Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

AP has a toe and missed practice today. I wonder if Small would get the start if he cannot go, to let Guice focus on the CT role.

I fully expect vet vet vet backs like AP to get days off regardless of an injury or not.  He doesn't need practice. And I also expect AP to 'give it a go ' no matter what injury he has.  I think he will go - AP and Cally seem to go hand in hand.  My belief is that Guice will not get a start under Cally this year after his insta-injuries, and seeing how he is handling Dwayne.  AP not practicing tomorrow may not mean anything but I will be watching.

I likely stand alone in wanting to see Guice get a full load. Once again. He didn't get anywhere near a full load before in these past 2 injuries so easing him in is pointless.  If he gets injured in his first carry on Sunday guess what he would get injured in his first carry in Sept 2020. Either he is fragile or having bad luck, or has injuries he is not disclosing to coaches. Not playing won't change anything.

All hail the start of the Guice era. Part 3.

Hope he has a breakout game and AP doesn't see the field again.  AP deserves to be on a contending team so hope he is dealt at some point but if Guice has a good game, then roll with him completely.  He is the future.

46 minutes ago, owa said:

Hope he has a breakout game and AP doesn't see the field again.  AP deserves to be on a contending team so hope he is dealt at some point but if Guice has a good game, then roll with him completely.  He is the future.

I’m torn on this.  AP isn’t in the cards for the future and Guice is (at least theoretically), but I also kind of think Guice has to earn the right to start.  I’m not sure the players would get upset at this point in the season, and I’m not sure I would care if they did, but I’d still want Guice to feel like he’s earned it.  I’m definitely all for easing Guice in, riding the hot hand, and then starting him if he’s at least looked ok (and stayed healthy).  

Playing him a full game when he’s likely not yet in ‘football shape’ is asking for another injury IMO.  Even just mentally, I’d worry he’d be overeager and put his put his body on the line (especially when, as I said, it likely isn’t quite ready).  JMO of course.  I’m hoping he starts the last 3-4 games though.  

I know this is a Guice thread but when was the last time Thompson played in a game this season?  I would like to see Thompson if he is not still injured

play with Guice so you have Thompson going out on screen pass plays and the threat of Guice running inside the tackles.  Also what happened to using

the fullback added to the team a few weeks ago?  Is he still learning the plays?!!

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I know this is a Guice thread but when was the last time Thompson played in a game this season?  I would like to see Thompson if he is not still injured

play with Guice so you have Thompson going out on screen pass plays and the threat of Guice running inside the tackles.  Also what happened to using

the fullback added to the team a few weeks ago?  Is he still learning the plays?!!

Yeah i don’t remember the last game Thompson played in. I wanna say week 6 against the dolphins? Maybe week 5 against the patriots? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Vernon Davis as well, how long does it take to recover from a concussion???? He’s been out since what, week 4? 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've clamored for Guice since the fall of 2018, loved what I saw today.  Great vision, contact balance, good hands, etc.   But stay healthy.  😀

He runs hard and fights for every yard. You can tell hes hungry and has a chip on his shoulder.  Like you said I pray he can stay healthy.  

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He needs to be the starter the rest of the season. We gain nothing for the future running AP into the ground. Honestly we should have tried to trade AP at the deadline.

Apparently we had an offer for him - which we obviously should have taken. This front office is historically incompetent.

20 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Wouldn't it be nice if Love can come back 100% healthy and play to his full potential.  I'm not declaring anything but if so we would have a very dangerous backfield.  

Agree.  Love is explosive.    They are different type of runners who will complement each other well. 

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He needs to be the starter the rest of the season. We gain nothing for the future running AP into the ground. Honestly we should have tried to trade AP at the deadline.

We gain nothing from running Guice into the ground.  Guice should be backup the rest of the season because he just came off of back to back major leg injuries.  Putting a heavy workload on him would be career suicide and a total Bruce move.  Let AP handle the load, let Guice learn and slowly work up reps so he can heal for a whole offseason.  If you are playing for the future, protect and develop your assets.

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Would have liked to have seen AP go to a contender where he could have competed for a championship.

12 hours ago, Peregrine said:

We gain nothing from running Guice into the ground.  Guice should be backup the rest of the season because he just came off of back to back major leg injuries.  Putting a heavy workload on him would be career suicide and a total Bruce move.  Let AP handle the load, let Guice learn and slowly work up reps so he can heal for a whole offseason.  If you are playing for the future, protect and develop your assets.

It seems like you are assuming Guice is not fully healthy, or that there is something he can do this offseason that will be a durability game changer.  He just came off of 1 injury, not 2. As far as categorizing them I don't consider a meniscus tear major, but I am no internet doctor.  A guy out 12-18 months sustained a major to me.

AP has what I think is turf toe and he sure looked flat yesterday.  Why should he handle the load?  Here's a take, choosing to be a running back alone, is career suicide. As is drafting a RB in the 2nd round and being afraid to use him even at full health, at least for a normal front office structure. 

We stand to gain a lot by using Guice, including learning if the can handle the load next year, developing chemistry with Haskins and gives him a solid short game outlet, gets us our 1 TD every month, helps us learn what plays he runs well, and helps us learn if we need to draft yet another RB this spring. Why wait until next year to start seeing what we have.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRPtsMRonoDn6MHEOyyBz

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I watched some Love highlights today. That dude has a whole nother gear you rarely see. Like a Hunt pretty much. 

If Love regains his legs and finds his 2017 form, the dude is a monster IMO.  He had a sick number of 40-50 yard runs.  He's the epitome of a home run hitter.    He was improving as a pass catcher and i know he was working on improving as a pass protecter albeit he wasn't great at it.  But if Guice and Love can stay healthy that can be a really special duo.

Like you though I believe it would be nice to get a real TE who can block and be some type of threat as a pass catcher -- I think it will help a guy like Love in particular.  Love ran inside some but he's certainly a guy who can get around the edges in outside zone, toss plays, etc.   For guys like that it would be cool to get people who can block on the run.    That's why i am not in the crowd who want Scherff gone.  Scherff is far from perfect but he can get to the 2nd level and help break loose a long run.  It would help to have dudes like that with a pair of RBs like these two IMO.  

Archived