Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I just loved announcing that the White Walkers will be there by morning and then immediately pivoting to "Is the big woman here?"

Printing this out and framing it. LBK loved something about GoT. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This. There are way too many webs to untangle for it to end. I don't think we see any major characters (sans Bran) die in the Battle. I think the major secondary characters are all fair game, especially those who's arcs have come full circle. I think Brienne and Theon are done. I think Gendry could be done (assuming Arya is pregnant with the Baratheon heir to Storms End). I think Tormund, the Hound, Berric ... all done. Probably the entirety of the Unsullied army and whatever is left of the Dothraki. Jorah goes down. So do the remaining Black Brothers (RIP) outside of Sam and Jon. Pod is done too.

Those who survive: Arya, Sansa, Jon, Danny, Sam, Jaime, Tyrion.

I can't see any of them getting the axe, and will have to move forward in solidifying the post-undead world that involves Cersei and KL. But not until there is some closure with WHY the WW and Knights King are marching south, and whatever that reveal is having an impact on the view of the survivors. Possibly in the dissolution of the world that has been created in KL.

The bolded: The Dothraki have been very quiet, unseen, obedient soldiers since touching down in Westeros. I mean, no pillaging, nothing. It's as if Dany burning all of their Khals in that temple also burned their culture and personalities. I guess they are a more of a casualty of not having enough time for that kind of development. 

i do agree with Brienne and Theon dying. Their story arcs are completed. There is nothing more for them to do but die heroically. I basically believe in all of the secondary character deaths but The Hound...he still needs to make his way back to KL to face his undead brother. 

• Like 2

Just now, JCB said:

We said the exact same thing at Easter dinner last night. The show has a great habit of buildup at the end of the episode then a hard cut to black. If they did that I think a mass group of people would gather at HBO HQ, riots would break out demanding the alternate endings they shot be released. 

Also, don't forget. Daario Naharis is somewhere out there. The Red priestess is out there. Hot Pie is out there. 

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Bran can see the past but they’ve haven’t shown he can see the future.

He knew Jaime was coming and waited in the yard for him. He may not know the future with pinpoint accuracy like he does the past, but he either knows bits and pieces or knows multiple futures. 

Just now, Gamebreaker said:

He knew Jaime was coming and waited in the yard for him. He may not know the future with pinpoint accuracy like he does the past, but he either knows bits and pieces or knows multiple futures. 

Nah, he can watch Jamie in the present. Doesn't even have to use 3Eyed Raven powers, can just warg into an animal and follow him.

I'm assuming there's a reason why Bran isn't tracking the dead too. I remember the NK being able to counter Brans abilities somehow...  otherwise wouldn't Bran just be watching the army of the dead at all times giving intel?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

He could have just seen Jaime riding North in the present or as a past vision and knew he was coming. Doesn't mean he knew or saw the future. That's the way I interpreted it because he has never been shown to see the future 

9 minutes ago, Mooka said:

I'm assuming there's a reason why Bran isn't tracking the dead too. I remember the NK being able to counter Brans abilities somehow...  otherwise wouldn't Bran just be watching the army of the dead at all times giving intel?

yeah this is a real gripe i have with the show. The absolute first thing I would have done if I were Bran was go to the Long Night and find out what happened with the WW the last time. How were they defeated? What did they want? Why did they go away and come back?

Then just follow them everywhere. I know the NK can see Bran in these visions and disrupt them but if he plays it safe with the crows like he did in season 7 he should be fine. He could be constantly keeping tabs on where they are. 

This is a serious of neglection duty. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon

"We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes."

In a deterministic world, knowing everything that has ever happened and everything currently happening means you're seeing the determined future too. 

He sees the sept explosion before it happens. He sees the throne room destroyed (same vision Daenerys has). I have yet to see a reason how that's possible without him being able to at least partially see the future. 

• Like 1

I think Bran is right in the end. The Night King has marked him. And if Bran is really the Night King, or whatever that theory is, Bran has to die. I think there's still some validity to the fact that this all ends if the Night King can kill Bran, because it thus kills the Night King.

Would NOT be surprised thinking on it more, that all these people die, and there's a scene with Jon pulling his sword at the Godswood from the trailer (if that's accurate), that has the battle basically being done for, everyone but the mains are dead and at the Godwood and surrounded, and the NK gets through and kills Bran ... and as soon as he does, everyone but the living disappear to dust.

Then again, why would this entire series be built around this ominous threat for the end result just to be that Bran has to die. It's a cool theory, but in terms of how that plays out in the TV show, i feel like the attachment to Bran is such that most would say "meh, wtf was that" if it were to come true haha.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Then just follow them everywhere. I know the NK can see Bran in these visions and disrupt them but if he plays it safe with the crows like he did in season 7 he should be fine. He could be constantly keeping tabs on where they are. 

He can't tho since he's been marked. The Night King now not only can see him in the visions and disrupt them but knows where Bran is at all times. Plus isn't the Night King specifically after Bran now?

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

How can the WW’s with no dragon and no NK last against against 2 dragons? “Dragons, fly in from behind and kill those guys on the horses.” Battle over. 

I don't know if the dead can use bows, but if they can, the Giants have bows big enough to take down a dragon.

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Restating my demand for Hot Pie's brutal and pointless murder.  

My primary demand is that Nymeria comes out of nowhere, with a huge pack of wolves, just when it looks like Arya is hopelessly surrounded by a massive number of the NK's army.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

My primary demand is that Nymeria comes out of nowhere, with a huge pack of wolves, just when it looks like Arya is hopelessly surrounded by a massive number of the NK's army.

That would be so awesome. I keep hearing that the show couldn’t afford dire wolves (but then saw Ghost last night) so if they did that I would probably get a half chub 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Restating my demand for Hot Pie's brutal and pointless murder.  

