Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel sick for any woman that doesn't want to come forward because of **** like this.  Thus whole thing has to be beyond humiliating for Ford.

I think this is the biggest problem. I think that fords decision to come foward now may have been politically motivated.  That doesn’t make it a lie, necessarily.  But mocking her makes it harder for people not famous to seek justice, and that’s the real crime the gop  committed here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel sick for any woman that doesn't want to come forward because of **** like this.  Thus whole thing has to be beyond humiliating for Ford.

I look forward to seeing the polls over the next week, this may just piss more women off.

Vote.

That kept going through my mind throughout Collins' speech. She heavily implied that Blasey Ford was lying with the caveat that she might have suffered some attack, but then said definitively. We will not support or defend you. We will do nothing to get to the bottom of this. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That too, @mistertim. I thought of writing it that way, but she really screwed over women and then had the temerity of saying... I hope what we did heartened women and will help more to come forward in the future.

Why the hell would any woman after seeing what they put Blasey Ford through-- from death threats to a sham investigation to refusing to question Kavanaugh-- would any woman feel anything but betrayal by the GOP?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whatever. The end result is what we assumed it would be anyway.  If the majority of voters care about this as much as a lot of us in this thread do? They will vote in November and things might change. If not? If all the marches, protesting, and frustration doesn't equal turnout at the polls?  What can people expect to change?

I'm not happy about it, but This is what the gov't under Trump is.  As long as he has the numbers, little else matters.  I hope enough people realize this and react accordingly.

All I can do now is hope I am dead wrong about Kavanaugh, his past, and how he will rule on the bench. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Sorry if my last post sounded flippant and dismissive.  I suppose I am just tired of being in the situation where the majority of our citizens feel one way, but policies often reflect the opposite view.  I understand that not everyone agrees with me, and actually want the policies I disagree with, and that is ok, we are allowed to disagree, but other than countries under dictatorship and/or third world courtires it just doesn't seem like the majority opinion always comes up constantly losing.  I know a lot of it has to do with low voter turnout, in fact maybe that is the biggest factor. It just sucks, and I have no idea how to fix it and/or what part of ranting about it even makes one iota of difference.

• Like 1

What an awful moment in American history. Friends in blue states, your values speak for themselves. There’s a reason why we are prospering and conservative America is a cesspool of decay and hate. Defend your beliefs at the local and state level at all costs.

38 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I hate Joe Manchin as much as I've ever hated any politician.

I met his uncle. He was a crook.

Might as well elect a Republican in his place and let West Virginia becomes the model conservative state for the US.

Edited by No Excuses

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

What an awful moment in American history. Friends in blue states, your values speak for themselves. There’s a reason why we are prospering and conservative America is a cesspool of decay and hate. Defend your beliefs at the local and state level at all costs.

Might as well elect a Republican in his place and let West Virginia becomes the model conservative state for the US.

Dude trust me, I have no ill will for my fellow red state Americans, I honestly don't, and I vote for policies that I in good faith hope will help them just as much as me. With that said, I absolute laugh when people try to bash CA as whatever made up place they have conjured up in their head, likely aided by right-wing media. Most have never even been here and have no clue what it is like. (To be fair the same could be said about coastal and the south/fly-over states) And this isn't to suggest CA doesn't have issues just like every other state.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Nothing has been done yet. Roe v Wade still stands. Casey still stands. SCOTUS hasnt majority opined that Trump is immune from impeachment (god speed Meuller).

Like Rs thought Obama was going to take their guns away and loaded up on hollow point tips and bump stocks and dehydrated bunker kits ..... none of that happened.

I try not to stress on future events .. bc they havent happened yet. This will be a Democrat majority controlled Country in 20-50 years.

14 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Nothing has been done yet. Roe v Wade still stands. Casey still stands. SCOTUS hasnt majority opined that Trump is immune from impeachment (god speed Meuller).

Not entirely true. Over recent years, Roe has undergone death by a thousand paper cuts. Conservatives are neutering it, weakening it, and attacking it in very aggressive and real ways.

This is the chief difference between the parties. When Republicans/Conservatives say that Obama wasn't born in America, Benghazi was Clinton's fault, Obama will take away your guns, or the Clinton's are running child sex rings... they are all BS.

When the Democrats/Liberals say Trump is a tax cheat, adulterer, and guilty of sexual abuse. When we say the Republicans are separating parents from their children and putting children in unsupervised interment camps, or when we say that Kavanaugh is a perjurer... it is all true.

So when Ds warn you that conservatives are going after Roe it's because they are and they have.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1