Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Good news is he only has 2 knees. So I doubt he favors either of them now. 

Actually in all seriousness most doctor types say the longer you rest the ACL the better and it takes more than a year (Peterson not withstanding) to regain your form.  So maybe resting one knee actually helps the other.  

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

My understanding from this thread is its always torn if its a meniscus as you cannot sprain them. At that point its all just a matter of how bad the sprain is. Thats what the grades are 

You're right and it sounds like its a bad tear if he needs surgery. The sooner he gets the surgery done the better. 

You're right and it sounds like its a bad tear if he needs surgery. The sooner he gets the surgery done the better. 

Yea surgery is worst case scenario for him. Its really disappointing too, cause I have to worry about his future. The NFL is a hard business and they dont cut cards. If Gruden isnt here next year I doubt he will be if these injuries keep adding up. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to some the doctors were monitoring Guice during camp.  And the doctors cleared him to play in this game and if I understood Standig's article also checked him out during the game and cleared him again. 

When you have an ACL, its alas not uncommon to favor the other knee and have something like this happen.  

Hmm, you mean the same doctors that were monitoring Trent last season?  Kind of seems like this might be exactly why Trent refuses to come back.

Just now, Llevron said:

Yea surgery is worst case scenario for him. Its really disappointing too, cause I have to worry about his future. The NFL is a hard business and they dont cut cards. If Gruden isnt here next year I doubt he will be if these injuries keep adding up. 

He's a 2nd rd pick and his seasons not over yet. He'll be here next year, but so will Bryce Love. So we'll see what ACL tear holds up better. Or what RB looks better. Guice still has time this year to show off his skills. Just might not be until week 9.

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Hmm, you mean the same doctors that were monitoring Trent last season?  Kind of seems like this might be exactly why Trent refuses to come back.

Doubt that's why he isn't coming back. Not going to get into it here though. This is a Guice thread. 

7 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Yeah if you follow Standig's article it doesn't help the doctor narrative.  I just reread it.   And it flat out says that the first sign of an issue came up during the game but the doctors looked at it and cleared him to go back in.  In other words, they obviously said there is nothing to worry about. 

Its been a roller coaster.

Super psyched he dropped to us. 

Triple psyched he looked great on a long run in preseason

Triple Depression state learning he was gone for the season before it even started

I am not even going to try to explain my expectation roller coaster after learning of the complications, finally cleared, Jay pumping his tires, all down back fantasies.... UGH

Basically lather rinse repeat this year.

59 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Also want to point out that  Peterson tore his meniscus in 2016 and missed 11 games. So in other words we'll be lucky if he's back in 6 weeks. 

I asked my PT yesterday about Guice's injury. She said 12 weeks. I said what if really minor though. She said 12 weeks again. I heard 8 weeks, on the radio today, then that is a generous timeline. 

Not it's being reported 6 to 8 weeks. I love these reports that know nothing and keep posting stuff like a few weeks and 4 to 6 weeks. For once I'd love people to get the facts before posting bs. 

48 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

Really love Guice and his potential but how many players are we going to draft that have injury histories before we say, hey maybe we shouldn't do that in the first four rounds.

Lmao he didn't have a a injury history. 

Not it's being report 6 to 8 weeks. I love these reports that know nothing and keep posting stuff like a few weeks and 4 to 6 weeks. For once I'd love people to get the facts before posting bs. 

What you said about AP is pretty much what my PT said. So I am going with the expert opinion until otherwise it is confirmed after Dr. Andrews gives his timeline instead.

14 minutes ago, zskins said:

I asked my PT yesterday about Guice's injury. She said 12 weeks. I said what if really minor though. She said 12 weeks again. I heard 8 weeks, on the radio today, then that is a generous timeline. 

Thanks for asking / sharing.

So that further supports my strong belief that the doctors have an unspoken or understood directive to get players on the field yes at risk of their career ethics whatever. The NFL is a powerful business model that is simply behind the times.

Guess what NFL, we will still watch games even when backups are forced in.

Do they think we want to see Mummies limping at half speed out there?

I'd really like to see them take their time with bringing him back.  Obviously none of us know what the extent of this injury is but there's no need to rush him to get back onto the field. 

Let's think about it from another perspective.   If it were the Rams and Todd Gurley and he was out with a similar injury in Week 1, would they rush him back?  It's possible, probably depends on how well they play and how many games they win without him.  But the Rams are a good team with, IIRC, solid backup running backs.  I think if the Rams could survive 10-12 weeks without Gurley and make sure he's damn well rested and rehabilitated past the point of what the doctors suggest, they'd do it and bring him back a couple weeks before the playoffs in limited action.  That way, when the playoffs start and the rest of the team is tired and somewhat broken down from the regular season as well as their opponents, they've got a relatively fresh Gurley primed and ready to go.

I'm not saying that's what the Rams would or should do, but I can see it as a possibility.   

The Redskins and Guice are so far removed from a scenario like that.  The Rams are in a window where they can contend for a Super Bowl.  We, certainly, are not.

Therefore, I don't see the need to get Guice back onto the field ASAP and risk another injury.  There's nothing on the line here, there's nothing to sacrifice for.  Best case scenario, this team heads into Week 14 or 15 with an outside chance to make the playoffs in a wild card spot, but even then is risking more of Guice's future worth it?  For me, no, not really.  Big difference between being on the bubble of a wild card spot and being a legit, dangerous playoff team.  

I feel bad for the guy, I really do.  I know he wants to be out there playing, I know the last year tore him up.  But I think it'd tear him up even more if he hurried back, risked it and had to miss another year.  

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait......so guide has a torn meniscus? Out for season, or how long? 

Report is 6 to 8 weeks. Could be as long as 12 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I predict we bring back Bibbs.

Like today.

I predict if Bryce Love Is cleared you'll see him this year. Which I figured we would shelf him for the season. Not so sure now. 

Archived