Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

1 hour ago, Bang said:

My money is trump's pants have an elastic waistband, and no need for a fly because he clearly wears a diaper 

Which looks full.

~Bang

People talk about adult diapers, girdles, lifts in his shoes. Probably all of the above. What's amazing is how someone who is obsessed with how things look, unable to get suits that hide all his physical deficiencies. Baggy, sloppy, poor fitting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Complex emergent systems.  Its a tweener field that means I have papers ranging from turbulent phenomenon to infrastructure analysis.  Hell...even slummed it with some economists for a while and have a published economics paper or two (who doesn't).  Currently working a number of directions including Machine Learning and AI.

Awesome.   I know the general meaning of several of those words.

This is a little off topic, but I need some input from a physicist.  I like sci-fi stories.  I was thinking that if I wrote a story about time travel or faster than light space travel, I could throw in the phrase "We learned how to stabilize an Einstein-Rosen bridge" as a sufficient explanation for everything else that happens in the story.  Do you think most non-physicists would think that was a good enough explanation?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Removal requires 2/3 of the Senate. So the QOP can try to do something if they regain the House, but it's a nothingburger. 

yes.. but the GOP will do this anyway... just to deligitimize the "witch hunt" against  trump.   

the GOP really sucks donkey nuts to the core now......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerm said:

Awesome.   I know the general meaning of several of those words.

This is a little off topic, but I need some input from a physicist.  I like sci-fi stories.  I was thinking that if I wrote a story about time travel or faster than light space travel, I could throw in the phrase "We learned how to stabilize an Einstein-Rosen bridge" as a sufficient explanation for everything else that happens in the story.  Do you think most non-physicists would think that was a good enough explanation?

Throw in a flux capacitor and you’ll be fine, Doc. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

This is assuming you can generate 1.21 gigawatts of course.

Child's play!

Get a pair of these and walk really really fast:

783774591_download(13).jpeg.9f8e14a45d550674e3e363450f954c46.jpeg

The resultant friction should easily build enough charge to top 1.21 gigawatts...assuming the diaper is empty anyway.

• Haha 2

On 6/5/2021 at 10:20 PM, China said:

how do the Q and maga losers square him considering running for a house seat when he’s supposed to be reinstated in August and the military is actually running the country until he is back in?

also, the idea of him running and becoming speaker is pretty terrifying imo. It won’t get Biden removed but he can dominate the spotlight for 2 years until he runs again in 2024 and muck up everything with investigations and vengeful conspiracy bull****. Making him speaker also puts himself on the ballot for 2022 which all but assures a total Dem wipeout of the house and turnout that takes the senate as well. 

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

how do the Q and maga losers square him considering running for a house seat when he’s supposed to be reinstated in August and the military is actually running the country until he is back in?

also, the idea of him running and becoming speaker is pretty terrifying imo. It won’t get Biden removed but he can dominate the spotlight for 2 years until he runs again in 2024 and muck up everything with investigations and vengeful conspiracy bull****. Making him speaker also puts himself on the ballot for 2022 which all but assures a total Dem wipeout of the house and turnout that takes the senate as well. 

Trump is not running for Congress. Trump hates doing actual work which is what the Speaker actually has to do. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Trump is not running for Congress. Trump hates doing actual work which is what the Speaker actually has to do. 

the president has work to do too and he never did that. That doesn’t mean anything, he will just have McCarthy do the work and he will run around with his investigations and daily press conferences as the figurehead. 

The only reason he wouldn’t do it because the house position is beneath him. 

There are a lot of benefits to him doing it though. He also wouldn't hehe to run. He’s have a safe red district where all he has to do is announce, hold one rally for fun and it’s over. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

the president has work to do too and he never did that. That doesn’t mean anything, he will just have McCarthy do the work and he will run around with his investigations and daily press conferences as the figurehead. 

The only reason he wouldn’t do it because the house position is beneath him. 

There are a lot of benefits to him doing it though. He also wouldn't hehe to run. He’s have a safe red district where all he has to do is announce, hold one rally for fun and it’s over. 

Everytime you create some crazy scenario in your mind, see the above statement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In response to that Salon article? Yes.  Trump is an avatar.  Nothing about the guy is policy-based. (besides maybe tax policy that enriches himself and his peers)  Sure, those around him will take advantage of his support by throwing bills and legislation in front of him to sign. (that is the trade-off for putting up with him as a human being) however for Trump himself it is just the title of President and how it feeds the ego.  Those 4 years felt like a never-ending nightmare, and it will never go away as far as history goes.  It will always be there that Donald Trump.....was elected President of the United States.  We are barely half a year into Biden's presidency yet it already feels uncanny and odd that Donald Trump was actually the President, just imagine once we are 10 years removed. 

• Like 1

are you kidding ...it was MORE shocking in 2016, by a million miles.

It was a joke that he even considered running.

it was a joke that he was actually competitive in the GOP primary

it was a shock that he won the GOP primary.

IT WAS AN UNBELIEVABLE KICK IN THE NADS THAT HE WON ....  

everything after that was just numbingly wtf...still...?  more...?  wtf?????

in case you forget what it was like...?   EVERYBODY thought this way in 2011.  EVERYONE.   Dems?  yes.  Republicans???  YES.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

Everytime you create some crazy scenario in your mind, see the above statement. 

People said that about the Presidency before Trump got the job. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I expect impeachment to be the norm now; when the other party has house.   It doesn't matter that their will no be conviction and removal in the Senate; they will do it anyway.

Salon.com: Donald Trump is an idea, not a man — and that's why his movement is so dangerous

Didn’t you also say there will be no more elections after 2024 a few pages ago?  So which is it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

People said that about the Presidency before Trump got the job. 

If y'all want to believe Trump is gonna become a Congressman that's fine. I would bet he's more likely to be indicted than be elected at anything again. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If y'all want to believe Trump is gonna become a Congressman that's fine. I would bet he's more likely to be indicted than be elected at anything again. 

I doubt he runs for any office again, but it’s not because he thinks he’d have to work too much. He wouldn’t have to lift a finger if he didn’t want to. It’s not like MJT or Whatsherface Bobbert are putting in long hours in the office grinding out that legislation. They tweet a few grievances and call it a day. And they’re freshman nobodies. He’s the undisputed leader of the whole damn party. 

Trump won’t run for anything, including President, because he already has what he wants. Attention and people groveling at his feet. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump won’t run for anything

I agree...but a natural follow up question is "which Trump?"...cause I can see, given the ex-Presidents age, a concerted push to establish a dynasty with his offspring.  In particular his daughter.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

If he even runs, it will be a scam to make money and get attention.  

But then, so was his first one.  

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Didn’t you also say there will be no more elections after 2024 a few pages ago?  So which is it?

If Trump is the nominee in 24; there won’t be. The gop will steal the election. Trump will then use the military to crush those oppose to his installation. Dictatorship starts in 25; so there won’t be any elections after that.