - His verdict was Peterson minced them and Alex Smith ain't great. 

I was pleased to see some big plays from the new guys too - Payne with the sack, P-Rich with a few nice catches, including the 45 yard TD.

Peterson is just a machine though. He's incredible.

Anyway, great win - didn't expect much out of tonight but the defense played a real nice game and the Offense got a real nice half in before collapsing. I don't care if Rodgers was on one leg, we beat him somehow and that's all the record books will say.

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

I think Skins fans have a lot to be happy about with this game.  Big plays from the 1st round picks, Alex averaging almost 20 yards per completion in the first half, good overall defense (except the blown coverage).  The Skins were really in control throughout the game.

I wouldn't stress too much about the 2nd half offense, they played conservative, but that kept their win probability over 90% throuout the 4th qtr.

Great 1st half offense. Some moments of crap play from the defense but then again it's against Rodgers so sometimes you take that with a grain of salt...they came up with some big plays when they needed it.

However I disagree about it being 90%. When you're up by 11 against Rodgers with anything over 10 minutes left the game is absolutely a 100% toss up and if you decide to go conservative and turtle to try and protect that lead, IMO it drops to about a 25% chance of winning. We got insanely lucky with some horribly timed drops and penalties from the Packers.

Happy about the win, but unhappy that Jay still seems to have one (or more) of a few problems...

1) Insists on going conservative and protecting a lead even against one of the GOAT QBs.

2) Is completely unable to make any adjustments.

3) Wants to make adjustments but is incompetent at it when a defense adjusts to what he's doing.

Probably a combination. It's insanely frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

The thing that will make it such a big story is that it was already a big story last week when it cost the Packers a victory, and then a week later the very same player got called for it again.  Had it been anyone else, it wouldn't be as big of a story.  But as you said, it's better this way if it leads to the NFL being forced to backpedal on this BS, because it will ruin football.

Oh, and just as I type that out, the Cowboys got hit with one.  My goodness.

Frustrating even when the call is in favor of my team it still makes me shake my head.   I’m glad it didn’t really affect the outcome of this game but it is hurting the game in general.   It also cost the packers a win last week.  I don’t know what Mathews was supposed to do.   I can only imagine how upset he has to be.  

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Frustrating even when the call is in favor of my team it still makes me shake my head.   I’m glad it didn’t really affect the outcome of this game but it is hurting the game in general.   It also cost the packers a win last week.  I don’t know what Mathews was supposed to do.   I can only imagine how upset he has to be.  

Yeah, that call was silly. And they said it was because he landed on him??? How do you tackle a guy and not land on him at all? It's not like he picked him up and body slammed him. It was a clean, hard hit. Which is generally part of football.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

What a disappointing win. Our team has a tendency towards complacency and that ain’t good. I think it stems from Snyder, quite frankly. There’s too much history going back years to think otherwise.

I agree with you.  But it's not the players.  It's the coach.

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, that call was silly. And they said it was because he landed on him??? How do you tackle a guy and not land on him at all? It's not like he picked him up and body slammed him. It was a clean, hard hit. Which is generally part of football.

The call was right and the rule is a good one.  A hit just like that broke Aaron Rodgers's collarbone last season.  The NFL game doesn't need hits like that to be watchable.  But you know what the NFL game does need in order to be watchable?  Competent QB play.  That's why they are being protected from injury.

If you leave your feet to hit the QB then you have to roll most of your weight off of him before the landing.  Smart defenders will adjust quickly.  It's a good rule change and I'd be surprised if the NFL abandons it.

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I agree with you.  But it's not the players.  It's the coach.

Its the owner, who’s satisfied with the GM or whatever title Bruce holds now, who loves the coach, who keeps picking a marginal DC. Meanwhile real talent keeps getting out of town

44 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

That would be an irresponsible headline.  The stories to me were Washington coming out of the gate hot, and Packers receivers killing drives with drops on 3rd/4th.  What everyone will talk about, though, is Roughing The Passer.

The Fox crew said the same thing along the lines I did... in another words making excuses for Rodgers...lol

Well last week Rodgers was on fire so they decided to start him but should have given him a game off..

19 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

What a disappointing win. Our team has a tendency towards complacency and that ain’t good. I think it stems from Snyder, quite frankly. There’s too much history going back years to think otherwise.

What?....disappointing win again the packers/ Rodgers?????

Only DC ****ing hate DC Emo fans. Build it in VA...they will come Dan

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

What?....disappointing win again the packers/ Rodgers. 

Only DC 

I know Right, 31-17 win against the Pack and you have curmudgeons in here complaining about style points.  We're not good enough for style points and were inconsistent on offense, it is what it is.

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

The Fox crew said the same thing along the lines I did... in another words making excuses for Rodgers...lol

Well last week Rodgers was on fire so they decided to start him but should have given him a game off..

Rodgers played fine.  It was the drops that killed them.

Wow some of you guys have issues.

we just beat the Packers 31-17 with Rodgers. Most of us including myself rated us next to no chance ? And we got guys on here complaining about the win?

Celebrate! be happy! Today is a good day !

Archived