Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i want to skip a second civil was and go straight to the third one. i got some great ideas.

Fighting with sticks and stones?

I love all the savagery the last two pages, if Trump's own cabinet can use expletives to describe him, there's no need for the rest of us to be coy anymore.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

well, and dance

vote and then go dancing

people need to dance more

You can dance if you want to, Jumbo.

You can leave your friends behind 

But if friends don't dance and if they don't dance,

Well they're no friends of mine.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

This is bull****.  Conservative isn’t a party. There are plenty of conservatives that give more than a damn about unity and this country. This hyper-partisan environment didn’t start with Trump, he is the result of it. This started way back in the days of Nixon and kept slowly decaying the political landscape. The Republican Party is literally a disaster, but let’s not pretend like the Democrat’s hands are clean. 

mmmmm..mmmmm....errrrr....uuhhhhh BOTHSIDESISM!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOTHSIDEISM!!!!!!1111

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

yeah, the country's swirling down the toilet bowl and ole jumbo's in the c ward on the football site yukking it up and ignoring urgent responsibilities

just as always

typical duck

me too. 

I could be downstairs with my husband but I'm hanging with you guys and Rachel. ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i've always been sort of a "sticks and stones may break your bones...and that pretty much works for me" sort of guy

Ya, I was thinking more like what we'd have left to hit each other with after World War 3 sticks and stones.  I've said before Trump would go full Assad if it got to that point, I'm not kidding, we'd be infidels.

• Like 1

This is bull****.  Conservative isn’t a party. There are plenty of conservatives that give more than a damn about unity and this country. This hyper-partisan environment didn’t start with Trump, he is the result of it. This started way back in the days of Nixon and kept slowly decaying the political landscape. The Republican Party is literally a disaster, but let’s not pretend like the Democrat’s hands are clean. 

I understand why you don't want to claim them, but the GoP is the conservative party.  I recognize you're a patriotic conservative who hasn't been radicalized and still has his soul.  I honestly don't know what there is for you to do.  Your party is gone and you will never get them back the way they were, say, in 2008.  Trump is the new normal and I guess you're a political nomad now.  Politics are going to get way more uncomfortable for you in the near future.  Maybe you'll have a GoP worth rejoining somewhere down the line but the far right radidcalized shrivs propping up the traitors and charlatans who run the GoP now are going to have to die off in big enough numbers to get the **** out of the way of the rest of us who actually want to live in a sane and decent country so we can clean up the ****ing turd they laid on all of us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I understand why you don't want to claim them, but the GoP is the conservative party.  I recognize you're a patriotic conservative who hasn't been radicalized and still has his soul.  I honestly don't know what there is for you to do.  Your party is gone and you will never get them back the way they were, say, in 2008.  Trump is the new normal and I guess you're a political nomad now.  Politics are going to get way more uncomfortable for you in the near future.  Maybe you'll have a GoP worth rejoining somewhere down the line but the far right radidcalized shrivs propping up the traitors and charlatans who run the GoP now are going to have to die off in big enough numbers to get the **** out of the way of the rest of us who actually want to live in a sane and decent country so we can clean up the ****ing turd they laid on all of us.

Well, to be honest, the GOP has been heading this way for decades. They chose Reagan, who was an actor and a puppet. They chose G.W., a man they wanted "to have a beer with" and now they've elected a failed business man/reality star. The only person left is an Alex Jones style podcast host.

• Like 2

I agree with a lot of this.  I stopped calling ‘the other side’ conservatives, because that’s not what the GOP is... not anymore and not for some time.  

Democrats absolutely deserve part of the blame.  However, the toxic environment, IMV, really took a turn for the worse under Rove’s leadership, along with the erosion of truth, the escalation of hate and fear mongering from Fox News (et al).  

