Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

I actually thought the majority of the character twists were anything but gratuitous. It's a curve-ball show and we got some curve-balls.

Varys was amazing in his scenes.

The Euron/Jaime fight was pretty good.

Cersei's childlike "I don't like this" at the end was completely spot-on.

Arya's insight with the Hound, etc., etc., etc.

It's not like they didn't layer in this stuff many seasons ago. As for the Scorpions, it's a Dany arc. Arrogance and over-confidence leading to over-compensatory violence. The family way?

Much better than last week. I was highly entertained.

• Like 6

I thought it was pretty great, despite things going differently than I would have hoped in some ways.   It was sad to see Dany snap like that, but I can see it after everything she's lost.  Wasn't really happy with what happened with Jamie and Cersie, though it was well done and poetic, but I think once again we all bought into theories that were different than reality.  On the other hand she died with Jamie's arms around her....  I really wish Jamie had stayed with Briene though or gone back to her.  Oh well.  Love or addiction was the end of him, I guess. 

The chaos and destruction was masterfully done.

I wasn't too keen on the horse at the end, but it was a cool surreal touch, even if it seems a little silly.

I do wonder what happens to Drogon, the Unsullied, and the Dothraki if Dany dies now.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 5

Varys deserved better then to die in the first 5 minutes.

I liked that Jamie/Cersei died together, but it should have been in fire or something, not being buried alive underground. I think it would have been better if Jamie died bleeding out in Cersei's arms, with Cersei then burning alive shortly afterwards.

Hound and Mountain had fitting deaths: both dying beating the crap out of and ultimately killing each other.

No surprise Dany has gone full heel and is now the show's final "villain." It'll be Jon Snow that reverses the Targeryan streak of tyranny.

On the whole I didn't dislike the episode.

I am let down a bit that the scorpions just did nothing.  Like no fancy strategy needed or anything, just fly at them and burn.

Piccolo would be proud of that dragon.

Dany just snapping was a little off for me.  Like, okay, fly at the Red Keep and burn it, cool.  Spend 20 minutes burning literally everything BUT the Red Keep?  That's just gratuitous.

6 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I guess I am in the minority, but I thought it was great.

That sword Arya saw on the fried corpse - was that John's wolf handle?

I think that was the toy horse of that the litte girl and mother she tried to save.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Still can't buy Daeny going full mad queen. Would have been a great episode if they actually planned this properly. Y'all had years to get this right.

I think they did...the clues are there...hints for years and one by one the people around her that she loves dying or turning against her in one way or another and she realized the people would never accept her like she wanted.  I think they could have made her snap or her thinking a bit more clear maybe though.  

• Like 3

I think the problem I have with this episode is that it hit all the expected notes but not in super satisfying ways.

Scorpions are overcome...but not by any fancy strategy or anything.

Dany goes crazy...but in the moment it's not super clear exactly why she's burning the city instead of the Red Keep.

Cersei dies...but it's in some unsatisfying rubble cave-in.

Jon vs. Dany was where episode 6 needed to go, and it's now there.  Getting there was kinda by-the-book "we need to hit these notes so hit them."

Really I just wish Cersei had a better end.  That would have made up for a lot.

I think I give it a 7/10.

Cleganebowl was good tho.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The shows become a spoof of itself.  These aren’t “twists” so much as random **** thrown together by writers forced to heap flesh onto the rotten bones of a terrible outline.  

Garbage.  Burning garbage.  

• Like 1