Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Guice and AP would be a pretty darn nice tandem for the run-in to build momentum for next year. 

That would help massively in nailing down the identity we're striving for and open things up a lot more downfield. 

Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later he's back out there helping this team. 

Hail.  

I think it's going to be Guice and Love next year if both are health. I doubt we keep Peterson after this year. We'll see but I doubt our new coach wants a 35 year old RB. 

40 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Guice and AP would be a pretty darn nice tandem for the run-in to build momentum for next year. 

That would help massively in nailing down the identity we're striving for and open things up a lot more downfield. 

Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later he's back out there helping this team. 

Hail.  

I hope Callahan utilizes them both. I envisioned a backfield that was one or the other, sometimes both, sometimes one or the other mixed with Thompson. Use Thompson in the backfield and motion him, or straight align as a slot and motion him. 

There are so many wrinkles with that, and personnel tells are more difficult to read if Thompson winds up being in the slot. It's a little easier with AP/Guice in, but you can always use one of them as a wing. Once in a while it wouldn't shock me if AP would enjoy leading Guice through a hole and plastering someone. 

46 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I think it's going to be Guice and Love next year if both are health. I doubt we keep Peterson after this year. We'll see but I doubt our new coach wants a 35 year old RB. 

I dont know how you go with just those two with the injuries. If it wasnt for that I would agree with you. 

33 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Wait, wha?  Who was this about - you're not saying you think there's a chance Guice could get cut next summer, correct? 

Hell yea. Dude hasnt played a full game for us in 2 years. No new coach is going to come in and think thats going to change. 

35 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Wait, wha?  Who was this about - you're not saying you think there's a chance Guice could get cut next summer, correct? 

I mean, if he gets hurt again,, I'm not hitching my wagon to him as a new HC, especially with two other RB,'s with injury histories. He would likely be the odd man out, considering the need for a couple workhorse, every down backs. If he cant stay on the field, he has no value.

At the very least, I wouldn't expect him to be a feature back in '20.

Thompson and Love would probably remain because Love redshirted, and Thompson has too much value as a 3DB

Our only dependable RB is about 35 and I'd be shocked if he wanted to come back anyway. 

I think Love is the future, but we never win gambling on injured players. That's CT, Guise, and Love to a T.

So, we're going into next year without an established healthy RB.

I'm sure having an interim HC that just wants to pound the ball into the line for the hell of it isnt going to help.

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't forget Steve Sims Jr....with the right offensive mind he could be really good. 

With the right defensive mind. I believe our defense could be good. That's why Jay being fired was such a joke. If you don't get rid of Manusky as well. What's the point?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our only dependable RB is about 35 and I'd be shocked if he wanted to come back anyway. 

I think Love is the future, but we never win gambling on injured players. That's CT, Guise, and Love to a T.

So, we're going into next year without an established healthy RB.

I'm sure having an interim HC that just wants to pound the ball into the line for the hell of it isnt going to help.

Who says Guice won't be healthy or even Love for that matter? If Guice can play 4 or 5 games this year and stay healthy. I'd consider  him the starting going I to next year. I don't want Peterson back. 

37 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

With the right defensive mind. I believe our defense could be good. That's why Jay being fired was such a joke. If you don't get rid of Manusky as well. What's the point?

Who says Guice won't be healthy or even Love for that matter? If Guice can play 4 or 5 games this year and stay healthy. I'd consider  him the starting going I to next year. I don't want Peterson back. 

I agree about the defense comment. 

I'm pretty sure a guys leg would have to come off and then explode, before you ever admit hes injury prone. :ols:

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Hell yea. Dude hasnt played a full game for us in 2 years. No new coach is going to come in and think thats going to change. 

sure they would, if the doctors say so. No coach in their right mind would cut a healthy guice before seeing him in season action

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree about the defense comment. 

I'm pretty sure a guys leg would have to come off and then explode, before you ever admit hes injury prone. :ols:

No if he gets hurt again I'll admit he's injury prone. Not doing that after 2  injuries to 2 different knees. Little early for that. 

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The good news here is that we may get a chance to see what Guice has before the season is over. Thats about it though. 

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, if he gets hurt again,, I'm not hitching my wagon to him as a new HC, especially with two other RB,'s with injury histories. He would likely be the odd man out, considering the need for a couple workhorse, every down backs. If he cant stay on the field, he has no value.

At the very least, I wouldn't expect him to be a feature back in '20.

Thompson and Love would probably remain because Love redshirted, and Thompson has too much value as a 3DB

Y'all are crazy, IMO. I'm not saying we count on him only, that would be irresponsible (and standard Redskins procedure, if we're being truthful).   But to cut him outright in the off-season?!?  Zero chance. Less than zero. Too much upside there to just walk away. 

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

sure they would, if the doctors say so. No coach in their right mind would cut a healthy guice before seeing him in season action

They said he was good to go the last two times too. And our training staff isnt exactly world renown. Im just saying he has an established injury history. Hes has more knee surgeries than touchdowns at this point and people are going to be wary of that 

7 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Y'all are crazy, IMO. I'm not saying we count on him only, that would be irresponsible (and standard Redskins procedure, if we're being truthful).   But to cut him outright in the off-season?!?  Zero chance. Less than zero. Too much upside there to just walk away. 

See above. There are many talented players at his position and you can find them almost anywhere. Health is the most important factor in the NFL if you cant get on the field. And he cant so far. 

@LetThePointsSoar Perhaps, but eventually, "Upside" must equate with actual production, particularly for a 2nd rounder who plays at an easily replaceable position.

Peterson is gone after this year. Bank on it. That leaves Thompson, Love, and some create a players. The rb corps cannot continuously be stacked with players who either do not produce, or are not available.

All I'm saying is, if something else comes along and keeps him off the field for this season, dont be shocked if the new guy cleans the cupboard in favor of reliability.

Archived