Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Omg, that's exactly what will happen.  And Jon Bran will become the new Night King.

I know some of the spoilers but this part is not actually covered so I have no idea. 

56 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

And why is Jon even alive? He doesn’t do ****. Why did the northern army ignore him? Did they take their orders from Dany behind his back to just massacre every man, woman and child in the city? If you’re telling the story of Dany going mad you can’t also have all of Jon’s forces go on a killing spree of innocents as well. Did they all go mad too? It’s impossible to tell a coherent story out of this mess. 

Really what in the hell are they doing? 

He bent the knee, they work for her now.  If leaders of the north start splitting, it could be an ugly civil war to finish things off.  Talk about really nobody left.

The one thing I hated about this most is now I know she has no qualms about doing that to Winterfell.  She's probably going to do that next.

Also reminded me of last episode when Jaime and Tyrion have a great laugh together over Tyrion’s first marriage. 

“Haha ah man, good times back when you paid a prostitute to pretend she loved me and we got married only to reveal she never cared about me broke my heart and father forced me to watch while an entire Lannister battalion raped her in front of me” 

They either don’t know these characters  or they have mailed it in

All of theses people are really bad to one another.  Maybe they just deserve to be killed as quickly as possible. Maybe the dragon will eat Dany in the last scene to put a nice big bow on this thing.

Edit: Dragon also needs to eat Sam and Jilly to really give some finality here

Edited by kfrankie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kfrankie said:

All of theses people are really bad to one another.  Maybe they just deserve to be killed as quickly as possible. Maybe the dragon will eat Dany in the last scene to put a nice big bow on this thing.

People disagreed with Shakespeare comment, but some of these characters have just been terrible people for so long it just has to come back to them at some point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Tyrion: "Oh Jamie, my beloved brother, run away to safety with Cersei and start a new life!"

Bahahahaha who the **** this is character anymore? 

Exactly. He’s unrecognizable and his crippling desire to save Cersei’s life makes no sense. 

Just toss it on the heap with the rest. He’s dying next episode tho once Dany finds out he let Jaime go 

I think there's a lesson to be learned here (for all of us) about investing too much in fictional characters in a story that shreds them and/or often has them give in to their worst inclinations.  

😢

Edited by visionary
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Tyrion: "Oh Jamie, my beloved brother, run away to safety with Cersei and start a new life!"

Bahahahaha who the **** this is character anymore? 

I don’t know. I think he was hoping to save the city and use Jaime to get Cersei out and to surrender. I’m not sure why there’s any issue over the decision. It fits the brotherly love. And fits with Tyrion having sympathy for Cersei as a sister despite what she’s put him through. 

I personally loved the scene with Jaime. Very emotional. 

Honestly. I see some of the holes. I’m not trying to be a rah rah GOT a guy here. But some of you are being extremely contrarian.

This show did a great job following the books early on. But it’s NOT the books. And it never was going to be. And maybe GRRM will finally release the rest of his series but the show became a different beast. Get over it and enjoy it. My $.02

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I know some of the spoilers but this part is not actually covered so I have no idea. 

God I hope not.

Either Dany and Jon get together or kill one another, otherwise it will be nonstop civil war.

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The more I think about it, the more I like Cersei's death. It's so unsatisfying to the fans which is exactly what it should be with her. 

Its just really poor to me. If that’s the extent of her death and impact on the final season she should have been taken out immediately when Dany got to Westeros. 

Then you could have spares us the Euron bull**** and focused more on the Long Night. Then you have time to deal with the aftermath of TLN and Dany’s descent into madness or her battle with Jon. 

They totally nerfed Dany’s army by making the characters stupid overall just so she wouldn’t just wax Cersei immediately and she just waxed Cersei with ease anyway. It was all pointless. So get Cersei off the board early and focus on interesting stuff. All of this was a waste 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

I think there's a lesson to be learned here about investing too much in fictional characters in a story that shreds them and/or often has them give in to their worst inclinations.  

😢

No one is mad because of the details of the story or the fate of the characters.  Main characters ending badly is main selling point of GoT.  Always has been.  Characters also grow and change.  

The problem here is the poor execution.  If you just want to see action scenes and don’t really care about the story this season is probably a blast.  If the story telling matters, this season is a disappointing mess.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

No one is mad because of the details of the story or the fate of the characters.  Main characters ending badly is main selling point of GoT.  Always has been.  The problem is the poor execution.  

I felt the opposite though.  I thought the execution was mostly amazing, but I was saddened by some of the outcomes. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They totally nerfed Dany’s army so it would just wax Cersei and she just waxed Cersei with ease anyway. 

They really messed up the battles this season and the magically appearing army still left after the WW battle. That was absurd. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don’t know. I think he was hoping to save the city and use Jaime to get Cersei out and to surrender. I’m not sure why there’s any issue over the decision. It fits the brotherly love. And fits with Tyrion having sympathy for Cersei as a sister despite what she’s put him through. 

Cersei has tried to kill him like 3 different times and hated him since he was a born. 

A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.

The guy that says that isn’t suddenly overcome with a desire to save this person. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They totally nerfed Dany’s army so it would just wax Cersei and she just waxed Cersei with ease anyway. It was all pointless. So get Cersei off the board early and focus on interesting stuff. All of this was a waste 

I do wish there had been a bit more of a fight before the chaos.

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

No one is mad because of the details of the story or the fate of the characters.  Main characters ending badly is main selling point of GoT.  Always has been.  Characters also grow and change.  

The problem here is the poor execution.  If you just want to see action scenes and don’t really care about the story this season is probably a blast.  If the story telling matters, this season is a disappointing mess.

The show was amazing when battles took place off screen. The writing is always the most important part of any story whether movie or tv or book. They just stopped caring about that and went for mindless spectacle and twitter hashtags  

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Cersei has tried to kill him like 3 different times and hated him since he was a born. 

The guy that says that isn’t suddenly overcome with a desire to save this person. 

And he's suddenly a joyless moron that forgotten how to be sarcastic at inappropriate times.  I hope the final episodes shows the real characters locked in a basement somewhere and reveals the ones we've been watching are pod people.  That would explain a lot.   

• Like 2