Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

@Skinsinparadise I'm pretty torn on Scherff. Hes going to want a kings ransom and hes got to be leading in penalties. 

However, we may need to sign 2 tackles and a guard going forward without even considering resigning him. Having just him and Chase returning is crazy. Flowers too I suppose.

My take is they are teetering on the edge of having a really bad O line.  It's tough for me to just look at a player in a vacuum without factoring what happens to the team overall.  Scherff is not worth 14 million a year in a vacuum.  But replacing our best players with likely Jags I think hurts.   I think having a bad O line hurts both Haskins' development and for dudes like Guice and Love reach their potential. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 8.40.20 AM.png

On 11/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, Monkman56 said:

Just read an article saying redskins are getting one of their best players back in week 11. Guice. What makes them think he is one of the best players? He has shown NOTHING yet. Play this kid the rest of the year to see if he's worth anything. 

Well I'm not plunking down the rest of my bank account on him, but after watching the Jet game he seems to have some juice. Just hope he gets to show enough for the balance of this year to get us worked up for next year. The rest of this team is another story.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:20 PM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

He looked spry and powerful. Had that youthful pop in his step. Didn’t get injured yesterday, WooHoo! He needs to play, was one of few who showed up yesterday.

I decided I should wait a few days, to post the same. It is safe now?

I love how he hit the brakes hard on the 5 and let the Jester safety fly out of bounds.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I decided I should wait a few days, to post the same. It is safe now?

I love how he hit the brakes hard on the 5 and let the Jester safety fly out of bounds.

Oh there was no way he was letting that Safety stop his ass, whether he had to juke him or just barrel through him, you could tell DG had his eyes on the end zone. 

Aaaaand 2 guards. Flowers and Brandon are not under contract and doubt either want to be here any longer.  I am not even sure I would take Scherff over Flowers at this point, factoring cap hit or not.  

I hear CT is back.  I envision roughly 10 touches each for AP CT and DG, and assume Smallwood will be inactive.  

I hope that Guice earns a featured role to close out this dismal season.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Aaaaand 2 guards. Flowers and Brandon are not under contract and doubt either want to be here any longer.  I am not even sure I would take Scherff over Flowers at this point, factoring cap hit or not.  

I hear CT is back.  Our time share will be rivaling the Lions on the other side of the ball, who are scrambling with the loss of Mack.   I envision roughly 10 touches each for AP CT and DG, and assume Smallwood will be inactive.  

I hope that Guice earns a featured role to close out this dismal season.

Wrong team. Mack is Indy, although Detroit is scrambling ever since they lost Kerryon Johnson.

I think the Skins need to work out something with Scherff because the drop off is too severe if we let him walk.  I realize it has not been a good season for him but he is still ranked pretty high, and the truth is the synergy has just not been there all year on the O Line. I mean anyone who thinks Trent not being there has not hurt the synergy of that group would be wrong.  Part of me says we should be looking to draft a LT,  but maybe not In the first round with the #2 pick.   Then I think we have so much need that we have to go BPA for a game changer, like Chase Young or even that CB Kristian Fulton out of LSU who has has the highest forced incompletion rate this season. He is going in the first round.  He has been phenomenal. 

BUT then I go back and I think we really need to build that O line.  There are good tackles in this draft that who, along with Scherff, would be capable of creating lanes for Guice and Bryce. How is that not a game changer for many years to come?  I don't know but we have to be able to protect our QB, and RB's and that starts with a good OL.  

I’d be looking for a 3rd down back this draft that you wouldn’t mind handing the ball off to occasionally.  Not a complete scat back like Thompson, but a guy maybe more in the mold of Devin Singletary.  I’d also look for a fullback.  Add in a pass catching TE (I’d prefer an all around TE, but that’s a much tougher ask) and I think we could alleviate a lot of the pressure on the oline with a quick passing game, chip blocks and multiple looks personell-wise.  

17 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

I think the Skins need to work out something with Scherff because the drop off is too severe if we let him walk....

