Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

56 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Incorrect. Tyrion already broached the idea of a succession plan with Dany. Advocating for rule by the people, I believe. This happened at Dragonstone.

You're right I meant the only one of those

powerful leaders listed that would have the option to rule or blow it up. I don’t think Tyrion would be in that position and out of everyone else, only Jon would willingly do this and give up ultimate power for the good of the people 

Best episode in a long time IMO. 

Not a lot of action but the dialogue was actually really good and in character. Everything with Jamie hit hard. Tormund's story was hilarious. Just a lot of highlights in general. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, JCB said:

Brienne being knighted was just amazing.

Ten times over.

7 hours ago, JCB said:

More than Clegane Bowl, I want to see if Tormund and Brienne (and Jamie??) get together. 

Themes

Episode 1: Family

Lots of mention of family, family ties etc.

Ep. 2: Change 

Lots of mention by the characters on how their situation have changed or how they personally have changed. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JCB said:

I agree.  Her acting in that scene was perfect.  The most emotional scene for me in a long time, and she didn't even have to say a word.  The looks that she and Pod gave each other... It seemed like I could follow the back and forth conversation they were having... But they didn't actually have any dialogue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

One theory I don’t but is that the NK goes to KL to add to his army. If he goes to KIngs Landing it’s to wipe it out with blue fire. 

Yeah this is something I didn't think through. If he burns everybody, there is nothing to reanimate as a wight. Maybe he just crushes the roofs of all the buildings and they collapse on everybody, killing them.

Either way, I no longer think that he is headed to KL. Just not enough time to do it within 4 episodes. 

It'll be straightforward. NK is defeated in episode 3. Regroup and prepare to fight Cersei in 4. Fight Cersei in 5. Close out the series in 6. 

6 minutes ago, twa said:

How many dead people do you think are in and around Kings Landing?

A army of his is in place IF the show goes that route.

That could be said for every town between Winterfell and KL. It wouldn’t make for a good show if he simply did that and wiped everyone out. The last two episodes would be WW just standing around 

49 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah this is something I didn't think through. If he burns everybody, there is nothing to reanimate as a wight. Maybe he just crushes the roofs of all the buildings and they collapse on everybody, killing them.

Either way, I no longer think that he is headed to KL. Just not enough time to do it within 4 episodes. 

It'll be straightforward. NK is defeated in episode 3. Regroup and prepare to fight Cersei in 4. Fight Cersei in 5. Close out the series in 6. 

I disagree. I think spending 3 episode of regrouping and going after KL would be terrible. Unless this battle is going to last two episodes, i just dont see it happening.  

He can go to KL and being causing havoc. Maybe Cersei will be turned to a Night Queen or something.

Also a big wildcard is the Mountain...he is basically dead right? So does the NK has control over him when/if he arrives? 

Just now, S.T.real,lights,out said:

I disagree. I think spending 3 episode of regrouping and going after KL would be terrible. Unless this battle is going to last two episodes, i just dont see it happening.  

He can go to KL and being causing havoc. Maybe Cersei will be turned to a Night Queen or something.

Also a big wildcard is the Mountain...he is basically dead right? So does the NK has control over him when/if he arrives? 

Ohh yeah forgot about Mountain.

I think Hound vs. Undead/White Walker Mountain would be an awesome fight.

25 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

I don't think it's a very satisfying narrative  either which is why I hope it doesn't go that way. I'd like to see the Cersei and NK plots converge into one large conclusion to the story. 

27 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Also a big wildcard is the Mountain...he is basically dead right? So does the NK has control over him when/if he arrives

The Mountain is still sentient since he can follow verbal orders and has made the decision to no longer speak until his Queen's enemies are destroyed. I don't think the NK has any control over him like a wight since I don't think the Mountain ever actually died like Jon or Beric did. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

is blue dragon "fire" hot?

They're legendary creatures in the story, not much real info. Supposedly bigger then normal dragons and have an ice breath.

Also not sure if there are real ice dragons or if they are undead normal dragons. Viserion might be different.

I'll also post this link for The Ice Dragon by Martin if anyone is interested. I haven't read this one yet but supposedly set in the same world but before the events of GOTs: https://www.amazon.com/Ice-Dragon-George-R-Martin/dp/0765378779

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

That could be said for every town between Winterfell and KL. It wouldn’t make for a good show if he simply did that and wiped everyone out. The last two episodes would be WW just standing around 

The only way to win is to kill the Night King, or burn everything 

Cersei can make a deal with the NK too like Craster. 

Though I don't think the show will go there. 

I wonder if the NK would've let Craster live if he was still alive. 

Earlier in the show the WW's were also seen as the gods that Craster worshiped.

11 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

... damnit I need Sunday night to get here

I really wish some HBO guy in Europe would screw up again and play the episode early like last year.  After waiting more than a year, it is odd that the seven days between episode two and three seems like WAY too much time.

Yeah, I've kinda settled down after being pretty hyped Sunday night and yesterday.

Spoiler

I just don't think this is going to be very complex or interesting. There will be a massive jaw dropping battle, no doubt, and some great moments but none of the theories will end up coming true. The NK will be defeated in this battle. Then in a couple episodes,Cersei will be defeated, lots of people and major characters will have died this season and then it will wrap things up. 

No Azor Ahai, no TPTWP, no Lightbringer, Bran/NK history, no NK explanation, no Bran/3ER explanation, no time travel, no discovery of the past that turns the battle, no real surprises or complexity or convergence of stories. 

They're going to finish this up pretty straight forward and predictably imo. 

• Like 1

So all these people saying Cersei could make a deal with the NK? That just sounds weird to me since he’s never talked in the show. Is he going to start talking or is it going to be a head nod on whatever agreement they come upon? Sounds awkward to me. Also if he had control over the mountain wouldn’t he have control over Jon snow then in theory also? Since he died and came back

Edited by max21
  • Like 1