Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

I said it before during net neutrality, I'll say it again.  Our leaders don't care about us.  They do not give a single, solitary **** (rhymes with duck) about their constituents.  They sure do a great job of pretending they do, especially around the time where we have to ensure that they keep their jobs, but that's where it starts and stops.  

And we fall for it every single time.  They do not give a **** about anything other than getting their way and keeping their jobs.

Oh, vote for me because I'll promise you a bunch of **** and run a commercial where I'm wearing a nice button down shirt with my sleeves rolled up looking like an average relatable Joe and pretending to listen to people while standing outside their middle class home because I fight for the common man.  **** you, vote for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Not much different than you or Trump or any of the rest of the GOP identifying as Republicans.

Tis election time, I get to go back to independent.:kickcan:

• Haha 1

I was kinda disgusted at Lindsay Graham's reaction to getting booed yesterday when he was talking about Kavanaugh.  That's the level of disrespect the elected officials have for the citizens.  God forbid there were any South Carolinians were in the crowd that he's supposed to represent and serve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I was kinda disgusted at Lindsay Graham's reaction to getting booed yesterday when he was talking about Kavanaugh.  That's the level of disrespect the elected officials have for the citizens.  God forbid there were any South Carolinians were in the crowd that he's supposed to represent and serve.

Of course.  Lindsey Graham just gave a brief insight to how they feel about us.  That's how they feel but they can't show it because they need us to keep their jobs.  

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He's forever tarnished by this nomination. There really is no walking away from how the current GOP comports themselves. The GOP will forever be define by anti-intellectualism, racist, bullying, anti-science, and above all, party before country. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Thanks 1

So these Senators are supposed to go into a room and review a 1000 page document and come out with a well educated opinion in the short amount of time they were given? 

I've never liked votes where Congress people either werent obligated to read the supporting documentation or werent given enough time to read the supporting documentation they were tasked with voting on.

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

We don't need the FBI to reach conclusions.  We need them to gather all the knowable facts.  I'd be interested to see if they gathered facts surrounding that July 1st party, Judge's safeway employment timeline, Dr. Ford's position on the second exit on the house, witness statements regarding Yale incident and Swetnick accusation (is there a corroborating witness or not?) 

i would be curious about those things as well. 

interesting about the second door, and how it relates to the fear of flying that 'prevents' (the word mitchell used in her report) her from flying. the reason given for both is claustrophobia caused by this event. yet, both appear to not actually be an issue in her life- and i say appear because both may be a real issue and the inconsistencies in both accounts could have plausible explanations if she were asked. (she could take sedatives to fly, and even if the room is now rented out, as it appears to be, the bedroom she sleeps in could have a second exit). we just to have enough information to know. some would say the child like style of speaking could indicate something, including childhood sexual abuse. 

i posted yesterday that i saw an interview with a friend of BK who apparently knew him as a kid and said the july 1 thing referred to a guy named timmy and timmy lived in rockville in a towhouse, but i don't know if anyone followed up and fact checking that. 

Edited by grego

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Kid swore up and down he had it, now they can't find it, or so I read.  

I know she shared medical records that state she told the doctors of the abuse but that is it.

One thing that is interesting is she hired someone who is friends with Ellison's opponent in the AG's race to rep her.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ah, right.  So she's not to be believed. 

It’s reported that both the woman and the son then they didn’t share it with the person tasked with investigating it. The other claim is that he emotionally abused her and it’s cited as “narcissistic abuse.” 

Almost immediately the Dems launches an investigation 

52 minutes ago, twa said:

Tis election time, I get to go back to independent.:kickcan:

I recall. The independent who voted down ballot...

because he wanted to be able say he didn’t vote for Trump...

while still voting for Trump.

HEY!! Remember that time you said you weren’t a Republican and then forgot you said it like two hours later and self-banned for a week after losing a bet. I petitioned the mods to create an annual forum holiday commemorating the occasion but they sleep on all my best ideas.

Twalloween or Twanksgiving?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1