All great points, but I just don't think he wants to play here.  If the heart is not in it, I think play suffers.  Tagging him will make him hate it here even more. None of our players look happy.Just give me my ****ing check. Contrast that vs the Nats for a peek at something horribly wrong here. Everyone is miserable.

Few players will want to play here, all things equal.  Our "home" games must be horrifically awkward for our players. And its getting even more awkward with fans now chiming in "sell the team"

A happy go lucky guy like Guice doing well would go a long ways to helping bail out the USS Titanic-Raljon

12 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I’d be looking for a 3rd down back this draft that you wouldn’t mind handing the ball off to occasionally.  Not a complete scat back like Thompson, but a guy maybe more in the mold of Devin Singletary.  I’d also look for a fullback.  Add in a pass catching TE (I’d prefer an all around TE, but that’s a much tougher ask) and I think we could alleviate a lot of the pressure on the oline with a quick passing game, chip blocks and multiple looks personell-wise.  

Don't forget they have Bryce Love waiting for next year and I haven't heard he's had any rehab setbacks.  The future is bright as far as the running backs are concerned.

3 hours ago, arftech said:

Don't forget they have Bryce Love waiting for next year and I haven't heard he's had any rehab setbacks.  The future is bright as far as the running backs are concerned.

BZZZZZ.  It's the Redskins, so he had a setback. He was eligible to come off PUP IIRC, but opted for an additional surgery instead.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-running-back-bryce-love-headed-another-knee-surgery-sources

I just don't understand how he needs a 2nd surgery 10 months later.... i guess he got re-injured recently in his comeback??  Or the surgery was botched.

AP is showing his age. Sure superman will want to start next year, but he is ailing now and will likely be battling nagging injuries the rest of his career. CT continues being injury prone, sadly. I am fine with moving on from both.  They had their fair chances here.   Hopefully Guice and Love take over primary duties and have long and healthy careers.

4 hours ago, arftech said:

Yeah, I was a big fan of Guice and Love leading up to the 2018 draft and I’m thrilled we wound up with both.  Although I believe Love (somewhat similarity to Guice) can do some good things in the passing game, I think 1) we could benefit from a true rb weapon in the pass game 2) we could really use a replacement for Thompson and 3) I have my concerns about Guice and Love staying healthy going forward, so picking up a guy that can handle 3rd downs and spell one or the other (if one is out with injury) seems like a smart move.  
Expanding on 1) above, @volsmet has made the point in the draft thread about how difficult it is to deal with a special rb receiver - we see it around the league and at home with Thompson.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

BZZZZZ.  It's the Redskins, so he had a setback. He was eligible to come off PUP IIRC, but opted for an additional surgery instead.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-running-back-bryce-love-headed-another-knee-surgery-sources

I just don't understand how he needs a 2nd surgery 10 months later.... i guess he got re-injured recently in his comeback??  Or the surgery was botched.

AP is showing his age. Sure superman will want to start next year, but he is ailing now and will likely be battling nagging injuries the rest of his career. CT continues being injury prone, sadly. I am fine with moving on from both.  They had their fair chances here.   Hopefully Guice and Love take over primary duties and have long and healthy careers.

I tend to agree with every thing you wrote.  What bothers me is I've seen other running backs around the league come back strong from knee surgeries but not here.  We just have a uniquely strange situation here.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I was a big fan of Guice and Love leading up to the 2018 draft and I’m thrilled we wound up with both.  Although I believe Love (somewhat similarity to Guice) can do some good things in the passing game, I think 1) we could benefit from a true rb weapon in the pass game 2) we could really use a replacement for Thompson and 3) I have my concerns about Guice and Love staying healthy going forward, so picking up a guy that can handle 3rd downs and spell one or the other (if one is out with injury) seems like a smart move.  
Expanding on 1) above, @volsmet has made the point in the draft thread about how difficult it is to deal with a special rb receiver - we see it around the league and at home with Thompson.

THere's this nice guy named Bibbs who would look nice on our roster. 

Archived