This is my favorite idea for season 8 yet. 

1 hour ago, clietas said:

He can't tho since he's been marked. The Night King now not only can see him in the visions and disrupt them but knows where Bran is at all times. Plus isn't the Night King specifically after Bran now?

He can still follow him long enough for an update. He saw him beyond the wall as a raven and even tho the NK spotted him and disrupted his vision, nothing happened. Then he did the same when he saw them tear down the wall. 

As for the NK looking for Bran. I’m fine with that but I really hope there is more to it that Bran is just being coy about. If the idea the NK is mortal enemies with the 3ER and thus now Bran only because Bran has all memories of life’s history...well that’s just kinda weak. It just doesn’t se that important so I hope (and set myself up for disappointment) that there will be more to it 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My new theory, we’ve only seen 1 quick clip of Viserion so far this season and it was in the trailer for next episode. With how much focus they put on the plan to lure the NK in and attack him combined with 0 footage of him and not even showing him arrive at winterfell, I’m thinking 

Reveal hidden contents

He’s not there. He is going to Kings Landing to get a million more people

for his army fulfilling the vision of Dany seeing a destroyed throne room with snow falling into it from the House of the Undying. Also fulfills Brans vision of a single dragon flying over Kings Landing. 

The heros may even even emerge victorious in a surprise victory only to realize the NK wasn’t there and something is up. Then the real Battle for Dawn begins with them facing an even greater army of dead. 

I read a theory last night about what may happen at Winterfell.  It makes so much sense that I very much expect it to happen.

Spoiler

They spent last episode making the point repeatedly that the crypts are the safest place for all the people who can't fight.  All the kids /vulnerable people will be there.  If the NK is at Winterfell... Can he raise all the dead Starks in the crypt to massacre the women and children who are "safe" down there.  It seems like it would be an incredible twist.  I have no idea if it will happen, but it seems like a very real possibility.  Sam may regret giving up his valayrian steel sword when a headless Ned Stark is ripping his family apart...

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

Why would that be an issue Nerm?  They have the fierce little five year old that Davos and Gilly convinced to stay down there and protect everyone.

Side note, but the actress who plays Gilly is definitely preggers.  (Hannah Murray)

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Printing this out and framing it. LBK loved something about GoT. 

I loved last night's episode. All I want from this show is these characters bouncing off each other all over the place, and I got a full hour of that. I hope the battle with the Night King is 15 minutes so I get 45 of them all dealing with the aftermath.

I really like this show. I just don't care about the stuff all of you seem obsessed with. At not one point have I wanted to the Clegane Brothers have a duel to the death. I'm honestly not sure I should want to see that. But apparently it's really important.

I honestly don't care who ends up on the Iron Throne. I said this years ago, if the show ends with ANYONE on the Iron Throne, I think it's a failure. It's pretty obvious that the political system in Westeros sucks. 75 hours and a gazillion dead peasants leads us to.....the continuation of this awful system? I mean, let's say Jon and Dany co-rule. They are going to have crazy incest babies who do awful **** when they are in charge in 20 years. Super. Glad this was all done so that inbred Targaryans can rule the world again.

Here's what I find interesting. What does it say that every dynamic leader on the show currently is a woman. Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Yara, and the Red Witch when she eventually returns are the characters making big decisions and taking bold action. Jon is simply following the code that Ned gave him, and it's stupid. There is no way any of those women decide to drop that bombshell ten minutes before the climatic battle for the survival of mankind. But Dum Dum Jon is like, "hey.....we need absolute trust in order to live. Let me completely undermine that right now."

57 minutes ago, clietas said:

So anyone have any idea how much time has passed over the course of the series? It cant be to much since little Sam is still a baby right?

I think Little Sam is secretly a demon. Arya was 11 when he was born. Now she's a nympho assassin and he's 18 months.

Little Sam's lack of aging drives me bonkers.

• Like 1

I agree I don’t think there should be a king or an iron throne afterwards. I think they only one with sense to realize that tho is Jon. 

The only reason we want the clegane brothers to fight is because it makes sense with the story. The Mountain is pretty untouchable and really the only person (Oberyns shocking win aside) that can defeat him is the Hound. and we’ve known he’s hated his older brother since season 1 and it’s been something that’s kept him going his whole life, that one day he will be able to exact his revenge. We want to see that because we love the Hound and the mountain deserves to die 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clietas said:

So anyone have any idea how much time has passed over the course of the series? It cant be to much since little Sam is still a baby right?

Baby sam is at least 2.5 - 3 years old here. 

DCA739C1-9789-4B70-8CAA-F7A45F4B487A.thumb.jpeg.44b7591300d3e968229ae660a2938466.jpeg

He was born in season 3 and the war of the five kings lasted at least 2 years, that doesn’t start until the end of season 1. 

It’s been between 5-7 years during this show. 

Jon’s gone from 17 to about 23.  Sansa from 13 to 19. Arya from 11 to around 17. Dany went from around 18 to 24. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree I don’t think there should be a king or an iron throne afterwards. I think they only one with sense to realize that tho is Jon. 

The only reason we want the clegane brothers to fight is because it makes sense with the story. The Mountain is pretty untouchable and really the only person (Oberyns shocking win aside) that can defeat him is the Hound. and we’ve known he’s hated his older brother since season 1 and it’s been something that’s kept him going his whole life, that one day he will be able to exact his revenge. We want to see that because we love the Hound and the mountain deserves to die 

Incorrect. I lahk it wun dey faht and thurr dragons breed fire. 

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Incorrect. Tyrion already broached the idea of a succession plan with Dany. Advocating for rule by the people, I believe. This happened at Dragonstone.