Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Keim said on Twitter that Richardson has been fighting through the pain all season and finally had to stop playing and fix it. Guessing he aggravated it or made it worse, yes. 

Is it a myth or is it a fact that small-framed guys get hurt a lot more ?

I mean, that's the thinking behind CT, right ?

so, with three new guys, and Moses hurting is there any way we could dress all the OL except Trent.  Traditionally the Skins on;y dress seven Ol, but a change might be a good idea

Right now we have Williams Crowder and Thompson out, Alexander is always inactive unless there's injuries.  With six DL we always dress five, and the one time we had this many LB this year we sat one. 

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

13 players on IR, and that's just HALF the season...not to mention the 2 players who were on PUP....and the players on the 53 who are hurt and can't play.

It's almost a repeat of last year.

And it can't be a coincidence.

Or the same thing the rest of the teams go through.

Remember HaHa mentioning how “juiced” Skins players were when he got here?   I really think our S&T staff has played a role in our injury problems.   

22 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Seemed like he was nicked up all season. Hopefully we get him full go in 2019.

Doubtful, we paid a guy who has very rarely been full go in his career. 

13 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Remember HaHa mentioning how “juiced” Skins players were when he got here?   I really think our S&T staff has played a role in our injury problems.   

I don't think that's what he meant

22 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is it a myth or is it a fact that small-framed guys get hurt a lot more ?

I mean, that's the thinking behind CT, right ?

It's anecdotal imo. Lots of small guys have never suffered serious injuries. I don't really believe in "injury prone" as a condition unless it's a recurring, chronic thing like Malcolmb's knees or something. CT has had a ton of different injuries, so I don't know what to think about him. He's a data point against my POV obviously. He is pretty slight I guess, but for the number of touches he gets and his usage he's really not in any more danger than similarly sized players around the NFL. The other part that's hard to quantify is that some guys know how to avoid/absorb big hits and others don't. Some guys with great balance, regardless of size, are always finishing strong but only suffering glancing contact from oncoming defenders, others get lit the **** up on the most casual plays. 

11 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't think that's what he meant

I hoped imy post wouldn’t be read that way - I should have been more clear.  I’m assuming when he said “juiced”, he meant the players looked jacked up... which made me wonder if our S&T group focused more on the strength part and maybe less on the conditioning part, especially the science aspect/injury prevention.  

I recall @Monk4thaHALL posting about their resumes once.  It wasn’t impressive, IIRC.  

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

When do we get Trent Williams back?

2 weeks from what I have heard. With both Moses and Ty banged up, it might get ugly. I know we did sign Austin Howard who is a T. I'd rather not have to bank on him though. But right now, he's all we have left.

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

2 weeks from what I have heard. With both Moses and Ty banged up, it might get ugly. I know we did sign Austin Howard who is a T. I'd rather not have to bank on him though. But right now, he's all we have left.

We gotta sign someone off of a practice squad 

9 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Two weeks from when the injury occurred (meaning he could be back for this next game?) or two weeks from now (playing against philly MNF?)

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Two weeks from when the injury occurred (meaning he could be back for this next game?) or two weeks from now (playing against philly MNF?)

2 weeks from now.

Originally they though he might be able to come back in 2-3 weeks, but that hasn't been mentioned recently and they now seem to be sticking with the 4 week (as in 2 weeks from now).

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Another one bites the dust......

Christian out for the year, MCL tear.

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-geron-christian-out-for-the-season

I have a feeling that this is more of a Gibbs type move to hide a player than anything else. It's probably something that's a few weeks but given our situation, we can't reserve a roster spot for a guy who isn't ready to contribute especially with Howard now. 

I really think they have high hopes for him and want to get him into the weight room more than anything. 

59 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Two questions:  1) Is Trent going to be ready for Dallas or for Philly? 2) I think Alex Boone is still available.  Should we have interest?

1. Not so sure about Dallas, but should be ready for Philly.

2. Can't hurt to kick the tires. Seems to have a nasty streak.

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

So Holsey has been activated from IR to take Geron's spot. Hopefully he can get up to speed and help out in the slot. Let Fabian man the outside till Dunbar is back and let best man win out of Holsey, Stro, and Danny

Link?

This actually excites me. I was really high on him, I think he's got the skills to be a good slot corner.

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Link?

This actually excites me. I was really high on him, I think he's got the skills to be a good slot corner.

https://riggosrag.com/2018/11/12/report-redskins-activate-cb-joshua-holsey-from-reserve-nfi-list/

Yup, I’ve heard the same. I hope he gets up to speed quickly, but I doubt he’ll be able to do much for us this week. 

7 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Any word on Guice's rehab and how that's been going? No setbacks or complications? Hate that the kid had such a season-ending injury in his rookie campaign.

Yes, it would be nice to know.  I spotted him on sidelines of LSU vs Bama game.  He seemed to be walking around and laughing a lot.......I don’t know if that tells us anything or not.  

Regarding the list of injuries, there's something to consider:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/13/report-washington-looking-at-kickers-with-dustin-hopkins-banged-up/

Not enough to get posted in BHRBN, but I believe there'll be more regarding this soon.

Hopkins being injured is not a good thing for this team. He's been money so far. 

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Regarding the list of injuries, there's something to consider:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/13/report-washington-looking-at-kickers-with-dustin-hopkins-banged-up/

Not enough to get posted in BHRBN, but I believe there'll be more regarding this soon.

Hopkins being injured is not a good thing for this team. He's been money so far. 

I wonder what "a bit banged up" means and how long he will miss, if he misses time at all.

Archived