Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

11 minutes ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

I’m proud of Brett Kavanaugh for being brave and standing up against false accusations and not folding. President Trump is doing exactly what he promised a conversative Supreme Court for a generation and the strongest economy in US history. What a great day!

First he praises Bruce now Kavanaugh ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zoony said:

What is your standard for perjury?  To prove it I mean. Be specific. 

Question for the room even. 

My standard for perjury?

Lying under oath about material matters. Kavanaugh on that basis is guilty of multiple counts of perjury. Whether it is about his drinking history, his drinking age, his "drinking" games, his never knowingly handing over sensitive papers to screw over Democrats, etc. etc. etc.

Just now, Burgold said:

My standard for perjury?

Lying under oath about material matters. Kavanaugh on that basis is guilty of multiple counts of perjury. Whether it is about his drinking history, his drinking age, his "drinking" games, his never knowingly handing over sensitive papers to screw over Democrats, etc. etc. etc.

Oh I see then, he’s a confirmed liar

funny people are talking about kids in this thread. My kids will grow up in an America where the burden of proof exists for all accusers. For that I am grateful

I mean, as impressive as twitter trials are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

What is your standard for perjury?  To prove it I mean. Be specific. 

Question for the room even. 

Oh, I don't know....

Saying you didn't watch your accusers testimony when there were reports that directly contradict that

Saying you made it to Yale Law on your own merits and had no ties to the school when you clearly had legacy ties

Saying the girl you were accused of forcing yourself on didn't travel in your circles when she was dating a friend of yours

Saying you never were highly drunk when plenty of others who knew you said you were

Saying you never threw up from drinking when you're part of the "Ralph Club" and then pretending you've always had a weak stomach no matter what

Saying a Devils Triangle is a drinking game, then when asked for specifics saying it's a quarters game, then asking the person questioning you if they've ever played a quarters game when a quick google search can tell you otherwise

Saying "boofing" is a term for flatulence when a quick google search can tell you otherwise

When asked a yes/no question, dodging it and then reminding everyone that you worked hard, were the captain of the team and got into Yale

In this particular situation (not a criminal case) I think these are all pretty specific examples that should count.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can trivialize it, but that's the legal definition. Hell, that's the definition the Republicans used to impeach a sitting President... except the question about Clinton's sexual relations was not material in any way to Whitewater.

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

funny people are talking about kids in this thread. My kids will grow up in an America where the burden of proof exists for all accusers. For that I am grateful

Burden of proof does exist.  It's just not beyond reasonable doubt unless you're a criminal defendant.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zoony said:

As long as they're cool with a jug on one elbow and a gun on the other, right? 

It's an important position. It deserves more attention, and if the whole country got all worked up, TRY ANOTHER DUDE...not like y'all would even begin to think of a woman.

Thanks for playing. 

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Burden of proof does exist.  It's just not beyond reasonable doubt unless you're a criminal defendant.  

We should demand more from our accusers

namely, date, time, location might be good. Nobody is asking for a reasonable doubt. I think just reasonable. 

Now we are whining about how women accusers will never be believed??  Anyone been paying attention these last 13 months?

#drama queens

1 minute ago, zoony said:

namely, date, time, location might be good. Nobody is asking for a reasonable doubt. I think just reasonable. 

Entirely separate issue from perjury. For what it's worth, Kavanaugh almost certainly perjured himself on the first go around too when talking about his time as a political operative and his mishandling of sensitive documents.

• Like 1

So how much to trigger more than a week long investigation where nine people are interviewed and large number of voluntary witnesses are not? 

I'm inclined to agree with you here, there does need to be a burden of proof for an accuser.  Yes, the court of public opinion is too powerful and too quick to judge and make up their minds.  Guilt in the court of public opinion is already made up the second a story breaks and "innocent until proven guilty" has been thrown out the window a long, long time ago, especially in the #metoo era.

But as pointed out before, this wasn't a criminal case.  Kavanaugh still lied about things other than the alleged (oh my God, I said alleged, I am evil for not taking Ford's word for it ?) WHILE UNDER OATH that make him someone that committed perjury.  

The fact that the FBI didn't interview his former Yale classmates who had made strong statements to the press about the Kavanaugh they knew compared to how Kavanaugh portrayed himself is an absolute farce.  That's the only evidence anyone has after all of this.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

I’m proud of Brett Kavanaugh for being brave and standing up against false accusations and not folding. President Trump is doing exactly what he promised a conversative Supreme Court for a generation and the strongest economy in US history. What a great day!

Somebody ate the onion

22 minutes ago, zoony said:

For trials, yes

job interviews? No so much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It ****ing sucks that they gotta call him "honorable".

I'm going to do my best to say it with a really bad British accent

Look mate, 'ere comes, the 'orrible Bart O'Kavaboof. Cheers to im... the most orrible of 'em all!

• Haha 3