Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

yup, but whatever else one might say about her performance here, i'd say it's a yuge gift to her fellow gopers---way more way way more than juts a yes and some timid explanation...so far she's given--again, however you dissect it---the best positive summary/defense/presentation for pro-kav forces anyone has to date, and one no old goper figurehead could do even if they could find the words

• Like 2

Her speech sounds like it was written by Lindsey Graham. She was either completely full of **** the whole time wrt being "on the fence" or she got some big time pork concessions and/or big time threats earlier on from McConnell et al. She's gonna get scorched in 2020. Good riddance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

She's completely eviscerating Ford's claims.  This is brutal.  And unnecesary really.

I've been willing to give it a temp "A"  as I've listened and regard it as principled and sincere and even 'right-on' per her arguments--assuming her facts are facts as given and coming from the goper pov, of course---but she's so heavy into this 'yes' that i'm starting to smell self-interest more than genuine concern and honesty, but i think that's my current cynicism level...also hearing how she huddled with pence and mitch and others for two hours just before this doesn't lessen it

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

I've been willing to give it a temp "A"  as I've listened and regard it as principled and sincere and even 'right-on' per her arguments--assuming her facts are facts as given and coming from the goper pov, of course---but she's so heavy into this 'yes' that i'm starting to smell self-interest more than genuine concern and honesty, but i think that's my current cynicism level...also hearing how she huddled with pence and mitch and others just before this doesn't lessen it

I'm impressed that she found time to take a shower between that meeting and her speech.

• Thanks 1

So does Manchin immediately follow her "yes" announcement, which cinches this? If so, does he also go "yes" to make a Pence tiebreaker unnecessary, or does he go "no" to force the VP to be the decider?  Will a 50-50 vote make this ****show worse than it already has been?

To be honest, more Democrats should have supported Gorsuch... there will be idealogical differences that they can nitpick on for elections... but that shouldn't prevent a well qualified judge who has opposite idealogy.

Sotomayor had 67 votes.
Kagan 63.
Garland never was given an up or down.
Gorsuch 54.
Kavanaugh 51.

See, I say that but the GOP absolutely didn't care about a well qualified Garland...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

To be honest, more Democrats should have supported Gorsuch... there will be idealogical differences that they can nitpick on for elections... but that shouldn't prevent a well qualified judge who has opposite idealogy.

Of course. Because as we're clearly seeing, Republicans are people of principle and would totally respect the Democrats for going along with their plan to steal a Senate seat.

Last night I heard from an old friend who texted me out of the blue and wanted to know what I thought of this whole mess.  I told her that at the start of it, I didn't know who to believe, that HS for me was 20 years ago and I've got trouble remembering things that weren't even affected by alcohol.  I then told her that as the testimonies went on, I thought he was a liar and that he completely misrepresented himself in a number of ways and that he was probably lying about what happened to Ford.  That he was so obsessed with keeping up his Boy Scout image, he couldn't bear to face the truth and tell it.  

I said that if anyone can't see that he lied about things during his testimony and questioning, they weren't being objective and had no interest in doing so.

Not a shocker that his party backs him up today.  They weren't objective and had no interest in being so.

Party, first is the norm in this country.  I'm not surprised.  I said it before yesterday, our elected officials don't give a single solitary **** about us.  They're great salespeople, they pull the wool over our eyes every few years and make us think they do.  

But they don't.  Today is another example.  

Party, first.

Party, first.

Party, first.

• Like 2