Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

I wouldn't trust the Dems to trot these people out with their stories. It'll fall back on them. If it comes out, they should say that it's sad and refer questions to the FBI and Admin. That's it. Otherwise, it'll blow-up in their faces. No doubt. 

It's like the Dave Chappelle skit on R. Kelly. All the items of proof still won't be enough. 

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I want a complete investigation into all of it.  We all should  Let the chips fall where they may and hold everyone accountable for their actions (or inactions).

A lot of people agree. But until the people who could do something about it are in power (if that happens), it only helps protect him.

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

A lot of people agree. But until the people who could do something about it are in power (if that happens), it only helps protect him.

The Dems are going to take over the House.  That's enough to get it going.  Plus I expect reporters to dive in deep.  What I think we will see though is nothing done from an official Govt entity, because it's far better politically to complain and point fingers than it is to do something, but stories in multiple papers that will be ignored and gone in a couple of news cycles.

24 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I want a complete investigation into all of it.

Into what?  

Whether he attempted to rape somebody 30 years ago?  That will never be proven either way, and we all knew it from the start.  

Whether he lied under oath about whether he was ever drunk?  

Just now, Larry said:

Into what?  

Whether he attempted to rape somebody 30 years ago?  That will never be proven either way, and we all knew it from the start.  

Whether he lied under oath about whether he was ever drunk?  

All of it.  It cant be proven, but more evidence can be uncovered.  And yes, if he lied under oath.  And it he shoved his dick into Ramirez face, and if he drugged and gang raped girls at multiple parties.  And if any of the allegations were known to be false and promoted anyway.  And if any member of the Senate or their staff broke the law. etc etc etc.

All of it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The Dems are going to take over the House.  That's enough to get it going.  Plus I expect reporters to dive in deep.  What I think we will see though is nothing done from an official Govt entity, because it's far better politically to complain and point fingers than it is to do something, but stories in multiple papers that will be ignored and gone in a couple of news cycles.

My fear is that any investigation will be understood through such a political lens that no matter what they discover that it will be dismissed and seen as falsehood and motivated by revenge. I think that very likely because the right have launched so many false investigations (Benghazi, Whitewater, etc.) simply to rile the troops that they will think that's what the other side does too.

Yet, that has not been the left's style. The left did not investigate the very real questions into Iraq (whether used disproven intelligence in the march to war). They have not in the past actually sought out witch hunts as have Republicans, opting instead for peace. A peace that was never appreciated or reciprocated.

• Sad 1

If the Dems take the House and dont investigate, it will look like they arent interested in finding the truth, but rather just wanted the stain that a threat of investigation could cast on Kavanaugh.  If both sides fear an investigation, then shame on us all for not doing one.  And if neither side does, then it should be easy to finish without an appearance of impropriety.

14 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the Dems take the House and dont investigate, it will look like they arent interested in finding the truth, but rather just wanted the stain that a threat of investigation could cast on Kavanaugh.  If both sides fear an investigation, then shame on us all for not doing one.  And if neither side does, then it should be easy to finish without an appearance of impropriety.

So, in other words, lose-lose. 

They lose by by being accused of being political hacks if they don’t investigate and the same if they do. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

My fear is that any investigation will be understood through such a political lens that no matter what they discover that it will be dismissed and seen as falsehood and motivated by revenge. I think that very likely because the right have launched so many false investigations (Benghazi, Whitewater, etc.) simply to rile the troops that they will think that's what the other side does too.

Yet, that has not been the left's style. The left did not investigate the very real questions into Iraq (whether used disproven intelligence in the march to war). They have not in the past actually sought out witch hunts as have Republicans, opting instead for peace. A peace that was never appreciated or reciprocated.

They should set up an independent investigation, though it will obviously be attacked anyway, it will be better than if they do it themselves.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, visionary said:

They should set up an independent investigation with, though it will obviously be attacked anyway, it will be better than if they do it themselves.

Right now there could be video of him drunk driving in 2018, running over somebody and fleeing the scene, and it would be called a hoax.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, in other words, lose-lose. 

They lose by by being accused of being political hacks if they don’t investigate and the same if they do. 

Yes.  Having an investigation could hurt the Dems.  Should that matter?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the Dems take the House and dont investigate, it will look like they arent interested in finding the truth, but rather just wanted the stain that a threat of investigation could cast on Kavanaugh.

Yea, I am certain that some will say that.  

I'm also certain that if they do investigate, it will be labeled as a political witch hunt.  

I'm also certain that there will be considerable overlap between the two groups.  

----

I'm also certain that "investigate all of it" is both impossible to achieve, and incredible overkill to even attempt. 

Edited by Larry

Just now, Larry said:

Yea, I am certain that some will say that.  

I'm also certain that if they do investigate, it will be labeled as a political witch hunt.  

I'm also certain that there will be considerable overlap between the two groups.  

I think the odds are that an investigation will hurt the GOP and BK and not the Dems.  I just think it's important to get all of the information out.   I really dont understand why anyone would NOT want it all out.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Unfortunately, the American people have been labeled "mob rule"...

We, supported by our fellow countrymen/women, have been written off. 

What the people want is no longer important.