Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, Riggodrill44 said:

I'm betting on the NK to not attack Winterfell, but instead attack Kings Landing with the dead dragon. This doubles the size of his army and effectively destroys half of Dany's allies.

Plus we may get Jamie killing a walking blue eyed Cersi.

We will then see Jon survive the dead dragons fire/ice breath and proves to Dany he is the true King.

How does NK going to Kings Landing cut Dany’s allies in half?

I think the show will pay off the Valonquar prophecy for the books as it was one of GRRMs outlined finishes even tho it was never mentioned in the show. 

Spoiler

When your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you

That could be an undead cersei or her crying after the destruction of the Red Keep amidst falling snow as she is actually filled with regret whenever Jaime or the little brother finds her and kills her 

Finally caught up last night.  I spent all Sunday moving furniture.

I'm also hoping for a Night King victory. Some stories are better told without a happy ending.

Also, I had to Google the actress that plays Arya Stark because I thought things were getting weird during the love scene. I figured she wasn't any older than 17 😂

I think Greyworm dies this coming episode, as does either Jaimie or Brienne - with one trying to save the other.

I think Jon will hand the throne over to Gendry and Arya, like Ned Stark did for Robert Baratheon.

Edited by Riggo-toni

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How is she a stark?

I think kfrankie is watching a different show than the rest of us. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel like its all being set up for Jon to take the throne, only to destroy it and let all the kingdoms live independently. Kinda like Westeros's George Washington.

This seems most likely imo. Remember GRRM didn’t really care for the end of LOTR so I don’t see him going with a classic Jon or anyone sits the throne and peace ensues. There won’t be a throne or somebody will be left on it to rule a pile of ashes and constant conflict. 

I do think the WW have a lot of parallels to the Reapers from ME so it’s be cool if it was something similar where they are going to come every so often regardless and reset civilization because we have repeatedly failed or something. 

the actor that plays Jaime said he’s seen theories online and some people have portions of it right but he’s never seen anyone with the entire thing correct. So that gives me some hope that it won’t be as straightforward and predictable as I’m anticipating 

I think it is obvious who will get the throne, Tormand's speech last week was foreshadowing the next King... Robin Arryn!!!  Remember the little 10 year old freak that was still breastfeeding.  Well, m theory is that after his mom was thrown out the moon door, he sent the nights of the vale north of the wall to get a female giant.  Robin has been doing nothing but sucking giant breastmilk for several years.  He is going to walk into Kings Landing, toss the Mountain aside with one hand, and take his throne.  It is so obvious if you look at all the clues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How is she a stark?

She can't be a Stark, but for book readers there's some stories about the Mad King's wife supposedly having an affair with someone (a priest of the Seven, if I remember right)

In other words, Jon would be the true king while Dany turns out to be the ****.  

27 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

She can't be a Stark, but for book readers there's some stories about the Mad King's wife supposedly having an affair with someone (a priest of the Seven, if I remember right)

In other words, Jon would be the true king while Dany turns out to be the ****.  

There’s a book rumor that Aerys had an affair with Tywin Lannister’s wife. Fathered j and c? Or Tyrion?

Targs were known for producing deformed babies. Would explain Tywin’s disdain for Tyrion. Also Aerys put Jamie on the Kingsguard-preventing him from inheriting Casterly Rock and putting deformed Tyrion (possible Targ) in charge.

Edited by Elessar78

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

There is virtually no chance the Night King ends up winning it all. That leaves no room for continuing the story someday and that’s worth a lot of money. 

Why not? The long night lasted a generation and people clearly survived. A series in that setting, whether prequel or sequel, sounds awesome to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The show deserves a quality ending, better then just "everyone dies, darkness wins."

Depends on the intricate details of how the story is told imo.

We've long been conditioned to expect s good outcome at the end in film and t.v. Doesn't have to necessarily be that way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Depends on the intricate details of how the story is told imo.

We've long been conditioned to expect s good outcome at the end in film and t.v. Doesn't have to necessarily be that way.

I don’t think it needs or should be a good outcome necessarily, (I don’t think a good outcome is possible given all those that will die) just not the NK. This is no real investment in him emotionally regardless of the emotion. 

Plus, at this point how often has good actually prevailed in this show? Some people have gotten what karma had in store but largely the good people have been through hell and had lots of family and friends killed.

29 minutes ago, clietas said:

Why not? The long night lasted a generation and people clearly survived. A series in that setting, whether prequel or sequel, sounds awesome to me.

There is a reason that wasn’t a show. The human conflicts make this show, not the WW

• Like 1

If it doesn't end with "Don't Stop Believin" playing in the back ground as the show fades to black or a young Bran waking up at the bottom of the tower Jaime pushed him out with his Dire Wolf licking his face,...it will be a disappointment.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I think it is obvious who will get the throne, Tormand's speech last week was foreshadowing the next King... Robin Arryn!!!  Remember the little 10 year old freak that was still breastfeeding.  Well, m theory is that after his mom was thrown out the moon door, he sent the nights of the vale north of the wall to get a female giant.  Robin has been doing nothing but sucking giant breastmilk for several years.  He is going to walk into Kings Landing, toss the Mountain aside with one hand, and take his throne.  It is so obvious if you look at all the clues.

Serious though, Robin Arryn could easily be one the most powerful figures in the story if he wasn't a little weirdo. 

He has one of the biggest armies with the largest cavalry force in westeros and the Vale is impossible to invade.

Jon Arryn is pretty much the most important catalyst for the entire story. His actions led directly to Robert Baratheon's rebellion and his death led directly to the War of 5 Kings.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

There’s a book rumor that Aerys had an affair with Tywin Lannister’s wife. Fathered j and c? Or Tyrion?

Targs were known for producing deformed babies. Would explain Tywin’s disdain for Tyrion. Also Aerys put Jamie on the Kingsguard-preventing him from inheriting Casterly Rock and putting deformed Tyrion (possible Targ) in charge.

Also the descriptions of Tyrion as a baby are very similar to Danys still born Rhaegal baby, both were described with dragon like features 

likely just a red herring tho. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man