Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

From what I have been reading (which makes me no kind of authority on the issue of course) stuff like covid is out there in the world, and the major saving grace is that most of the time viruses circulating animals cannot jump to humans, but once in awhile the mutate in a way that allows them to jump to humans.

As far as the lab stuff, quite frankly, I am fine with any investigations being done in order to get a confirmation on it's origin, but what I can do without is all the blustering by right-wing media trying to create a specific narrative based on.....nothing.  As of now there is no compelling evidence to say it was "created in a lab."  It doesn't mean 60 days from now it will be ruled out, but I prefer to wait for hard reliable evidence of such things. China is nefarious for many things, but excuse me if I don't automatically buy into this theory just because it happens to be China.  

• Like 3

The last two pages are a good demonstration why AAPI people are being attacked on the street (that and most Americans cannot differentiate someone being from China/Japan/Korea/Phillipines, etc). 

There is absolutely nothing that backs up the dangerous allegations of biological warfare by China. But sure, let's say we wouldn't put it pass them.🙄

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

There is absolutely nothing that backs up the dangerous allegations of biological warfare by China. But sure, let's say we wouldn't put it pass them.🙄

Normally im with you but you dont understand why people would be willing to believe China would dabble in biological warfare? You really have no idea why people would be willing to believe that? 

There is a big biiiiig step between believing something is possible and punching randoms in the street. Thats going pretty far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Considering the US military/government has had a long

sordid history of testing and using biological weapons on American citizens, it's probably more likely we (or should I say Maga) did it than China.

But I don't go around supposing that. To me, the danger lies in alleging biological warfare happened without an iota of evidence. 

Investigations are always warranted. Accusations not as much. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Considering the US military/government has had a long

sordid history of testing and using biological weapons on American citizens, it's probably more likely we (or should I say Maga) did it than China.

But I don't go around supposing that. To me, the danger lies in alleging biological warfare happened without an iota of evidence. 

Investigations are always warranted. Accusations not as much. 

i think that is crap.   Trump sucks, and sucked... but putting his administration on an even spitting level with the PRC is idiotic.   there is a WORD OF DIFFERENCE between the institutional  quality of the oversight and checks and balances in teh US versus those in China, an it is frankly dangerously reckless even pretending like they are in the same universe. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Then you throw in the apparent reluctance of the Chinese to cooperate and help determine where it started (starting with the incorrect story that it originated in the market to blaming us for making it, releasing it, and spreading it there, etc.)

Just pointing out, again, that it's believable that China responded to the outbreak by covering up and blaming somebody else, because that's what politicians do. Especially politicians who have propaganda machines in the toolbox. 

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

From what I have been reading (which makes me no kind of authority on the issue of course) stuff like covid is out there in the world, and the major saving grace is that most of the time viruses circulating animals cannot jump to humans, but once in awhile the mutate in a way that allows them to jump to humans.

As far as the lab stuff, quite frankly, I am fine with any investigations being done in order to get a confirmation on it's origin, but what I can do without is all the blustering by right-wing media trying to create a specific narrative based on.....nothing.  As of now there is no compelling evidence to say it was "created in a lab."  It doesn't mean 60 days from now it will be ruled out, but I prefer to wait for hard reliable evidence of such things. China is nefarious for many things, but excuse me if I don't automatically buy into this theory just because it happens to be China.  

And yeah, I find "lab accident" to be a believable scenario, too. 

And, I'm not really concerned if that's what happened. If that's where it came from, it's really not going to affect my opinions of things, well, at all. 

Dumbass.    Not only does she not realize how quickly mRNA will biodegrade, but she's unaware that an Environmental Assessment is required as part of the approval process, so that the filings for full approval for the vaccines will include the necessary info regarding impact of mRNA from the vaccine into the environment.  The FDA has regulations and guidance documents that cover these requirements.  Additionally, at the end of the approval process the FDA will either issue a EIS (Environmental Impact Statement) describing any potential impact to the environment, or alternately a FONSI (Finding of No Significant Impact).

