Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

Many American horror movies nowadays are overrated, if they aren't flat out ass cheese.

"Please, Marco, come with me to see "Predictably Beaten to death Exorcism of/Demonic Child That Needs An Ass Whooping/ Grainy Roll of Film of Vigorous Paranormal Handjob" 

"I promise you you'll love it. It'll be scary!.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The ****ing mixed meat thing is still winning. 

Agreed.  Some troll gonna have to come in here and talk about how they like the taste of dog **** to beat that one. 

6 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Gift wrap and cards with gifts are a waste of time, money, and paper. 

I've taken a picture of the outside/inside of a card and texted it to somebody instead of mailing it.  Not sure if this is cheap or genius.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Many American horror movies nowadays are overrated, if they aren't flat out ass cheese.

"Please, Marco, come with me to see "Predictably Beaten to death Exorcism of/Demonic Child That Needs An Ass Whooping/ Grainy Roll of Film of Vigorous Paranormal Handjob" 

"I promise you you'll love it. It'll be scary!.

Polo.

But nah, seriously, horror sucks now.  It's either predictable or disgusting now, NOT scary.  We're past the point of being able to shock us via CGI, that's not good enough anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I can't even... so true... too true.

Sex sells, man, Sex wins, Sex won.  Lauren didn't help herself by making a complete ass out of herself and stepping away from any sort leadership role in the genre.  One of the first artists I had to separate the person from the music to enjoy, I couldn't believe how far she'd fallen until I read about it.

Yeah man.  It's really sad.  I suppose she has been dealing with some really tough mental health issues.  But her art was transcendent in the 90's.  I've been listening to The Score the last two weeks and I've been hearing all of this new depth in it.  This is weird but, I don't think I truly understood or appreciated Wyclef's patois until I watched Luke Cage and got steeped in the symbolic beauty of Jamaican creole.

I also miss the time when Hip Hop used real analog instrumentalists in the production.  Hearing Wyclef play bass and guitar adds so much to their songs.

I miss the kind of high concept rap they did.  Impressive poetics.  Complex imagery.  Yeah they borrowed and covered everything but it's actually fascinating to me to see black artists appropriating and transforming music from white artists like they did.  There was something pure in their eclecticism.  And I like that their college polish was cool.  But they didn't smack you over the head with it like Kanye.

I think we were on the precipice of something great in the late 90's and early 2000's with artists like them and Mos Def and the Roots but it just kind of petered out.  I think 9/11 had something to do with it but I don't know.  It didn't seem to kill the renaissance in great Indie Rock that happened just before, during, and shortly after.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Like 2

Guys should pee sitting down when the options for both standing and sitting are present. Any idea how much less cleaning is involved? On a secondary point , they should throw ia peace of tp in the bowl before peeing if standing. It reduces the splash a lot.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gbear said:

Guys should pee sitting down when the options for both standing and sitting are present. Any idea how much less cleaning is involved? On a secondary point , they should throw ia peace of tp in the bowl before peeing if standing. It reduces the splash a lot.

Aim small miss small

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

but it's actually fascinating to me to see black artists appropriating and transforming music from white artists like they did.  

Not to put a racial charge in this awesome thread but white artists have been appropriating things from other cultures for centuries and get nothing but praise for it.

IPAs are for stupid americans who dont know what good beer tastes like, and for startup breweries that dont know wtf they are doing.  Have absolutely no brewing skills whatsoever?  Just make an ipa.  You can **** up the entire batch but sho would know?  The entire ****ing thing is going to taste like hops regardless.  Ever notice that every single microbrewery and startup leads with an IPA?  Not a coincidence.

Also, Adele`s music blows.  Further, her ****ing name shoule be pronounced Ad-uh-lay.  If she wants to be ah-dell, spell your dumbass name adelle.

27 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Not to put a racial charge in this awesome thread but white artists have been appropriating things from other cultures for centuries and get nothing but praise for it.

All great artists and great cultures appropriate.  The cultural appropriation debate is proof that liberals are goddamned dip****s.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:
14 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Ok, this may be unpopular, some of y'all are so fulla **** you must squeak

I bet right now @LD0506 is drinking a super hoppy IPA listening to Nickleback and eating General Tso's chicken.

I just threw up in my mouth a little......

• Haha 1

Bicycles should be banned from streets except for when in a bike lane.  They should be required by law to follow pedestrian rules when not in a bike lane and follow car rules when in a bike lane.

This whole "we take the most personally convenient rules from either based on whichever allows us to just utterly **** up traffic the most" thing is unacceptable.

Also Chick-Fil-A sucks and it has nothing to do with their religious stuff.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Bicycles should be banned from streets except for when in a bike lane.  They should be required by law to follow pedestrian rules when not in a bike lane and follow car rules when in a bike lane.

This whole "we take the most personally convenient rules from either based on whichever allows us to just utterly **** up traffic the most" thing is unacceptable.

Bro, you have no idea. Out here in the rolling hills of the western burbs, we get weekend warriors in their peloton wearing all spandex going 25 on winding 2 lane roads with a speed limit of 55. You crest a hill and have to STAND on the brakes to avoid mowing through 25 dudes. And they have the gall to start smacking your hood and screaming at you. I had to put my truck in a field to avoid killing a handful a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Polo.

But nah, seriously, horror sucks now.  It's either predictable or disgusting now, NOT scary.  We're past the point of being able to shock us via CGI, that's not good enough anymore.

"Oh, you totally won't see this one coming, I promise!!!"

[Calls every jump scare/trip over blade of grass/shocking death], because it hasn't happened 35 million times. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Bro, you have no idea. Out here in the rolling hills of the western burbs, we get weekend warriors in their peloton wearing all spandex going 25 on winding 2 lane roads with a speed limit of 55. You crest a hill and have to STAND on the brakes to avoid mowing through 25 dudes. And they have the gall to start smacking your hood and screaming at you. I had to put my truck in a field to avoid killing a handful a few weeks ago. 

Feels like we could solve this by posting speed minimums and banning bikes from roads where they can't do the minimum.

That way at least you won't have any liability if you hit a cyclist on a road like that.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:53 AM, Aristarchus said:

I think "hidden variables" might still be the case. I struggle with the Copenhagen interpretation.

I didn't get into science to listen to no interpretations. Give me a falsifiable experiment or GTFO.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Or you could... You know... Kill them. All that wilderness. Who would know? :)

Digging mass graves is a lot harder than you think.  Took me a whole day to do my last one.  Who has the time for that any more?  And if it's cold and the ground is frozen you can forget about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And if it's cold and the ground is frozen you can forget about it.

A disappointing lack of commitment.

Leave the bodies out over night to freeze thoroughly and in the morning cut off the feet, leaving a sharp point. Then you can hammer them into the ground, like a stake.

• Haha 5