Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

43 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The vote today is really it right?   Is there a possible yes vote for cloture that would become a no vote to confirm?

It's certainly possible in theory. 

And somebody might place country before party, too. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Murkowski votes against it.  What does this mean?

I think nothing, unless one of these "yes" votes in the procedural turn around and vote "no" in the final vote.  Which is possible, but probably not likely.   We'll find out tomorrow, unless Collins says she's a no later today.

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So what do you think is behind Collins stating her vote of yes for cloture, but withholding disclosing her final vote until she gives a statement later today?  If if were yes to both, you think she would just have said that? 

Well, I suppose it's just not possible that a politician might claim to be undecided in order to get some on-camera time. 

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, I suppose it's just not possible that a politician might claim to be undecided in order to get some on-camera time. 

That wouldn't be necessary.  If she wanted to talk, she could get all the time she wanted without such machinations. 

19 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'll be shocked if Collins is a no.  It would be political suicide at this point.

My guess is Collins is still trying to figure out which is worse.  I'd imagine she'd vote yes.  If she votes no, she'll probably get primaried out and have to run as an independent.  Much easier path to vote yes and try sell that she had serious concerns, but there wasn't enough evidence

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

My guess is Collins is still trying to figure out which is worse. 

My guess is she’s angling for pork. Can she manipulate a good bribe for her vote. 

She’s like the NFL team about to cut a player everyone knows she must cut, but still trying to get a 6th round draft pick. If she can’t work the trade she’ll still cut the player (vote yes) but she wants her ham sandwich damn it!