Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

We'll see. If the Dems can't energize a much larger turnout AND the GOP successfully runs against Pelosi/Schumer in those close races. I don't know. 

It might not be in 2018 or 2020

But my daughters aren’t going to be putting up with this bull****. They’ll be raised to kick the asses of Bart O’Kavanaugh’s everywhere 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

It might not be in 2018 or 2020

But my daughters aren’t going to be putting up with this bull****. They’ll be raised to kick the asses of Bart O’Kavanaugh’s everywhere 

I'm sorry for your daughters. But they aren't going to be believed....or will be blamed for how they dressed or how much they drank. 

If they are abused victims. It will always be their fault. 

You know what I'm saying. Waiting 4,6,8 years means the American voter that supports them is full of **** because not enough voted. 

• Like 1

Nuke the legislative filibuster. 

Add Puerto Rico and DC to the Senate. 

Add more house seats. 

I hope Pelosi and Schumer will be replaced by people with more guts. 

There will be full Dem control of the WH and Congress at some point in the next 10-12 years. The willingness to enact these steps will have to be a pre-requisite for any Dem nominee for Congress or WH.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Our system is broken and we need to change a lot by Amendment because it's only going to get worse.

This is how America dies, at the hands of a flailing minority.

And that's exactly what it is. It's a party/movement in it's death throes and what we've been seeing/hearing are its death rattles and frantic last gasps of air. 

Anyone in the current GOP with more than a few brain cells to rub together knows they're basically dying and will be, for all intents and purposes, extinct in the not too distant future. They're steadily losing with pretty much every single growing demographic in the US, they've basically abandoned the farce of trying to appeal to women at this point, the public doesn't want anything they're selling and has moved beyond their social wedge issues, they have an amoral vulgarian sociopath as the head of their party, they get by almost purely by borderline comical lying at this point.

The only things they have going for them now are gerrymandering, a rabid base made up of mostly of angry white people who are resentful at the changing demographics and attitudes of the country and who will do anything or vote for anyone who promises to try and halt that change, and a slim and likely soon to be gone majority rule. They know perfectly well that SCOTUS is basically their last swing for the fences before they die off and the only way to try and keep any of their legacy or ideas from an immediate and merciful death. That's why they're so gung-ho about pushing through the most partisan person we've seen nominated in a long time. They know their majority won't last and they know the country will have completely moved past them in the not too distant future. McConnell is definitely playing the long game. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Turtle Face just said (and I quote) :

"These things always blow over. "

****er. ?

I really just hope McConnell strokes out soon, and somebody with an ounce of integrity comes in to replace him. That dude is literally everything that's wrong in our politics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

A supermajority rule would really come in handy right now.  Simple majority is absurd for the Supreme Court.

This really should be ****ing mandatory. There needs to be at least a little bipartisanship in these appointments to weed out the conspiracy theorist beer drinkers of the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I really just hope McConnell strokes out soon, and somebody with an ounce of integrity comes in to replace him. That dude is literally everything that's wrong in our politics.

He's obstructed everything good for the people. 

He said "Let's make sure Obama is a one term President. "...before the Inauguration was over. 

"We're not going to have a hearing on the President's nominee. "...before he knew that the nominee was the future nominee's boss, who BK voted with 97% of the time (pointed out by Ted ****in Cruz in the first hearings).

AAARRRGHGGHHHH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'm sorry for your daughters. But they aren't going to be believed....or will be blamed for how they dressed or how much they drank. 

If they are abused victims. It will always be their fault. 

You know what I'm saying. Waiting 4,6,8 years means the American voter that supports them is full of **** because not enough voted. 

If it’s of any consolation, my two young boys will be tought to respect women and treat them with love and dignity.  To be kind to others and respect others boundaries.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

There will be a reckoning. And it won’t be pretty 

Maybe eventually, but I won't be so sure it all happens in 2018/2020.

Dems probably take the House but we are relying on the unreliable to come out and vote vs a reliable group on the right; who are motivated after the Supreme vote.

Senate probably remains in the GOP hand and they may even gain a seat or two.

2020 at the moment, to me; sees Trump getting reelected.  The only Trump voters that may not vote for him again are Sanders voters but really, how many Sanders voters voted for Trump? Doubt it was many to make a difference.  The other possibility is suburban women but if they voted for Trump in 2016, they knew exactly what type of person he was and they didn't care.  So, even if this #METoo era; doubtful they leave the Trump cult.    I don't see who that Democratic candidate is, that's going flip the states back to the Dem column vs. Trump.

A reckoning is coming but it's not necessarily happening right away.

• Like 1

I’m proud of Brett Kavanaugh for being brave and standing up against false accusations and not folding. President Trump is doing exactly what he promised a conversative Supreme Court for a generation and the strongest economy in US history. What a great day!

Edited by BruceAllenIsFootballGenius
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

I’m proud of Brett Kavanaugh for being brave and standing up against false accusations and not folding. President Trump is doing exactly what he promised a conversative Supreme Court for a generation and the strongest economy in US history. What a great day!

Hooray! A perjurer is on the Supreme Court!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Only if you're a rich white man.

The rest of us are ****ed.

Omg, some of my friends have no clue, others are more rabid than me ... but I didn't even try to tame one of my regulars, Sue...she has like 5 degrees and is deaf in one ear and can get loud, so I let her rant the other day. ?