Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

everyone wonders who will be the guy who decides to engage seriously and attempt to  flesh out nerm's synopsis a bit?

who's that guy?

i wish we could make an instant pool

:evil::P

i keed i keed

36 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I don't use things like Twitter, Facebook, etc.  So, I don't know what people are saying.  But I expect that people are upset that Fauci was receiving emails suggesting that covid showed markers that were more consistent with being created in a lab rather than evolving naturally.  Also, that Fauci had a part in the "gain of function" research that may have created the virus.  So, I would guess that "Trumpers" are upset about being called racist conspiracy nuts for suggesting  the possibility of covid being created in a lab, when Fauci knew about this stuff and didn't say anything.

I’d venture a guess that Fauci received an incredible amount of e-mails that said all sorts of things, and that evolved or changed over time.  I’m not sure why anyone, on any side of the aisle, would expect Fauci to relay every piece of information he received.

So if that’s all it is, consider me unmoved.  “Suggest possibilities”. That’s probably the  mildest term you can use for the average Trumper.  More like routinely suggest via keyboard rage or with a bullhorn, all democrats are the stupidest people on earth, yet brilliant enough to run the entire world and masterfully foil the great GOP’s attempts to MAGA.

Trumpers are called racist conspiracy nuts for so many legitimate reasons, that their opinion on Fauci doesn’t even register. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

everyone wonders who will be the guy who decides to engage seriously and attempt to  flesh out nerm's synopsis a bit?

who's that guy?

i wish we could make an instant pool

:evil::P

i keed i keed

Honestly, I don't really want to go any further than what I said.  I don't know if covid came from nature or a lab.  I was never a Trump supporter.  I despise the man.  I don't have any desire to try to convince anyone that it is possible Trump was right about anything.  I just tried to answer the question about why Trumpers might be upset.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Trumpers are called racist conspiracy nuts for so many legitimate reasons, that their opinion on Fauci doesn’t even register.  So there’s no bypassing that.

MAGA:  “Hillary Clinton and a cabal of lefty globalists are pedophiles and eat babies in a DC pizza shop and Donald Trump is the only person in the world trying to stop him and we know this because an anonymous guy on 4Chan tells us and caravans are coming to kill us and hydrochloroquin cures everything and the election was rigged and the January 6 insurrection was antifa, but Covid came from a lab so SEE WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Has anyone parsed through the Fauci FOIA emails?

By the posts of the Trumpers on my feed, one would think he admitted to eating a baby.  Par for the course with the Trumpers, but aim curious what has them riled up, as I haven’t really seen or heard anything about it, besides their rambling.

I suspect the Maga troll machine is so focused on questioning the origin of covid19 solely because of how horribly their masters handled the pandemic. Deflect, blame, question, deflect. 

• Like 2

Her’s a timeline of lab leak information. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/25/timeline-how-wuhan-lab-leak-theory-suddenly-became-credible/

This story was written nearly a year ago and persuasively argued that it was a lab leak. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-hold-beijing-accountable-for-the-coronavirus-11595976973

I don’t understand how any of this helps Trump supporters feel exonerated. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

There is no evidence — not a smidgen — for the claim that COVID-19 originated in a laboratory in China or anywhere else, or that the China lab ever had the virus in its inventory. There’s even less for the wildest version of the claim, which is that the virus was deliberately engineered. There never has been, and there isn’t now.

No one disputes that a lab leak is possible. Viruses have escaped from laboratories in the past, on occasion leading to human infection. But “zoonotic” transfers — that is, from animals to humans — are a much more common and well-documented pathway.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-06-03/lab-leak-covid-origin

2 hours ago, China said:

From what I saw they're jumping on him about an email in Feb 2020 where he recommended to somebody not to wear a mask.  Not sure what the context was.  I'm sure they're going on about every perceived imperfection.

Was in the room when the stupids had the conversation at work and this is about all of it. 

Young totally not conservative woman that doesnt believe in voting: DID YOU READ FAUCIS EMAILS!? 

Older totally conservative woman but def doesnt get news from fox: His emails? 

Young: Yea he admitted not wanting masks in the beginning!!!! 