14 hours ago, Dan T. said:

What is the supposed end game of China purposefully releasing a deadly virus, first on its own people and then the World? What do the conspiracy spinners say?

The results were obvious. Economic upheavals, destabilize the US further. It killed over half a million of us. These things happened. 

As far as their own people.. they don't care. After all, yesterday is the anniversary of them running their own people over with tanks. Prior to COVID Hong Kong was embroiled in enormous protests and violent confrontations, and that quieted down immediately.

I don't think it is much of a leap in logic when it comes to them. They have demonstrated for decades how ruthless their ruling class is, and how it operates, we have had 2 wars with them in which they fought entirely through proxies. 

~Bang

Bang, your proof that China planned all this in advance is "Look at the results, and then assume that China knew in advance that every one of those results would happen."  

If China releases the virus into their own population, it's not even guaranteed that the virus escapes China.  (Might be pretty likely, but any predictions beyond that, they couldn't possibly know.)  

• Like 2

Honestly, I have not seen much speculation that Covid was a biological weapon, or was intentionally released.  Saying that the virus was created in a lab does not mean that it was a weapon or was meant to harm anyone.  The jury is out about if it was even created vs evolving on its own in nature.

If it was created, it most likely was done so to help us learn how to defeat such a virus and prevent the kind of pandemic that we ended up with.  There is also a possibility that the research was supported by American funding of "gain of function" research.  I would hope our intelligence agencies would recommend against funding projects at the Wuhan lab if it was suspected that China was researching biological weapons development there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Larry said:

Bang, your proof that China planned all this in advance is "Look at the results, and then assume that China knew in advance that every one of those results would happen."  

If China releases the virus into their own population, it's not even guaranteed that the virus escapes China.  (Might be pretty likely, but any predictions beyond that, they couldn't possibly know.)  

I'm not saying anything is proof. A t all. I think it entirely possible, and I think it is plausible. I think if we didn't leave open the possibility until there is something of a definitive answer would be short sighted. And I think that to wave it off because our right wing crazy factories are bellowing is to be as ignorant as they are in their absolute conviction that is what happened.

Some here may know, my wife is Chinese.. so I hope no one is reading racism into my posts here.. people being attacked is no reason to not seek the truth, whatever it may be. That is a whole other problem, one that may hit my family directly and that I do worry about.

Peter made his usual excellent and factual argument with the traits of the disease not showing evidence of manufacture, and that is taken to heart. Please understand, I am not just bellowing " they did it because they are bad" but they are bad, and the possibility should be investigated. I am fully allowing for the possibility that they did not, after all some of the other arguments present puzzles that don't seem to have logical answers. But I don't think we can rule it out just yet.

And also,, even if it is true, there isn't much that can be done about it other than to know.

The argument above that we have tested and created biological weapons is a 2 sided sword. If we do, it stands to reason our enemies create them too.

We can move to the other thread of folks want, but for my points there really isn't much left to say that hasn't been said here. And, I am always willing to listen and reflect on opinions and facts contrary to my stance. Learning I am wrong is not an affront to me, especially here. I've been talking with you folks a long time, and the main reason I do is because it is a smart group that has taugtht me a lot over the years.

~Bang

• Like 2

Oh, if your position is "We shouldn't simply dismiss the notion of intentional release with a 'Oh, they wouldn't do that', then I completely agree with you.  

China is perfectly capable of unleashing a lethal virus on their own population, and killing millions of them.  Without any hesitation.  

But "there's no logical reason why they would choose to release it in their own country" is also a valid point.  And "Well, look, it harmed the rest of the world, anyway" doesn't make an intentional release within China any more logical.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clietas said:

Dr Wolf's doctorate is in........ Philosophy. 🤔

i love those people

one of the few disciplines in academia that even the psych and sociology phd's can look down upon

it's a jungle out there

• Haha 3