Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

28 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Prince is the greatest of all time. 

I already stated my point about Aretha. 

Do you want bands better than the Beatles ? Can we start with The Funk Brothers ? 

Prince made a lot of great music but he also produced a lot of ****.  

R-1534136-1279999640.jpeg.jpg

I'm sure this is an awesome album.  Maybe you can send me the MP3s since it doesn't appear to be in circulation anymore.

12 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

@Spaceman Spiff , Really ?  

Name one better if that is where we are going with this ? 

take a step back and look at the entire career...

Name one better...what?  Album?  

I mean, he released an album every year for over 30 years.  I don't consider that great.  There's a lot of great albums but there's also a lot of filler.  

http://diffuser.fm/prince-sgt-pepper/

http://diffuser.fm/prince-come-together/

Neopolitan ice cream flavors ranking: 1.Strawberry, 2.Vanilla, 3.Chocolate. Chocolate based ice creams are almost always the least desirable option to me.

Pork chops > Lamb Chops

Almost any white fish > Salmon. Also, who decided that dill and capers on salmon is good? Blech.

Plain old steamed Blue Crabs with some old bay and melted butter > any other crab concoction, and any other kind of crab (Alaskan King, for example). Give me some ice cold beer with that please. Nothing better. Lobster is way overrated. Might be better right off the dock in Maine, but I've never had that. ETA: Soft shell crabs suck.

Fried chicken livers are best thing you can fry from a chicken.

I love The Beatles and Prince, but for unpopular opinion (maybe, I think), Ringo was a great drummer.

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 1

Except John said (great quip) that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Regarding Aretha v. all the singers who came after her, my own personal take is that greater range is only one of a host of considerations that goes into assessing a great singer. To me, Mariah and Whitney are clearly great, but they also sometimes coast on technical ability for its own sake, rather than finding their way into the material emotively and expressively. Like, Ella Fitzgerald had a better instrument than Billie Holiday but Billie was the better musician (as opposed to the better singer).

Anyways, here's mine for now: the Kinks are better than the Who.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 2:46 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

Chinese food in America sucks.

True for the most part.  But if you go to a chinese restaurant with Chinese people you can order stuff that's not on the menu that is real Chinese food.

2 minutes ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

Log Cabin or Aunt Jemima Original Syrup > ANY maple syrup ever made

Those are pancake syrups.  I like a generic maple syrup is better than pretty much any pancake syrup.  Pancake syrups are just high fructose corn syrup with artificial maple flavor added.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 1:30 PM, Corcaigh said:

It's OK not to have an opinion on something.

And if you have an opinion it isn't necessary to share it with the world.  Most of us don't care.  Social media sucks.  I don't care what you had for dinner, nor do I want to see pictures of it.  I don't care what you have to say in 280 characters or less.  Twitter is for people with the attention span of fleas. If I don't communicate with you in person on a regular basis, I don't want to be "Facebook friends".  There is a reason I'm not in contact with most of the people I went to high school with, and why I'm not on Facebook.

Edited by China
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

I'm guessing you lost a sig-bet?

2 minutes ago, China said:

Sriracha is the most overrated condiment on the planet.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. I like Sriracha, in fact I use some in nearly every Asian dish that I make, and it is a good alternative to tobasco or Louisiana hot sauce, but Hippsters and Millenials with their "sriracha is life" nonsense is embarrassing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, China said:

True for the most part.  But if you go to a chinese restaurant with Chinese people you can order stuff that's not on the menu that is real Chinese food.

Or if you go to a restaurant with a lot of Jewish patrons, you know there will be good Chinese food, and the prices will be reasonable.

23 hours ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

WHAAAAAT? I am currently using a bourbon barrel aged maple syrup. It curbstomps Mrs. Butterworth/Aunt Jemima/Log Cabin...

This is the best hot sauce, and it ain't close:

The Pepper Plant Original California Style Hot Sauce 1/2-gallon Jug

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

No, squat asses are not sexy. All I wanna do every time I see one is one of those Rocky Training montages... Doing crunches and jabbing/shadowboxing it.

Shorties crowding every gym in America and across the world working that ass like they're training it to join Delta Force.

R1-1_MOD__34542.1522940971.JPG?c=2&imbyp

Theres nothing wrong with a small butt. Really. I mean im predisposed to a certain body type but Sexy can have many different body types, shades, dress styles, etc.  Smaller and perky is infinitely better than comic book super vixen anyway.  Nothing wrong with being different.

Gotta learn to work within your own framework, and accentuate some other natural feature of your body, because I'm being straight up... They probably want an ass  like J-Lo, but in reality its an ass on some Hans Frankenheimer (in a singlet, in 1981, after a power clean) lookin **** ?. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Most cats...just look like a freaking cat. Nothing special...just a cat. 

As a kid with mine I always felt like if I looked closer, intently, itd be like that scene out of Constanstine where the dripping water in the background stops, and a gateway is formed between Hell and Earth.

Dogs are nowhere near that awesome. Everyone I see one it always seems to be thinking the most mundane of thoughts:

1.) Frisbee

2.) Mailman

3.) Beggin' Strips

Edited by Mr. Sinister