Me: He also said thank you a lot, and talked about how tired he was....

Old: >_>

Young: >_>

Me: >_< 

Young: Yea but he admitted the thing about the masks!!! Like WTF!

Old: Yea but he already said all that in public right? 

Young: Yea but now its in his emails

Me: .......

Old:.......

Young: But yea it was crazy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Was in the room when the stupids had the conversation at work and this is about all of it. 

I've seen bits and pieces of this already....I read his emails and I was looking for what they found so shocking. It makes me laugh because it shows how they clearly weren't paying any attention to the information coming out and context of why he didn't want people to go out and hoard masks and PPE when we needed them for front line workers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I've seen bits and pieces of this already....I read his emails and I was looking for what they found so shocking. It makes me laugh because it shows how they clearly weren't paying any attention to the information coming out and context of why he didn't want people to go out and hoard masks and PPE when we needed them for front line workers

Yeah I remember when they were at first encouraging people to not go out and hoard masks because they weren't sure at the time that they would help that much and they were worried about PPE for front line workers running out.

Understanding of phenomena in science evolves over time, as Fauci has said himself. But trying to bring up subtleties of science to most Trumpers is akin to trying to teach coding to a goldfish. A super angry and narcissistic goldfish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

If it's like most things, they haven't read the emails.  

They've heard people quote four words cherry picked out of an email, who then spent 15 minutes telling them what they should think about it.  

See:  Mueller Report.  

• Like 6

"We aren't ruling out 100% that there is a tiny possibility, despite no actual currently available evidence, that it might have been a lab leak because until we know for certain it would be irresponsible to do so" is what people are latching onto to say, "SEE, TRUMP WAS RIGHT!"

Edited by NoCalMike

I truly don't understand why it would be hard to believe the Chinese built it and leaked it. The last SARS disease that originated in the same place was bad, but easily killed due to how it worked within th body. This one is basically the same, but it is much harder to kill because either IT learned how to become more resistant to treatments, or somebody built it to be that. 

They don't care if it kills a million of their people, they have never cared a whit about anybody but those at the very tops of their food chains. 
It caused panic in the west, sent economies into a tailspin, furthered the divide in this country (which they then helped along with disinformation campaigns), they knew that the Trump admin would botch every step of what needed to be done, and they did. They knew it would be politicized and cause extreme chaos in the US, and it was and it did. I mean it doesn't take a genius to predict that.
the Chinese do provocative **** all the time and then deny it with a wink that says "what are you going to do about it?"
Because what ARE you going to do?
Invade them?

Right now they are really pushing things in the South China sea to the point that the Australian government said a few weeks ago that "war is inevitable." INEVITABLE.
, and for the first time they have a port that allows them to project their power beyond their usual haunts. They recently completed a pier in Djibouti large enough to dock their biggest carrier, and allow them access to middle east waters, and the strategic implications thereof.
 Last month they commissioned 3 new warships in a single day, one of which is a helicopter carrier that can practically beach itself and pour out invading troops and materiel.
Just 3 days ago they flew 16 paratroop transport jets so close to Malaysian airspace that the Malays scrambled fighter jets, and are now demanding answers... to which the Chinese said "That wasn't us" despite numerous photos of their planes. After being pressed they changed their tune to "we weren't as close as you say".. despite radar evidence, pilot evidence, all evidence.  

Their entire attitude is "**** off", and their entire aim is now to project themselves into the dominant world power roles that we have held. 

Don't be so partisan in your own politics to not see an enemy for what it is, and do not ever ever ever underestimate what they will do. They are not our friends by any stretch of the imagination.  The potential they did do this is very real.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Releasing a virus in rural China to destabilize the economy in Iowa just doesn’t seem to work for me.

IDK...

I'm not sure why not. It got to Iowa pretty fast. And it turned our country and every other western country on it's head.
we are totally vulnerable, especially during the Trump admin,, we can't come together on any issue at all. Think they don't know that?
We're practically destabilized as it is.. to keep prying at the weakness is what an enemy does.
Perhaps the release wasn't expected where it happened, but to think they could not have engineered it .. I don't know how it's so hard to believe.

~Bang

Edited by Bang