Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

Some random opinions:

Any dog small enough to be punted should be.  All cats are small enough to be punted, and should be. 

All sodas are bad (not for health - I don't care about that - they just taste like sugar + lab solvent).

Cheap wine >> expensive wine.  Expensive beer >> cheap beer.

Bavette is the best steak on the cow.

Rugs are stupid.

Lawn/grass is stupid.  Flowers/trees are prettier and attract birds/wildlife, which are more interesting than boring green monotone grass.  And mowing is the worst.

Airlines should seat all window seats first, then all middle seats, then all aisles.  That's just logic.

The most irritating band of all time is the Moody Blues.

Cheeseburgers should have lettuce, mayo, pickles, and nothing else.  

Bacon should be baked or grilled.  Never in a frying pan on the stove.  

Adirondack chairs are the best chairs.

Riding a bike is never fun.  I'd rather walk.

Video games peaked around 2005.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Some random opinions:

Lawn/grass is stupid.  Flowers/trees are prettier and attract birds/wildlife, which are more interesting than boring green monotone grass.  And mowing is the worst.

• Imagine the conversation The Creator might have had with St. Francis on the subject of lawns:
  •  
  • God: Hey St. Francis, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there in the Midwest? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and stuff I started eons ago? I had a perfect "no maintenance" garden plan. Those plants grow in any type of soil, withstand drought and multiply with abandon. The nectar from the long lasting blossoms attracts butterflies, honey bees and flocks of songbirds. I expected to see a vast garden of colors by now. But all I see are these green rectangles.

•  

St. Francis: It's the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They started calling your flowers "weeds" and went to great lengths to kill them and replace them with grass.
  •  

God: Grass? But it's so boring. It's not colorful. It doesn't attract butterflies, birds and bees, only grubs and sod worms. It's temperamental with temperatures. Do these Suburbanites really want all that grass growing there?
  •  

St. Francis: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep it green. The begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any other plant that crops up in the lawn.
  •  

God: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast. That must make the Suburbanites happy.
  •  

St. Francis: Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut it... sometimes twice a week.
  •  

God: They cut it? Do they then bail it like hay?
  •  

St. Francis: Not exactly, Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.
  •  

God: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?
  •  

St. Francis: No Sir. Just the opposite. They pay to throw it away.
  •  

God: Now let me get this straight. They fertilize grass so when it does grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?
  •  

St. Francis: Yes, Sir.
  •  

God: These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on the rain and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a lot of work.
  •  

St. Francis: You are not going to believe this Lord. When the grass stops growing so fast, they drag out hoses and pay more money to water it so they can continue to mow it and pay to get rid of it.
  •  

God: What nonsense. At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring to provide beauty and shade in the summer. In the autumn they fall to the ground and form a natural blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect the trees and bushes. Plus, as they rot, the leaves form compost to enhance the soil. It's a natural circle of life.
  •  

St. Francis: You better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new circle. As soon as the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay to have them hauled away.
  •  

God: No. What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter and to keep the soil moist and loose?
  •  

St. Francis: After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something which they call mulch. The haul it home and spread it around in place of the leaves.
  •  

God: And where do they get this mulch?
  •  

St. Francis: They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.
  •  

God: Enough. I don't want to think about this anymore. Sister Catherine, you're in charge of the arts. What movie have you scheduled for us tonight?
  •  

Sister Catherine: "Dumb and Dumber", Lord. It's a real stupid movie about.....
  •  

God: Never mind, I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Cats have zero personality whatsoever. Dogs own cats all day long. 

Cats are so much smarter. A dog will bring you something it can't figure out, like a toy with a treat inside...A cat will work to get the treat on it's own.

I watch way too many nature shows. 

• Thanks 1

Dogs are your friends, they WANT to hang out with you, they are instinctively pack animals, you are their pack. You’re family and will treat you accordingly. Dogs are like friends from small town middle America.

Cats are hippsters from Grenwich Village. You’re nothing more than a glorified roommate or the occupant of apartment 3C. They’ll pass you by on the street like you’re a parking meter, and show you the appropriate attention. If your service to them is not on point all the time then they’ll be sure to notify their community on Yelp and their instagram story.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Saving Private Ryan is a vastly overrated movie, despite an exceptional segment of the Normandy landing. All the characters and plots are cookie cutter, lifted from old B movies, and as such everything is painfully predictable.

