Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

More interested in Harris, to be honest. If he's available, then you're looking at a ST problem. If he's not, you need a 4th WR who can play WR.

I think we're going to have a @TK thread here soon "Redskins Make Roster Move" saying they IRed Quinn and re-signed Quick to the 53 man roster.  

Question will be, who's the punt returner...

Perhaps Bibbs will be called up?

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

PR likely goes back to Crowder, at least that's where id start.  Have to see how long either out, we gonna need bodies at we, not rb, bad as i want bibbs on the roster

I get that, but IF Quinn is out for an extended time, do we really have a good option to replace Crowder if he also gets injured? And Crowder is one of our 3 WRs left standing, so my risk averse personna is coming out. We could put Bibbs on active with a demotion to Samaje, that would still leave 2 WR spots open if such a move is necessary. 

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I get that, but IF Quinn is out for an extended time, do we really have a good option to replace Crowder if he also gets injured? And Crowder is one of our 3 WRs left standing, so my risk averse personna is coming out. We could put Bibbs on active with a demotion to Samaje, that would still leave 2 WR spots open if such a move is necessary. 

Hmm... You mean like move Samaje to PS? Can you even do that while he's injured?  Feel you on not risking Crowder, think our hand is getting forced on that one.

6 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I suspect they dont have a backup PR after Crowder.  They'll get somebody who can at least just field the punt essentially and not have it rolling around.  Unless it was a long term thing.

Sims to IR:

It was reported earlier today that Brian Quick was re-signing with the Redskins. The veteran was cut last week so Washington could keep two rookie receivers, Trey Quinn and Cam Sims.

Unfortunately both of the rooks suffered high ankle sprains in Sunday's win over the Cardinals and were carted to the locker room. They both got MRIs today, and we have been waiting to hear the severity of their injuries.

With the news of the Quick signing, it was expected that one or both of them were going to miss some time and possibly need to be placed on IR. Craig Hoffman reports that Cam Sims will be placed on IR, and will be replaced by Quick on the roster.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/9/11/17847536/redskins-injury-report-wr-cam-sims-to-ir-with-high-ankle-sprain

32 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Since Harris is still in concussion protocol, I'm guessing we're going to elevate Simmie Cobbs Jr. from the practice squad to replace Quinn.  Has anyone heard who will replace Quinn on the 53 man roster?

Jehu chesson was brought up from the practice squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skins new Recovery Center.

Mason Foster was on Galdi's show this morning and they talked about the Skins new Recovery Center that just opened up a few months ago. The Recovery Center has cryo therapy and weightless pools and im sure some other things.

He said before, players would have to travel all over DC to get particular treatments at particular places.

------------------

Murphy, 27, then began discussing the recovery center and its inception.

He said that after a loss last season when the injuries were mounting, he approached team president Bruce Allen to find out what could be done for the players to control and minimize what appeared to have become an epidemic.

A staff meeting was immediately called to discuss what could be done to help the players. It was then that the idea of a recovery center was conceived.

Murphy traveled with team officials to Indianapolis during this past NFL Combine to further investigate their vision. He went to a seminar at Liberty University to learn more about the project.

The OLB elaborated on how he was blown away after meeting former Navy seal Jeff Nichols, whom he described as ‘one of the brightest people I have ever met in my life.’

Murphy also gave credit to former Redskins dietician Robert Skinner, who is a performance dietician and exercise physiologist. Skinner has worked with several NFL athletes and Navy SEALs for Naval Special Warfare.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/29/former-olb-trent-murphy-played-role-in-new-redskins-recovery-center/

I think the report(s) just said he was out of practice on Friday, not ruled out for the game.  Granted, that does not bode well for his chances of playing.  He is becoming quite the frustrating player, to me at least.  If I read the links incorrectly, I apologize.  Doc needs to get on the field and produce in short order or he will not have many suitors when he becomes a free agent.  WR needs to be prioritized in our next draft.  Hail

Archived