One side has the Swift Boats, the Pizza Gates, Benghazi, Mark Riches, etc.  One side has pushed these conspiracies in broad daylight.  One side has championed figures who denigrate women, immigrants and minorities.  One side has pushed White Nationalist ideals and rhetoric.  One side has championed business over people - removal of consumer protections, unions, etc.  One side has demonized terms like ‘regulation’, ‘PC’, and ‘climate change’, and made up terms like ‘death tax’, ‘death panels’ and (the nonexistent) ‘partial birth abortion’.  One side has demolished the norms, taken a cudgel to ethics, spoken with glee about obstructing the other side (and their president) at every turn, refused to have a hearing for a SC justice, refused to allow (any?) judges to be seated.  

I could go on and on of course (and maybe it would be (even more) cathartic, but I will add that I can step back and 1) know that I am in a bubble to some extent, 2) know the dems are far from perfect... so I understand that some may strongly disagree.  I think most of us agree though that this current iteration of the GOP is actively hurting the country (aside from maybe Wall Street).  The FBI, the Intelligence community, our allies, the (traditional) media, protesters, et al are not our enemies.  Making the rich richer is not helpful to the poor, working poor, or middle class.  Trade wars are not helping our farmers, laxer gun laws won’t help with gun violence, dismantling the ACA is not the path to fix healthcare.  

It seems to me that the problem is that conservatives (largely) have taken the stance - “well, I’m not racist”, “I don’t look down on women”, “I believe in some form of gun control”, etc.  What’s that old saying, “you are the company you keep”?  You conservatives, even if you do continue to support these GOP officials and some of their policies... you should be the one up in arms (or at least vociferous) about the degradation, the attacks on our institutions, the racism, the ‘anti-abortion/no gun laws or the high way’, etc.  You should lead the charge, maybe in particular, about the massive (and getting wider) income/wealth gap.  

(I’ll readily admit and can empathize that it’s an uphill battle for you considering the ‘Trump-or-die” base’s power in the primaries.)

Anyway, I’m spent.  Apologies for the rant... I know it’s naive, simplistic, idealistic and I likely got some points wrong (or mischaracterized them), but I had to get it off my chest.  

Cheers... have a great weekend, and go Skins.  :)

Edit: the “you(s?)” above weren’t necessarily at you Popeman... I have no idea what you’ve been up to (although I appreciate where you are and many of your stances/posts.  Unfortunately, @stevemcqueen1probably has it right (in terms of your predicament).  :(

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TP said:

You may be allowing your very strong views to cloud your judgment.  Maybe I am too, but I still believe half of America is celebrating the impending elevation of Judge Kavanaugh, a man who clearly believes the Constitution means what it says.

Also, I completely disagree with your characterization of the Judge, although I am sure quite a few of my fellow conservatives are saying many of the same things about Dr. Ford.

Apparently, this appointment is supposed to be apart of McConnell's legacy. He doesn't care what happens afterwards, as long as Kav, gets through. The only plus side of having Kav on the SC for a generation is hopefully Mitch also destroyed the the GOP for at least a generation. As unpopular as this has been, Mitch sees this as a fight that can be won in two years if they win the midterms. However, I will have to respectfully disagree. This is the swan song of the GOP unless they get some new blood and go progressive.

50 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I  understand why you don't want to claim them, but the GoP is the conservative party.  I recognize you're a patriotic conservative who hasn't been radicalized and still has his soul.  I honestly don't know what there is for you to do.  Your party is gone and you will never get them back the way they were, say, in 2008.  Trump is the new normal and I guess you're a political nomad now.  Politics are going to get way more uncomfortable for you in the near future.  Maybe you'll have a GoP worth rejoining somewhere down the line but the far right radidcalized shrivs propping up the traitors and charlatans who run the GoP now are going to have to die off in big enough numbers to get the **** out of the way of the rest of us who actually want to live in a sane and decent country so we can clean up the ****ing turd they laid on all of us.

I’ve been a nomad since the Clinton-Bush election. I hope the blue wave crushes the GOP. I mean CRUSHES. And I hope that we as a country can start electing good people. People not defined by a party, not owned by a party, not beholden to a party. Collins, Murkowski, Manchin, Heitkamp...should all vote no, as should EVERY Senator. Because Kavanaugh failed his duty, not because he was nominated by Trump. Because he sucks. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1