Dude, take it back....   :chair:

Continuing with Riggo's movie theme, I believe Lady in the Water is the most underrated and misunderstood movie of the 21st century.  It tears my heart out the way people **** on this film but don't appreciate the underlying themes and what the story is really about.  I'll go to my grave knowing that LitW was the greatest performance of Paul Giamatti's career.  

This dude drops the truth bombs about Lady In The Water that everyone should know:   http://you-deserve-this.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-meaning-behind-lady-in-water.html

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Dogs are your friends, they WANT to hang out with you, they are instinctively pack animals, you are their pack. You’re family and will treat you accordingly. Dogs are like friends from small town middle America.

Cats are hippsters from Grenwich Village. You’re nothing more than a glorified roommate or the occupant of apartment 3C. They’ll pass you by on the street like you’re a parking meter, and show you the appropriate attention. If ypur service to them is not on point all the time then they’ll be sure to notify their community on Yelp and their instagram story.

I've owned 4 dogs over my lifetime -- a Dalmatian, a mixed Terrier, a Golden Retriever, and a Pug. Each one of them have a had TOTALLY distinct and unique personality. 

Cats I've had have been interchangeable. Beautiful to look at, nice to cuddle with, but no personality to speak of.

I can understand the appeal of cats. They are low maintenance pets that are easy to take care. But owning cats is like owning a new set of furniture. When you own a dog, you're about to embark on a relationship, not unlike one with another human being. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a few.

99% of hip-hop made after 2002 is terrible.

Stop putting cranberries in everything, especially my Thanksgiving stuffing.

My generation had fat boy shoelaces and parachute pants but nothing is worse than skinny jeans, you all look silly.

Megadeth will never be better than Metallica.

Reality tv shows are terrible.

I don't get how grown men like wrestling, sorry.

Coffee should never be cold.

Not a fan of ice cream.

Lebron is the worst of the best.

Watching baseball is like watching grass grow except I get excited when my grass grows.

Why are people still using checks, you're killing me, I have **** to do please get a debit card.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chew said:

Dude, take it back....   :chair:

Continuing with Riggo's movie theme, I believe Lady in the Water is the most underrated and misunderstood movie of the 21st century.  It tears my heart out the way people **** on this film but don't appreciate the underlying themes and what the story is really about.  I'll go to my grave knowing that LitW was the greatest performance of Paul Giamatti's career.  

This dude drops the truth bombs about Lady In The Water that everyone should know:   http://you-deserve-this.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-meaning-behind-lady-in-water.html

I may have to check out this movie after reading that, thanks for posting it Chew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like the National Lampoon movies, especially Animal House (or Caddyshack, though it's not necessarily a National Lampoon movie). 

Ditto with the Naked Gun franchise. 

I just don't find the mindless and/or largely derivative slapschtick of these films to be all that funny or deserving of being exalted and placed upon the mantle of American cultural masterpieces the way others so droolingly do.

Oh, and I don't like Queen or AC/DC.  I'm not just talking the overplayed "Bohemian Rhapsody" or "Back in Black" bull s***...I sincerely think the majority of their catalogues are brainless tripe.

Now if you'll excuse me. (~ducks and covers on the way quickly out the door~)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chew said:

... I believe Lady in the Water is the most underrated and misunderstood movie of the 21st century.  

I feel the same way about another M.NS film, Signs. 

People loved to **** on that movie, especially the ending.  As a film that came out less than a year after 9/11, it tapped so well into that mixture of paranoia, dread, and fear we all were feeling. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I feel the same way about another M.NS film, Signs. 

People loved to **** on that movie, especially the ending.  As a film that came out less than a year after 9/11, it tapped so well into that mixture of paranoia, dread, and fear we all were feeling. 

The aliens weakness was water and they invaded a planet that's like 75% water? C'mon man.

Movies...Oceans 11 shouldn't have worked with the star power it had in it's cast. It was the best movie of the early 2000s for me. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 8/20/2018 at 6:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

You have to prove yourself a loyal and trustworthy subject before the next phase (eye contact) can begin

It's a long, but fruitful and worthwhile process

Image result for with that attitude no one will love you

20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The aliens weakness was water and they invaded a planet that's like 75% water? C'mon man.

Don't remind me

Image result for bruh

• Haha 1