Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I got this from an OP ED in USA today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/03/christine-blasey-ford-changing-memories-not-credible-kavanaugh-column/1497661002/

Short vs narrow stairwell doesn't seem contradictory to me (a stairwell could be both short and narrow).  And the "small family room" vs "small living room/family room-type area" doesn't seem like a change either.  

That's the change in her testimony or was there more to it than that? That feels petty. 

When the FBI investigates, they INVESTIGATE.

No half-assed "oh we don't need to interview key people and people coming forward saying they are witnesses" nonsense...

UNLESS, they are specifically prevented from doing their normal procedure.

It's amazing how quickly the right was and is willing to throw the FBI under the bus and execute a scam in plain sight.  There is a 0% chance that in a normal investigation they wouldn't have interviewed Brett and Ford.  That's literally the baseline for the whole investigation.

No one should buy this "oh they didn't need to" crap.  They were blocked from it, pure and simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I got this from an OP ED in USA today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/03/christine-blasey-ford-changing-memories-not-credible-kavanaugh-column/1497661002/

Short vs narrow stairwell doesn't seem contradictory to me (a stairwell could be both short and narrow).  And the "small family room" vs "small living room/family room-type area" doesn't seem like a change either.  But in any event, FBI going more in-depth and eliciting more detail from Dr. Ford in an attempt to corroborate or impeach her testimony should not be considered attacking the victim. That's obviously fair part of the investigative process.

TWA posted this clown op-ed a day or two ago. This is the same woman that said Dr. Ford self hypnotized herself. 

12 minutes ago, twa said:

They already investigated the house description, she changed it/had a different recollection after problems were pointed out.

even pointing this out will be called attacking the victim.

Oh, you are such a victim in all this. 

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I really dont think people understand what the FBI does.  Listen to Uncle Joe.  He knows.

We don't need the FBI to reach conclusions.  We need them to gather all the knowable facts.  I'd be interested to see if they gathered facts surrounding that July 1st party, Judge's safeway employment timeline, Dr. Ford's position on the second exit on the house, witness statements regarding Yale incident and Swetnick accusation (is there a corroborating witness or not?) 

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

We don't need the FBI to reach conclusions.  We need them to gather all the knowable facts.  I'd be interested to see if they gathered facts surrounding that July 1st party, Judge's safeway employment timeline, Dr. Ford's position on the second exit on the house, witness statements regarding Yale incident and Swetnick accusation (is there a corroborating witness or not?) 

From what I have heard, that info wont be released to the public. (ie, we wont know if the FBI investigated that)

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

From what I have heard, that info wont be released to the public. (ie, we wont know if the FBI investigated that)

It will be released via leak

probably namelessly

and that’s enough because we, as a people, are willing to put an enormous amount of credibility faith and trust in anonymous leaks when they confirm with what we already think     

I think it’s super dangerous but here we are. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I heard that too and I'm frankly skeptical as to whether anyone will be bold enough to leak info from the FBI report.  But I do think it should be released.  At the very least, interview notes should be released.  FBI released it for Hillary Clinton interview, so why not the interviews here?

• Like 1

Well, "conservatives" have demonstrated that as a group, they are comfortable promoting and celebrating men who sexually assault women.  This is pretty on brand for them.  I think he would be confirmed (and widely celebrated by the GOP base) even if Ford's attack was confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Many people just don't care.  They see the (relatively new, and far too late) emphasis on affirmative consent as an attack on their bedrock American values.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I heard that too and I'm frankly skeptical as to whether anyone will be bold enough to leak info from the FBI report.  But I do think it should be released.  At the very least, interview notes should be released.  FBI released it for Hillary Clinton interview, so why not the interviews here?

Different type of investigation from what I have heard.  This was never going to get the answers the left thought it would.  It was a fools errand from the beginning.  And no matter how often they were told that, they continued to ask for it.  And now that they've been shown that it was not going to give them what they wanted, all of a sudden it's now not enough.  I contend that they never wanted an FBI investigation per se.  They just wanted to do anything to stop the nomination.  It didnt matter that the FBI investigation was going to be what it was, at the moment they were calling for it it seemed like a great thing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hersh said:

TWA posted this clown op-ed a day or two ago. This is the same woman that said Dr. Ford self hypnotized herself. 

Oh, you are such a victim in all this. 

Clown ?

Sounds chauvinistic, when did you first start distrusting women????

I hate this. I hate how ****ed up people are in this country. This kangaroo court ass **** is so disgusting. What’s the end game here? Do they really think all this **** will make them happy. What do they want the world to look like? Is there even a vision behind all this destruction, corruption, and petty ass ****. 

Is all this really worth having all the money you want and people doing what you want? That **** isn’t going to make them happy. They’re too ****ing unhealthy to even know what happiness is. They’re just ****ing addicts to comfort and power. 

I hate that our our country is being controlled by these weak ass people. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Different type of investigation from what I have heard.  This was never going to get the answers the left thought it would.  It was a fools errand from the beginning.  And no matter how often they were told that, they continued to ask for it.  And now that they've been shown that it was not going to give them what they wanted, all of a sudden it's now not enough.  I contend that they never wanted an FBI investigation per se.  They just wanted to do anything to stop the nomination.  It didnt matter that the FBI investigation was going to be what it was, at the moment they were calling for it it seemed like a great thing.

Are you serious? What a joke.