Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

This season is all but over though. Expecting this team to do much with 2 all star offensive lineman plus another starter out and another questionable to even play is asking for a miracle. They were averaging what, 16 points per game with them in? 

Oh and our number 1 receiver is out, plus our starting slot (hopefully back this week) and third down back all out. Dont expect a sudden burst in production. I'm packing away my Hope's for this year. This is usually about the time of year this happens anyway. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, I keep hearing it's the facilities.

Seems like you shouldn't need state of the art facilities for reasonable injury prevention. Seems to me, it's something you can do without fancy equipment.

I mean what did players do decades ago, without this equipment and facilities, and they didn't seem to have more injuries ?

I can perceive how state of the art facilities can improve injury rehab, but not seeing how it improves injury prevention.

Not saying it can't happen, just asking someone with more knowledge on the subject, how it happens ?

I think it's important to make an investment in prevention to keep your assets valuable so state of the art facilities is good, I asked the question because I really don't know enough about what we have compared to the rest of the league to say that a lack of facilities is the issue.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Then take a look at the teams with the least injuries and find out what they do differently.

But then in order to do that, you would need "state-of-the-art" reconaissance and surveillance. And we don't have that either. ?

Couldn't it be found in a person, and not a thing, like equipment ?

In other words, hire the best expert you can find in that area of specialty ?

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

But then in order to do that, you would need "state-of-the-art" reconaissance and surveillance. And we don't have that either. ?

Couldn't it be found in a person, and not a thing, like equipment ?

In other words, hire the best expert you can find in that area of specialty ?

Would those things cost or make Dan money?  That's what will determine if it happens.

****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. **** it all to hell. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****. **** it all to hell, that's why we can't have nice things.  Oh, ****. 

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You start by admitting that something other luck is at work.  And accept that what you are currently doing isnt enough.  Then take a look at the teams with the least injuries and find out what they do differently.

See, but I'm just not sure about that. I think pure dumb (bad) luck is what it amounts to. Trent got his thumb caught in a facemask and it disloacted causing at least a little ligament damage as well. Not really sure how to prevent that. Thompson got laid out on a viscous hit and suffered rib cartilage damage. Not sure how to prevent that (other than not getting hit). Last year Thompson got piled on and snapped his leg in half. Not sure how to prevent that. Now, maybe with some of the more minor stuff like the hamstring pulls or what not.... maybe there are things we are/aren't doing that could aid in recovery, etc... I won't speak to that considering I have no knowledge of such things. But for the injuries that have REALLY hurt us.... yeah, I think it's luck. 

Just now, kleese said:

See, but I'm just not sure about that. I think pure dumb (bad) luck is what it amounts to. Trent got his thumb caught in a facemask and it disloacted causing at least a little ligament damage as well. Not really sure how to prevent that. Thompson got laid out on a viscous hit and suffered rib cartilage damage. Not sure how to prevent that (other than not getting hit). Last year Thompson got piled on and snapped his leg in half. Not sure how to prevent that. Now, maybe with some of the more minor stuff like the hamstring pulls or what not.... maybe there are things we are/aren't doing that could aid in recovery, etc... I won't speak to that considering I have no knowledge of such things. But for the injuries that have REALLY hurt us.... yeah, I think it's luck. 

Every year?  For a decade plus?  Sure some things are luck, but the reason we have been in the bottom of the league for something like 10 out of the last 11 years isnt bad luck.  

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You start by admitting that something other luck is at work.  And accept that what you are currently doing isnt enough.  Then take a look at the teams with the least injuries and find out what they do differently.

This really isn't rocket science.  You hit the  ail on the head a second ago, stop taking injury risk players in free agency and the draft acting like you getting a steal.  Losing this many in one day is the other end of that equation, it's not dark magic.

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is the kill shot for the Jay Gruden era.  We will have the excitement of a clean slate rebuilding project for 2019.

And honestly, I can live with that.

I highly doubt he's gone. He was 5-2 going into that game and still have the division lead. If anything this injury news gives him an excuse for missing the playoffs. 

I'd add his contract goes until 2019 and like all coaches contracts is fully guaranteed. If anything Snyder is cheap, so why would he cut bait with Gruden & Co. only to pay them for 2019 along with the new cast of coaches he brings in? IMO Snyder will keep Jay, maybe make some minor changes, but clear house the following season. 

The Richardson injury is bewildering to me.  Maybe I’ve just missed it, but nothing had led me to believe he was an IR candidate.  His frustration with Alex has been on display in limited showing, just the ‘wtf’ faces, arms up and helmet grabbing that I’ve noticed.  Guess it’s not worth the pain to not get the ball.

Am I off in thinking we keep an extra tight end in tight... more moving pockets...

If Crowder could ever get back it'll open up the WR screen...

Maurice Harris stepped up big time, albeit in garbage time... but he can actually catch a pass that hits him in the hands (cough cough Docton)

Also, since we aren't a huge deep threat passing team how about more of Jordan Reed AND Vernon Davis in the game together... one will pose a mismatch.

Instead of going in with a RUN first game plan... we NEED to commit to the intermediate passing game.

Thoughts?

Archived