Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenny Mayne: Dear Fellow White People: Or should I have said ‘Caucasian’?

Bozo the kKklown

This thread is a car wreck. Its definitely click bait though. I can’t help but slow down and rubber neck every time I see it bumped. BenningRoadSkin is absolutely the other extreme of Veryoldschool. I’m all for equality, so I don’t understand how something so blatantly racist has been given legs??? I have lurked in every political thread where he and a few others get away with attacking posters and labeling them the minute somebody counters their ideology. 

49 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

:ols:

Too scared to include the rest of the sentence where I said "(which racism falls under)" because it wouldn't fit your narrative?  Rather not include the context?

Very Fox-Newsy (not surprised tho)

Yeah bro, you are Trumpian. You can be mad all you want but you just said racism isn’t this nation’s problem. Don’t need to read the rest. (See what I did there!)

5 minutes ago, EasternNCbywayofNOVA said:

BenningRoadSkin is absolutely the other extreme of Veryoldschool.

That’s sweet. I’m advocacting for discrimination, against racial mixing, and am intolerant of other races. That’s what my posts in this thread and that article said.

the other extreme. 

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He was asking white people to do something?  To stand up against inequality and to speak out and stop being inactive by calling them evil?  That's awesome.  Man, I love it when my friends insult me up and down and ask me to do favors for them.  Works like a charm.  

Yeah, this is what moderates have done for years in this country. “Hey, don’t be mean about this race stuff. Be gentle.”

We over that. You want to prove that wrong, actually push to end inequality, acknowledge white supremacy, white privilege, push your representatives to apologize for slavery, and many other things you have zero interest in actually doing but enjoy saying, “hey man, be kind in this race stuff.”

37 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It is when you draw a big circle around 200,000,000 people of the same skin color and say, “Here’s some bad things that white people have done. I’m going to assign it to all of you.”

That’s EXACTLY what racism is. 

“Black prople are evil. Its not racist to point out how much crime black people have committed. We have seen it lol.”

Yeah... it actually is. It’s as racist as it gets. Again, you would be through the ****ing roof if someone said the same stuff that you say but for some reason, you’re free to rattle off endless racist nonsense til your ass turns blue and then anytime someone calls you out, “Im allowed to say whatever I want about white people. Calling minorities racist when we say racist things is another terrible thing that white people do.”

Your bull**** hypocrisy is absolutely comical.

Yeah bro, I think it’s pretty much proving the articles point. You don’t address the real issues, what was said in the article about what whites need to do end inequality, actually call out friends and family who espouse racist rhetoric, etc. Nope, focus on one line and make your ire about that because that bothered you more than white inaction. Cool!

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Yeah bro, I think it’s pretty much proving the articles point. You don’t address the real issues, what was said in the article about what whites need to do end inequality, actually call out friends and family who espouse racist rhetoric, etc. Nope, focus on one line and make your ire about that because that bothered you more than white inaction. Cool!

Why don’t you check out my posting history and see how often I call out racism on this forum. It’s quite a lot actually. See, I can be bothered by both. I can actively take a stand against racism when it’s a white guy AND when it’s coming from a black guy. I’m actually, right this very moment, doing exactly what you’re accusing me of not doing. I’m calling out a racist.

white inaction.....

honestly I don't give a **** about you...just as you don't give a **** about me....just as both of us don't give a **** about whomever posts above or below us.

such is life

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Yeah bro, you are Trumpian. You can be mad all you want but you just said racism isn’t this nation’s problem. Don’t need to read the rest. (See what I did there!)

Prove my point?  Yea I noticed that.

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I’m advocacting for discrimination, against racial mixing, and am intolerant of other races

Well at least you finally admit it.  It's almost like you stole that line from Veryoldschool.  It's okay though, we've all known for a while now.

See how selective quoting without context can make it seem like someone is saying something they aren't?  

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Black People are Cowards

"I don’t want black people at my events anymore, because black people are cowards."

More at link

Too much money involved in that situation, i’m sure they didn’t like the racism going around, but very few people let that get in the way of making money... Kapernack a rare exception.

Many people are cowards regardless of color, because they aren't prepared to be heroes. To risk yourself, to stand up for what's right. Especially when it could mean your life, your job, or a large pay-day.

Our instincts will push for comfort and self-preservation, so unless you're deeply devoted to a principle or cause already, the motivation isn't going to be there.

Always easy to sort out the mental lightweights when you hear statements such as `white people have done xxxx throughout history`.

Ironic that in the information age, knowledge is in short supply.  Especially when its inconvenient to the narrative.  There are wonderful books on cultural anthropology written by pulitzer winning authors that can help to erase the ignorance, if youre so inclined.  

