Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenny Mayne: Dear Fellow White People: Or should I have said ‘Caucasian’?

Bozo the kKklown

4 hours ago, Gibbit said:

if they are in the same school system, sitting in the desk right beside their white counterpart..... Why do you think there is nonsense?  

Do you have any idea how segregated our school systems are? The fact that you think most black students are "sitting in the desk right beside their white counterpart" shows how little you know of this topic. 

4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Do you have any idea how segregated our school systems are? The fact that you think most black students are "sitting in the desk right beside their white counterpart" shows how little you know of this topic. 

Why would it matter if they're sitting next to a white guy?  I fail to see the significance.  Race doesn't determine behavior. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Why would it matter if they're sitting next to a white guy?  I fail to see the significance.  Race doesn't determine behavior. 

His point was funding, and better teachers do not equal a better education for black students....just the parents. In his post, he insinuates that black students are "sitting in the desk right beside their white counterpart". That is a complete falsehood. Our schools are just as segregated as they were before the law forced integration. My post wasn't saying race determined behavior. 

15 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm curious what you think our schools look like.

14 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, it’s mostly black people doing it though. Black talking heads on tv talking about how unfair the system is...  Donald Trump hasn’t demonized black people... he had his one African American and said the Nazis were fine folk, but he didn’t call black people rapists and murderers. Mostly he talks about how low black unemployment is....

On the other hand, a fruit like Al Sharpton has perpetually spread the stereotype of a poor black man in prison... 

Funniest post in this thread.

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm curious what you think our schools look like.

Extremely segregated, like I said in the post your replied to. 

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

They definitely are not.

I welcome you to prove me wrong. In fact, I'd really like to believe the k-12 segregation has improved, so please, provide evidence to the contrary. 

35 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I welcome you to prove me wrong. In fact, I'd really like to believe the k-12 segregation has improved, so please, provide evidence to the contrary. 

Prefacing my response by acknowledging that there is a problem with the demographic makeup of our schools and that the problem is indeed getting worse.

1. Saying that it is just as bad as before Brown v. Board of Education trivializes just how bad legal, mandated segregation really was.

2. It's just not true. Currently, only 23% of black students in the south attend schools that are more than 50% white. That's not good, but before Brown, it was 0%

3. I'm not even sure segregation is the right word because by definition, that implies enforcement. What's mostly happening nowadays is demographically separated neighborhoods and communities which leads to demographically separated schools.

Just to reiterate, I get that there is a problem. I just think you were being overly hyperbolic. I was a school teacher for 12 years. every day we had white kids sitting next to black kids sitting next to hispanic kids and Asian kids and disabled kids and every other kind of kid under the sun.

9 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I was referring to my friend's classroom and how these kids in her tech classes come from well to do schools in the burbs.

19 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

You don’t live in a world where reality means anything. It’s like a hate-filled version of Candyland. I really do feel bad for you.

I don’t think you live in reality either... so we got that in common. It must be tough to live in a version of reality where you have no control over what happens to you. Like some overlord - a god - working to undermine you at every step. Gotta be tough. 

Neighborhoods built during segregation are for most part still segregated, that's what HUD told Obama.  Neighborhoods created after segregation aren't as segregated, because it used to be built iinto the urban planning, not anymore.

People are typically more comfortable around people like them, shocker.  But having a concentration of one race all at or around the poverty level was never meant to be in their best intrests. 

There are still people alive that remember when they were doing this hardcore, so ya, ramifications are still easy to spot if you look at it objectivly.

Remaining segregation is partially tribalism.  Many people do want to live around those they identify as their kind.  Not everyone identifies themselves racially in this way, but it’s many clear to me that many do.  You can see it in discussions of white flight or gentrification.  There isn’t much policy can do about that.  Well, maybe we could abolish property taxes so that poor people aren’t forced out of their own homes when rich people decide to take over the neighborhood.  I’m in the radical minority on that issue though.  

Self segregation doesn’t explain it all however.  While many do want to live comfortably in segregated neighborhoods, many do not.  I suspect most parents, for example, prioritize safety and schools much more highly than race when looking for a home in which to raise their babies.  Housing discrimination remains a major obstacle for people many minorities in the US.  It’s a lot harder to get out when people don’t want to rent to you, lenders treat you unfairly, and real estate agents don’t show you certain properties.  

Housing also has tremendous class barriers as well.  The unconscionable cost of housing in and around urban areas makes it all but impossible for poor people to exit poorer areas and move into less segregated safer middle class neighborhoods.  Unlike housing discrimination, this issue impacts poor rural whites as well.  

So I say this jokingly with a hint of seriousness. I guess you could say it's sarcasm, but a pipe dream. I realize it's unrealistic and violates our rights.

Education research shows poverty and standardized test results are correlated. On the surface, it's a simple explanation however deeper research shows reasons for the poverty and links to higher achieving students. The best indicator of educational success (poverty stricken, middle class, upper class, and in between) is the highest level of education of the mother.

My solution (as indicated in the first statement), as soon as a woman's first period occurs (is this medically healthy?), tubes get tied. Reverse the operation (medical coverage would cover both procedures) when certain criteria are met. Sample criteria could be but not limited to: education level (minimum high school diploma), IQ test, certain amount of money in savings, steady job to come back to provided wanting to work after maternity leave, ownership of a house, steady relationship (negotiable), etc.

For males, if the reversal procedure for a vasectomy was more dependable, they'd be in the same boat. 

I see it as being proactive.

31 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

So I say this jokingly with a hint of seriousness. I guess you could say it's sarcasm, but a pipe dream. I realize it's unrealistic and violates our rights.

Education research shows poverty and standardized test results are correlated. On the surface, it's a simple explanation however deeper research shows reasons for the poverty and links to higher achieving students. The best indicator of educational success (poverty stricken, middle class, upper class, and in between) is the highest level of education of the mother.

My solution (as indicated in the first statement), as soon as a woman's first period occurs (is this medically healthy?), tubes get tied. Reverse the operation (medical coverage would cover both procedures) when certain criteria are met. Sample criteria could be but not limited to: education level (minimum high school diploma), IQ test, certain amount of money in savings, steady job to come back to provided wanting to work after maternity leave, ownership of a house, steady relationship (negotiable), etc.

For males, if the reversal procedure for a vasectomy was more dependable, they'd be in the same boat. 

I see it as being proactive.

I see it as giving a very dangerous weapon/power to the State  It would be particulary dangerous to minorities.

Archived