Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The Dems will certainly take he House. I hope they decide to investigate all of this entirely. 

At this point, I hope they take the House and the Senate and impeach with cause Trump, Pence, and Kavanaugh.

Wouldn't it be a kick if somehow this happened and the Republicans efforts to plow through a perjuring extreme partisan ideologue led to President Pelosi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Nothing has been done yet. Roe v Wade still stands. Casey still stands. SCOTUS hasnt majority opined that Trump is immune from impeachment (god speed Meuller).

Like Rs thought Obama was going to take their guns away and loaded up on hollow point tips and bump stocks and dehydrated bunker kits ..... none of that happened.

I try not to stress on future events .. bc they havent happened yet. This will be a Democrat majority controlled Country in 20-50 years.

I think with his history on the subject and his flagrant, blaring, (literally) screaming in your face Trumpian hyper-partisanship, as well as his open vow of retribution against Dems who had the temerity to question him and interfere with his rightful ascension to SCOTUS by bringing up some stupid slut he had some fun with years ago (c'mon....she probably wanted it anyway, amirite?) there's probably a .01% chance that Kavanaugh would ever vote to limit Trump in any way, shape, or form...no matter how egregious his offense or ironclad the evidence.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My last table today was an older couple who told me that hell will be full of Democrats. 

They got what they deserved...their check before their pizza even arrived, and the "I've gotta go get my grandkids, no one can afford childcare nowadays...and I wonder why that is?...can we take care of this now?"

I was in no hurry. I just had to **** with them.

Assholes.

Half the country is celebrating Judge Kavanaugh’s impending confirmation while the other half is on suicide watch.

Crazy times!

Are we so divided that America can never be united again?  Are we witnessing the beginning of the end for this great nation?  Will their be a second civil war?  I’ve never seen citizen’s hatred for one another even close to this point in my lifetime.

3 minutes ago, TP said:
Half the country is celebrating Judge Kavanaugh’s

Not a chance. Maybe a third. Probably a quarter. I can imagine that close to half of the country can make peace with the decision, but in no way celebrate.

Kavanaugh is a perjurer, he is an extreme ideologue who showed himself incapable of sober, neutral judgment, and in all likelihood he is a perpetrator of abuse.

Edited by Burgold

10 minutes ago, TP said:
Half the country is celebrating Judge Kavanaugh’s impending confirmation while the other half is on suicide watch.

Crazy times!

Are we so divided that America can never be united again?  Are we witnessing the beginning of the end for this great nation?  Will their be a second civil war?  I’ve never seen citizen’s hatred for one another even close to this point in my lifetime.

Are people celebrating because they feel like their side won or because they feel like they confirmed the best conservative jurist they could find?  And vice versa for the unhappy side?  That probably gives you the answers to the questions in your second paragraph.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Not a chance. Maybe a third. Probably a quarter. I can imagine that close to half of the country can make peace with the decision, but in no way celebrate.

Kavanaugh is a perjurer, he is an extreme ideologue who showed himself incapable of sober, neutral judgment, and in all likelihood he is a perpetrator of abuse.

You may be allowing your very strong views to cloud your judgment.  Maybe I am too, but I still believe half of America is celebrating the impending elevation of Judge Kavanaugh, a man who clearly believes the Constitution means what it says.

Also, I completely disagree with your characterization of the Judge, although I am sure quite a few of my fellow conservatives are saying many of the same things about Dr. Ford.

Edited by TP
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TP said:

You may be allowing your very strong views to cloud your judgment.  Maybe I am too, but I still believe half of America is celebrating the impending elevation of Judge Kavanaugh, a man who clearly believes the Constitution means what it says. **

Also, I completely disagree with your characterization of the Judge, although I am sure quite a few of my fellow conservatives are saying many of the same things about Dr. Ford.

** When it agrees with his ideology.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

My last table today was an older couple who told me that hell will be full of Democrats. 

They got what they deserved...their check before their pizza even arrived, and the "I've gotta go get my grandkids, no one can afford childcare nowadays...and I wonder why that is?...can we take care of this now?"

I was in no hurry. I just had to **** with them.

Assholes.

You're a lot nicer than me.  I would have responded by telling them that the country will be a lot better when people like them are molding in their graves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TP said:

Get out of here with this ****.  Like you or any conservative give a damn about unity or consensus.  Your party is tearing this country apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TP said:

Crazy times!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a dupe acct this incompetently obvious. I wonder if maybe you should focus on reuniting the division in your internal struggles, given you so recently requested that after an equally insipid series of posts, and being slapped with a rule 5 violation, you asked for your previous account to "be deleted"  (in impressive drama queen manner), only to register another one so you could remount your trusty keyboard, take hold of your mouse-lance and ride into the fray again. Nah. Stick with what's working for you.

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Get out of here with this ****.  Like you or any conservative give a damn about unity or consensus.  Your party is tearing this country apart.

Exactly what I was referring to.  The conservatives think exactly the same thing about the liberals.

BTW, you don’t know me but I can assure you, I do care about unity.  I hope the country can survive all the hatred.

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a dupe acct this incompetently obvious. I wonder if maybe you should focus on reuniting the division in your internal struggles, given you so recently requested that after an equally insipid series of posts and being slapped with a rule 5 violation you asked for your previous account to "be deleted"   (in impressive drama queen manner), only to register another one so you could remount your trusty keyboard, take hold of your mouse-lance and ride into the fray again. Nah. Stick with what's working for you.

What???

1 hour ago, TP said:

Will their be a second civil war?  I’ve never seen citizen’s hatred for one another even close to this point in my lifetime.

No their won’t be a second civil war. But I do hope their is a concerted effort among out public schools to teach the difference between their and there. While their at it they can teach a little history too, because apparently that’s lacking as well. Their seems to be a belief that we are in uniquely partisan times, as if Vietnam never happened. So their!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let's see how John Roberts reacts.  Maybe he shifts left. I mean, he is already in the middle, just slight to the right of Kennedy.  It's very important that the next democrat president (assuming Trump loses) forces the two older liberal justices to retire.  You can't have a republican president replacing those two key justices (when they die).