On another note, the AA community needs more leaders like Malcolm X.  It would be ultra refreshing to hear `**** you white people we will do it ourselves`, followed by a movement towards education and empowerment.   The Jews came over to work in the garment district in the early 20th century and within one generation they owned their own law firms and most of hollywood despite rampant anti semitism and bigotry.  Radicalism is healthy imo.  Radical whining, however is never impressive :ols:

Meanwhile, the chinese and the indians  and other asians have come to America and straight up dominated in the face of racism.  Pretty sure the asians are suing harvard now because harvard is trying to prevent asians from taking over the campus.  Now thats what i call '**** you white people we will do it ourselves'.  Hardcore work ethic and commitment to education.  Your generation will be working for the asian americans among us.  

But, that fact should give us all hope.  We live in a free society filled with opportunities for everyone.  Its always better to funnel anger inward and use it for empowerment.  THAT is the ultimate revenge.  

The article point is one we should all be able to agree on, if you see racism - call it out. I sometimes think I should say something to a guy with a confederate flag sticker or tattoo, but I dont. Im a coward in that way. Ive said stuff before. Start yelling. End result seems I end up in trouble with my lady. Maybe at 39 Im going old and softy. Maybe smarter.  

Articles main point was that especially if you are a white person in an all white person discussion and someone says something racist, let the racist know there is no safe space for their words and thoughts to go unchallenged .. bc in that situation, silence = acceptance. 

The book end "white people are evil" is dumb and click bait ... I imagine the writer would agree but wanted the shock talk to at least compel discussion. Ends justify the means, maybe.  

As a white guy. the "white silence = violence" thing is annoying. Doesnt really bother me though, I got a nice cushion of white privilege bubble going on. I can click the X box and not have to think or deal with these inconveniences, for the most part. 

Melania's jacket comes to mind. Do I really care? I think I do. At least about some things. Is my line in the sand at the right place? 

I know I hate trash littering people. I think poor people litter more. Im trying to not equate all poor people = litters. 

13 hours ago, zoony said:

Always easy to sort out the mental lightweights when you hear statements such as `white people have done xxxx throughout history`.

Offtopic but dude, that's 90% of your posts. Only, replace white people with democrats or liberals. In fact, "liberals have done xxxx throughout history" would even be a step up from your "liberals are whiney *******" schtick. I agree with you on the mental lightweight part though.

I work with a guy who has a confederate flag tattooed on his arm.  I let him know I think it’s racist and that I hate the confederate flag with regularity.  Now he’s never acted racist around me, and I think he’s a real nice guy, but I still let him know how I feel.

42 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Offtopic but dude, that's 90% of your posts. Only, replace white people with democrats or liberals. In fact, "liberals have done xxxx throughout history" would even be a step up from your "liberals are whiney *******" schtick. I agree with you on the mental lightweight part though.

Well libruls are stoopid.  Not my fault

51 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I work with a guy who has a confederate flag tattooed on his arm.  I let him know I think it’s racist and that I hate the confederate flag with regularity.  Now he’s never acted racist around me, and I think he’s a real nice guy, but I still let him know how I feel.

What'd he say when you told him that?

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What'd he say when you told him that?

He respected my opinion but said he didn’t get it because he was racist or wanted to push anything racist.  He’s a self proclaimed southern boy.  

My own takeaway is that he’s more ignorant than anything else, and I doubt anything I say is going o change his opinion.  I doubt anything that anyone says will change Benning’s opinion either, and that’s fine, he’s entitled to it.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I loved watching the Dukes of Hazzard (sp?).  In your business green is the only color that matters. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

He respected my opinion but said he didn’t get it because he was racist or wanted to push anything racist.  He’s a self proclaimed southern boy.  

Same thing that Huly says. She is not even close to racist. 

I am sure there was a thread about that years ago. I agree that in todays world having a swastika or confererate flag...the expectation is racist. 

35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

My own takeaway is that he’s more ignorant than anything else, and I doubt anything I say is going o change his opinion.  I doubt anything that anyone says will change Benning’s opinion either, and that’s fine, he’s entitled to it.

I’m in the same boat. I totally respect people’s right to be ignorant ??

27 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I agree that in todays world having a swastika or confererate flag...the expectation is racist. 

Is that really any different than Redskin fans being grandfathered in to being able to use the term Redskins harmlessly though? Not the swastika of course, but the stars and bars...

Context and intent are both extremely important. If someone 15 years ago got a confederate flag tattoo with the intention of showing pride in their Southern heritage, what are they really supposed to do now that it's more recently taken on a more mainstream, racist connotation? It's like how we love the Redskins and don't mean anything racist about it, but we live in a time when it could be taken out of context. 

Archived