Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, I've kinda settled down after being pretty hyped Sunday night and yesterday.

Reveal hidden contents

I just don't think this is going to be very complex or interesting. There will be a massive jaw dropping battle, no doubt, and some great moments but none of the theories will end up coming true. The NK will be defeated in this battle. Then in a couple episodes,Cersei will be defeated, lots of people and major characters will have died this season and then it will wrap things up. 

No Azor Ahai, no TPTWP, no Lightbringer, Bran/NK history, no NK explanation, no Bran/3ER explanation, no time travel, no discovery of the past that turns the battle, no real surprises or complexity or convergence of stories. 

They're going to finish this up pretty straight forward and predictably imo. 

I can’t wait to see your next couple takes before Sunday. Next one will be some middle ground before full on hype scenario Saturday night. You know I’m right 😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, I've kinda settled down after being pretty hyped Sunday night and yesterday.

Reveal hidden contents

I just don't think this is going to be very complex or interesting. There will be a massive jaw dropping battle, no doubt, and some great moments but none of the theories will end up coming true. The NK will be defeated in this battle. Then in a couple episodes,Cersei will be defeated, lots of people and major characters will have died this season and then it will wrap things up. 

No Azor Ahai, no TPTWP, no Lightbringer, Bran/NK history, no NK explanation, no Bran/3ER explanation, no time travel, no discovery of the past that turns the battle, no real surprises or complexity or convergence of stories. 

They're going to finish this up pretty straight forward and predictably imo. 

I really hope you're wrong but that kind of ending definitely looks likely. Mainly because the plot twists GoT has been know for. Would be quite unsatisfying at this point to have such a predictable ending to the series.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I can’t wait to see your next couple takes before Sunday. Next one will be some middle ground before full on hype scenario Saturday night. You know I’m right 😉

100% right lol. 

52 minutes ago, clietas said:

I really hope you're wrong but that kind of ending definitely looks likely. Mainly because the plot twists GoT has been know for. Would be quite unsatisfying at this point to have such a predictable ending to the series.

I let myself get sucked in but I’m bracing for the impact. I hope they stick the landing 

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

100% right lol. 

I let myself get sucked in but I’m bracing for the impact. I hope they stick the landing 

Watching a clip of the actor that plays Jaime and he said he saw a couple of theories online that had parts right but none he has seen that had the entire thing right. I'm definitely going to be egging you on in this cause it's helping me pass the time between shows so how about Bran says to the NK something like "You can't win. If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Now that would be great writing. 

Edited by Hersh

10 hours ago, clietas said:

Maybe. BUT, at the same time, think about where this all started 8 years ago. Would a Jon + Dany on the iron Throne ruling over a newly formed government with possibly democratic implementations for the various regions be that predictable of an ending?

If you started binge-watching this from scratch after the series is over, do you think you'd find the ending predictable?

I think you have to view the show as a whole. Having essentially 8 episodes in the last 3+ years makes it easier to be predictable because we've had so much time to draw conclusions.

• Thanks 1

Would it have been a possibility for HBO to not release the number of episodes for season 8 ahead of time?  (Or maybe that doesn't work due to some industry issues?).  It might have been more suspenseful if we didn't know how many episodes are left.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe. BUT, at the same time, think about where this all started 8 years ago. Would a Jon + Dany on the iron Throne ruling over a newly formed government with possibly democratic implementations for the various regions be that predictable of an ending?

That'd be a pretty disappointing ending imo. It's something that's been done to death in so many stories. Good triumphs. Heroes, some from almost humble beginnings, others redeeming their families prevail. Super mega happy ending. Sing a song. Dance a dance. Cut to black. 

That's kinda why part of me wants the Night King to win. Doesn't kill all the characters and population. Ushers in the long night again. Sets up a sequel series with the remaining characters. Like After MASH but actually good and watchable. 

A prequel series has already been said to be in the works. That's also kind of disappointing. Mainly because prequels are generally bad with numerous plot holes. Hope that's not the case with the GoT series.

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

A prequel series has already been said to be in the works. That's also kind of disappointing. Mainly because prequels are generally bad with numerous plot holes. Hope that's not the case with the GoT series. 

I am actually looking forward to a prequel if it features birth of the white walkers and what happened afterwards.

One of the few things that I haven't liked about this series is that it set up two main plots:

1. A fight for the Iron Throne

2. The approaching war with the White Walkers

Through story telling, they have established (2) as much more significant than (1). Yet, almost the entire story has been about (1), and we've been given no real background or insight into the WW's.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Through story telling, they have established (2) as much more significant than (1). Yet, almost the entire story has been about (1), and we've been given no real background or insight into the WW's.

The writers condensing the show into 8 seasons is certainly a problem. Not really sure why they chose to do that. The production is costly but hbo n the production team have made a ton off it. Not like the series isn't worthwhile for everyone involved. GRRM said the series should have been 12 seasons. Seems like so much was left out or just skipped. 

30 minutes ago, clietas said:

The writers condensing the show into 8 seasons is certainly a problem. Not really sure why they chose to do that. The production is costly but hbo n the production team have made a ton off it. Not like the series isn't worthwhile for everyone involved. GRRM said the series should have been 12 seasons. Seems like so much was left out or just skipped. 

The problem is trying to have all these actors on board for that many seasons over that many years. 

Right now I say that there is no way Daenerys lives and takes the throne. She will be killed by either Sam, Jon or a Lannister when she threatens to burn down all of KL if Cersei doesn't kneel. After this, the remaining dragon will still burn it down, Cersei will be killed and Jon will declare that all the kingdoms will be independent. Sansa will become Queen of the North. Jaime will rule Kings Landing. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, max21 said:

I cannot wait till Sunday night, I am counting down the hours at this point. I might watch it completely naked 

I only have two questions.

One, are you a really attractive person of the female persuasion?  Two, do you want to have a watch party?  

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, clietas said:

The writers condensing the show into 8 seasons is certainly a problem.

This season they are increasing the showtimes as it progresses though, which I don't think they did before.

25 minutes ago, twa said:

This season they are increasing the showtimes as it progresses though, which I don't think they did before.

The next four episodes each have a runtime of 80 minutes. They had a few episodes that were maybe 10 mins over the normal length but your right not to this extent.

9 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think question two isn't connected to question one...what if he wants to have a sword fight?

Or space docking....

Edited by clietas
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'm betting on the NK to not attack Winterfell, but instead attack Kings Landing with the dead dragon. This doubles the size of his army and effectively destroys half of Dany's allies.

Plus we may get Jamie killing a walking blue eyed Cersi.

We will then see Jon survive the dead dragons fire/ice breath and proves to Dany he is the true King.