Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

On 10/5/2018 at 3:52 PM, Fergasun said:

To be honest, more Democrats should have supported Gorsuch... there will be idealogical differences that they can nitpick on for elections... but that shouldn't prevent a well qualified judge who has opposite idealogy.

Sotomayor had 67 votes.
Kagan 63.
Garland never was given an up or down.
Gorsuch 54.
Kavanaugh 51.

See, I say that but the GOP absolutely didn't care about a well qualified Garland...

yes.... but the Gorsuch vote was very much shadowed by the Merrick Garland load of crap.... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

That is a non sequitur.  Primaries are not general elections.  If Obama ran for the Republican nomination in 2008, he'd have lost to John McCain.

Thanks to the Democrats for nominating the only person in politics who could lose to Trump!

So GOP primary candidates are not in politics?  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

That is a non sequitur.  Primaries are not general elections.  If Obama ran for the Republican nomination in 2008, he'd have lost to John McCain.

And if Obama ran for the Republican nomination against Trump, he’d have lost. And when Trump insulted John McCain, his poll numbers went up.

The reason Trump wiped the floor with those other candidates is because the GOP base has been radicalized into the cult of anti-intellectualism. They chose Trump. The GOP is the party of Trump. Republicanism is dead.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bearrock said:

So GOP primary candidates are not in politics?  

Primaries are not general elections.  They are 100% partisan.  Losing to someone in a primary does not mean you would lose to them in an actual election where independents and "the other side" actually come into play.  Hence the analogy about how Obama would lose to McCain for the Republican nomination, because of course he would, but history tells us he'd win an actual presidential election.

31 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Hence the analogy about how Obama would lose to McCain for the Republican nomination, because of course he would.

Right, because Obama is not a Republican. Kinda like how Kasich can’t beat Trump in a 2016 GOP primary because Kasich is an actual Republican and not a total piece of ****.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

What great questions to McConnell. It's hilarious how angry that made him. Got called out on all his BS. 

Haven't watched the video, but I'm already willing to bet that they didn't call him out on all of his BS.  

It's only a half hour show.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not sure who recommended she get on TV this weekend but it’s not helping her if she runs for re-election. I suggest people watch the 60 minutes segment from tonight. Heidi heidkamp came across great especially in contrast to Collins on the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Primaries are not general elections.  They are 100% partisan.  Losing to someone in a primary does not mean you would lose to them in an actual election where independents and "the other side" actually come into play.  Hence the analogy about how Obama would lose to McCain for the Republican nomination, because of course he would, but history tells us he'd win an actual presidential election.

Language matters.  Precision matters.  But if you meant to say the only person in politics who would lose to Trump in a general election, I guess we would all be speculating on that point.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yeah, I’m sure they’re lining up to come forward and be called liars, paid, sluts all while having the most traumatic experience of their lives discussed every day only so in the end they can see nothing happen to their assaulters 

6 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

There is a possibility that Maine is going Republican.  Trump barely lost Maine.  Frankly, I don't trust that state just as I don't trust the Rust Belt states.  Susan Collins probably thinks Maine is trending red.  Look at their governor.  

Susan Rice mentioned she would run. I’d love that. She can put it on Collins all day 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

There is a possibility that Maine is going Republican.  Trump barely lost Maine.  Frankly, I don't trust that state just as I don't trust the Rust Belt states.  Susan Collins probably thinks Maine is trending red.  Look at their governor.  

Nah, Maine will snap back. LePage and Collins have really been showing their asses. With ranked choice it's going to be harder to have spoilers. You will have to get 50 to win now. I didn't see any recent polls for Maine but I'd be surprised if Dems didn't take the Governor's mansion. Also, Susan Collins is pretty much dead to any one who leans left. No more splitting tickets cause she's a "moderate." Her seat is vulnerable and it's going to be a Presidential year. She's gonna retire.

30 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I just got back from Maine. That state is beautiful but it’s whiter than a Klan/Trump rally. 

There’s been a large influx of younger people in the Portland area but most of the population is in the affluent coastal region (read: old rich white people). And the rest of the state is very rural. Did I mention how many white people there are? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I just got back from Maine. That state is beautiful but it’s whiter than a Klan/Trump rally. 

There’s been a large influx of younger people in the Portland area but most of the population is in the affluent coastal region (read: old rich white people). And the rest of the state is very rural. Did I mention how many white people there are? 

Not trying to be a jerk when I ask....what did you expect?  :806:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, I’m sure they’re lining up to come forward and be called liars, paid, sluts all while having the most traumatic experience of their lives discussed every day only so in the end they can see nothing happen to their assaulters  

God I can't stand to listen to her stupid shilling.  Backhanded victim blaming and then trying to cover it up with fake ass lip service support for the me too movement.  Trying desperately to damage control after betraying the women of this country.  Her little speech during the vote made my stomach turn.  She's a pathetic coward and she needs to go.  Beyond her, the right wing showed how disgusting their attitudes about sexually assaulted women who do speak out are.  I'm not surprised.  If anything, I expected the paid actor slut talk to start sooner in the process.  In a sane country, Lindsey Graham losing his mind over this would get that piece of **** drummed out of office but it's not even a blip on the radar in the era of Trump.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, bearrock said:

Language matters.  Precision matters.  But if you meant to say the only person in politics who would lose to Trump in a general election, I guess we would all be speculating on that point.

It should have been quite clear it was referring to presidential election since that was the thing that Clinton ran against Trump in.  Otherwise you're opening it up to any and every competition including a hot dog eating contest, which is clearly not what we are talking about.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

It should have been quite clear it was referring to presidential election since that was the thing that Clinton ran against Trump in.  Otherwise you're opening it up to any and every competition including a hot dog eating contest, which is clearly not what we are talking about.

My money would still be on Trump.  I bet he could put down a couple dozen.  Clinton would tap out at 10.

• Haha 1