Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

The Spectacular Failure of the MyPillow Guy’s Mask Operation

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s charity and business combo venture to make and sell COVID-19 masks has cost him millions of dollars, according to the increasingly far-right conservative figure.

Today his company is sitting on millions of unsold face coverings, which he now despises and wants to burn.

“I can’t give them away,” Lindell told The Daily Beast in a phone interview this week. “I tried to. No one wants the things anymore.”

Lindell, who claims to have retrofitted about 75 percent of MyPillow’s manufacturing line to sew cloth masks, said the machinery and space he’d invested in now sits idle and empty. The CEO estimates he was able to offload about 5 percent of his mask inventory, and that all told, the operation cost his company and him personally a combined $7 million.

“How many of those do we have, that we ought to just burn?” Lindell asked an aide during the interview. The assistant confirmed the number was about two million.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 5

On 6/18/2021 at 2:03 PM, Cooked Crack said:
And this guy is supposed to be a conservative thought leader?

The bigger problem is there is clearly some missing context in the tweet, and rather than look it up and figure out he's spouted stupid stuff (where his followers have probably eaten up).

The question was in the context of things that have been banned (in door smoking, etc) and what would you ban to make New Yorkers healthier.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/nyc-mayoral-debate-what-would-candidates-ban-to-make-new-yorkers-healthier/3111030/

(It took me 1 minute to find that.)

If you can't look at the replies and understand there was some context related to health, then you're an idiot.

• Like 1

I think Senator Mike Scott just outed himself. I've been to a lot of football games where they played the National Anthem. I don't think I've ever been to one where they recited the Pledge of Allegiance.

Mock outrage fail!

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think Senator Mike Scott just outed himself. I've been to a lot of football games where they played the National Anthem. I don't think I've ever been to one where they recited the Pledge of Allegiance.

Mock outrage fail!

Well you got trouble my friends.  Right here in River City.  

17 minutes ago, clietas said:

and left off the for all part. Prolly intentionally since he could care less about such trivial things. 

Probably intentionally, because he's flat out opposed to liberty and justice for all.  That's for The Other Party.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump Should Cough Up His $570,000 Debt To El Paso Before He Tours Border: Judge

When Donald Trump arrives in Texas for an appearance with GOP Gov. Greg Abbott to tour the state’s border, he should bring a check to pay off his campaign’s nearly $570,000 debt to the city of El Paso, a local judge said.

“We have been trying to reach out to get the $570,000 from when he had his campaign” rally two years ago, El Paso County Judge Ricardo Samaniego told local NBC affiliate KTSM-9 TV earlier this week.

If Abbott “helps us collect” the money Trump owes, “that would be real nice,” Samaniego added. (Check out his remarks in the video above.)

Trump racked up the hefty bill for his “Make America Great Again” rally on Feb. 11, 2019, at El Paso County Coliseum. Local authorities provided security, transportation, emergency and traffic services, and the bill was due in April that year.

The Trump campaign hasn’t yet paid a dime. It owes the El Paso police department more than $381,000 alone. Michael Glassner, the CEO of Trump’s campaign, told ABC two years ago: “We are reviewing” the bill.

“It shows a lack of concern for the community and the tax-paying voters of El Paso,” city Rep. Alexsandra Annello told the El Paso Times as Trump let the debt twist in the wind. Trump has “put a financial burden on this community,” she complained.

Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke launched his own presidential campaign in El Paso the same day as the 2019 Trump rally. The Democrat settled his bill with the city three months later.

Click on the link for the full article

This just in, there are a lot of stupid people in this country:

Poll: 30 percent of GOP voters believe Trump will 'likely' be reinstated this year

Thirty percent of Republican voters say they believe former President Trump will "likely" be reinstated to office this year, a new Hill-HarrisX poll finds.

The results are comparable to other polling from Politico-Morning Consult released this month that showed nearly three in 10 Americans believe Trump will be reinstated.

While a segment of the GOP has indicated support for the idea, the vast majority of voters across the political spectrum agree it's unlikely that Trump will return to office this year.

Seventy percent of Republican respondents in the Hill-HarrisX poll said such a scenario is unlikely, along with 74 percent of independents and 87 percent of Democrats.

Meanwhile, 26 percent of independent voters said it's likely Trump will be reinstated while 13 percent of Democrats said the same.

There is no constitutional or legal mechanism for Trump to return to office in 2021 after losing to President Biden in last year's election. The Electoral College results were certified by Congress in January. 

wat_06182021-a.jpg

Click on te link for the full article

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, China said:

This just in, there are a lot of stupid people in this country:

Interesting...enough q-tards will lie to pollsters and indicate they are democrats or independents to amount to about 13% of the democratic respondents and 26% of independents.  Nothing like that conservative christian honesty.

• Like 1