Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

36 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'll be shocked if Collins is a no.  It would be political suicide at this point.

It's a joke, if she was going to vote no she shouldn't of voted to proceed to final vote.  Too many games, her saying that felt like a cliffhanger for a reality tv show right before commercial break.  Government we deserve for not voting, all that's missing is the laugh track, sitcom ass BS

24 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont agree.  Maine is pretty independent place.  They tend to ignore the hysteria in DC. 

At the end of the day Maine is a blue state. Voting for Kav is not the moderate or independent move. It's the move of a partisan. With this vote and the introduction of ranked choice voting she's pretty much toast. A final yes vote tells me she's going to retire come 2020. Gardener too.

Edited by Cooked Crack

47 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'll be shocked if Collins is a no.  It would be political suicide at this point.

41 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It would be suicide to vote yes if she ever plans on running for political office in Maine.

26 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont agree.  Maine is pretty independent place.  They tend to ignore the hysteria in DC. 

uhm.... ??     How do "A" and "C" not completely contradict each other?

• Like 1

You mean the people we counted on to be fair minded Americans first and party politicians last, have disappointed us?

whats next, they’ll excuse it by saying they’re not yet prepared to vote yes on the next vote that actually confirms him?

oh wait...

How predictable the spineless shells of leaders we have are is laughable and depressing at the same time. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

They'll spend a fortune in a primary to defeat her.  

you can right-flank somebody in Utah, or Mississippi, or Oklahoma....    but in Maine...... .. 

anigif_optimized-25503-1419373568-1.gif

democrat's christmas tree 

Edited by mcsluggo

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The GOP will destroy her, not the voters.

Maine already has an independent Senator. She can pull a Murkowski and run as an Independent and win. Dems might not even rank her in 2020. Playing to a base is not a smart move especially when ranked choice is in effect .

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Republicans have one last chance they prove they think integrity matters in our court system. One last chance to say no to a perjurer. One last chance to stand up. Will they?

Doubtful.

What are you talking about? This was their chance. They declined to act. 

They voted yes to let their votes count for less in the confirmation. They had a strong position in the matter and they declined to use it. 

They need to be judged on this vote. 

• Like 1

Im sure the Dems will allow a quick approval of the next nominee.

Heidi is losing badly,  Shes angling for a job with a left wing think tank.

I know that the WH and McConnell say they have the votes, but I wont believe it until it's done.

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Im sure the Dems will allow a quick approval of the next nominee.

Pretty sure they allowed a quiet approval of the previous one. (And that one was for a stolen seat). 

But you just go right ahead inventing Democrat straw men to justify Republican actions. 

(Since, I guess, you feel like you need to invent something to justify Republican actions). 

Go ahead and continue to feel the need to invent my inventions.

This seat matters more than the prior because of the perception that Gorsuch replaced Scalia (ie right wing for right wing) while this is perceived as a right winger taking over a moderate's seat.

Can anyone imagine what would happen if the GOP keeps the Senate and RBG or Breyer retire or pass away?

Our nation will probably end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure they allowed a quiet approval of the previous one. (And that one was for a stolen seat). 

Filibustered him and he only got 54 votes.....and that was just after Clinton's stunning defeat and the blowing of 1.2 Billion bucks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a joke, if she was going to vote no she shouldn't of voted to proceed to final vote.  Too many games, her saying that felt like a cliffhanger for a reality tv show right before commercial break.  Government we deserve for not voting, all that's missing is the laugh track, sitcom ass BS

McCain did that for the healthcare vote.  Different circumstance, but voting yes, then no in the final vote wouldn't be unheard of.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Filibustered him and he only got 54 votes

Thank you for supporting my point that the previous nominee had a better confirmation than this one. 

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Go ahead and continue to feel the need to invent my inventions.

To draw conclusions about your motivations, based on observing your posts. And presenting that evidence. 

Edited by Larry

This is S.O.P. for Collins and Flake so I'm not surprised. They pretty much always make a show of having reservations or being "concerned" about things but in the end they almost always goes along with the party line vote, sometimes after getting some sort of concessions (that end up being complete bull****).

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

This is why she's the Notorious RBG.

More at link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ruth-bader-ginsburg-had-a-very-different-path-to-power-than-brett-m-kavanaugh/2018/10/01/60a6db78-c581-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html

Ruth Bader Ginsburg had a very different path to power than Brett M. Kavanaugh

The senator stared down at the Supreme Court nominee, declaring, “I think we need to judge you as a total person.”

Are we talking brewskis, boofing and Beach Week here?

Come on, senator! They were just teens.

Oops, wait. This was Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.) as he pressed Ruth Bader Ginsburg during her 1993 Supreme Court confirmation hearing.

The big scandal during that hearing? The senators — nearly all of them men — had their pinstripes in a twist because of Ginsburg’s work on cases advocating women’s rights.

Kohl said he was “a little bit confused about the tension between the somewhat restrictive role you describe for judges and the much more dynamic role that you adopted as an advocate,” according to the hearing transcripts now catalogued in the Library of Congress.

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Surprised?

Not at all. 

So far Republicans have backed Nazis, pedophiles, tax cheats, frauds, and serial sexual abusers (Trump fills the last three all by himself), what’s a little perjury?