Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Aaron Rodgers Gimpy Knee

TK

30 minutes ago, Mooka said:

1-2 with the next game @NO? 

What would've been your confidence level there? 

Worse obviously but even at 2-1, with this inconsistent team, I am never going to be satisfied until they string several wins in a row.

• TK unpinned this topic

This was a FANTASTIC performance by the team in almost every sense.

The D was stout throughout, the offense was lights out in the first half and Good enough in the 2nd, albeit a Grudenesque conservative. 

Alex Smith took command, pushed the ball downfield and was pissed as all hell when Reed stopped on that route causing the int. Love the emotion..

AP was shot out of a canon this game. Downhill with tenacity and everything you want from your RB.

Richardson flashed his worth with a beauty to start off the scoring.

Crowder was consistent and made plays when they came to him.

Reed was steady, made some big time clutch catches. Gaffed on the INT.

Doctson was disappointing and underutilized. But did draw two PI’s which count for something..

The Oline won their battles.

Gruden called a great game. Challenged that 4th down which was a game changer. Was uber conservative in the second half. But ultimately was the right call given how the game turned out. 

The D was stellar.

John Allen 2 sacks, Ion 1 sack, D Payne 1 sack. Pressured on more than those. 

Still need more from Kerrigan and Smith. The DB’s have held their own for 3 weeks. Today was nice.

Moreau was clutch in the strip.

Manusky also won his battle today holding AR to 17 points.

Anyone ****ing about anything are just a miserable lot. Sorry, you are a Debbie downer and prob no one likes you in your real life. We beat the pack by 14, deal with it, love it. 

Doesnt mean we are world beaters, just means we are 2-1 and headed to NO in 2 weeks. HTTR!!!

A 2 TD win is nice, but, we benefitted from some huge drops--one of which was a 30-40 yard 3rd down conversion, another was a 4th down conversion.

Our offense completely disappeared in the 2nd half and we could not get them off the field without the drops. Game was a lot closer than the score.

8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Watching the highlights, that strip by Moreau was a thing of perfection. 

This was the only play we made in the 2nd half. Fortunately, we played so well in the 1st, it's all we really needed.

Very happy to see what many believed to be our worst nightmare, an injury to Lauvao, wasn't so bad. Bergstrom and roullier did a good job in the middle. Not bad when you consider we are down to our 3rd LG with AK and SL going down.  How often can a team succeed with third stringers?

It makes me laugh how a win/loss changes perspective so much.  I've heard ppl applaud p richs performance after bashing him last week.  How did p rich turn it around?  1 catch in a game we won.  If he had dropped it and the Packers mounted a come back beyond his control, he would be run out of town.  

Along those lines, our wr unit, similar to week one, did what they had to do to win.  Nothing special, nothing flashy, stats are meh, but they made critical catches when they had to.  I vote for doctson as decoy of the year. Does anybody play that role better than him?  (Just a joke, he sucks). And I echo sentiments already shared by others for months, if CT or jr go down, we are in big, big trouble.

How was ad sitting on his couch a month ago?  At 33, he is the best rb the skins have had in a long, long time. I'd say 10 years (am product of the system).   

After Indy's performance at Philly yesterday, it makes me feel a little better about last week, but only very little.  That was a very winnable game. 

Inability to generate any offense in second half concerns me. You can't tell me in the third quarter they were just killing clock.  No passing yards when the game was far from over is very concerning.  

Don think rk deserves all the flak.  He gets held all the time, generates pressure, and no doubt the other team has to account for him.  He will make his mark on this season eventually.  

Norman frustrates me, even tho I do think he is playing well, he is often close but no cigar.  Missed tackle in end zone vs Indy. Howany times this year has he given up a completion where he is right there but a step behind.  Again, I think he plays his assignments well and is shutting his guy / area down more than people realize, but man make a play!!!!

All in all, very happy to get a win vs a very good team.  Now rest up and prepare for mnf vs New Orleans.

28 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Also, Matt ion may be our best d lineman, maybe our best defensive player, and dare I say one of the better defensive players in the league?  Absolute beast.  What a steal, credit goes to the front office for that pick no matter what axe you may have to grind.  

McCloughan whiffed big time in that draft by taking Doctson/Cravens 1 & 2.  But getting Ioannidis in the 5th is a heist!  Beast.

Randoms:

AP running looks like a man among boys, compared to the RB carousel we have had here in the past decade.

After hearing Allen only had 1 sack during the week, I was going to post in the prediction thread that Allen would get 2 yesterday.  Too late to take credit?

I wasn't a fan of moving Chase to guard, but it worked out great.  Bergie held his own. 

We seemed to catch quite a few breaks, between drops and penalties. Two hand touch on QBs seems all but inevitable.

Archived