Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How does NK going to Kings Landing cut Dany’s allies in half?

I think the show will pay off the Valonquar prophecy for the books as it was one of GRRMs outlined finishes even tho it was never mentioned in the show. 

Hide contents

When your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you

That could be an undead cersei or her crying after the destruction of the Red Keep amidst falling snow as she is actually filled with regret whenever Jaime or the little brother finds her and kills her 

if  they are dead they can't help Winterfell.

I just read that as "Little Brother" will choke you to death. Which little brother though ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Pls specify?

There were all sorts of hints that he was the son of a washerwoman, or Ashara Dayne, or any number of people. 

I think both Arya and Sansa overheard or were directly told a number of rumors about his parentage.  

Here's some:

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow/Theories

Edited by visionary

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe. BUT, at the same time, think about where this all started 8 years ago. Would a Jon + Dany on the iron Throne ruling over a newly formed government with possibly democratic implementations for the various regions be that predictable of an ending?

If you started binge-watching this from scratch after the series is over, do you think you'd find the ending predictable?

I think you have to view the show as a whole. Having essentially 8 episodes in the last 3+ years makes it easier to be predictable because we've had so much time to draw conclusions.

Because I'm avoiding work, I somehow ended up in a Season 4 thread on this show.

Two thoughts.

1. You were obsessed with the shows ratings for reasons that I still don't comprehend.

2. You actually believed that both of the final books in the series were already written, and that we had to little to fear in regards to the show passing the books. Oh, man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 1:35 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

She can't be a Stark, but for book readers there's some stories about the Mad King's wife supposedly having an affair with someone (a priest of the Seven, if I remember right)

In other words, Jon would be the true king while Dany turns out to be the ****.  

So was the Mad King's wife also a blood Targeryan? (i.e. incest).  Dany has resistance to heat, but how can she then be a Stark....  Unless, both families have been wrong all of this time and the Starks are really the Targeryans!!!

Here's what I expect:  Ned was the true son of the Mad King's father, and the Mad King was actually the son of the man who Ned though was his father (i.e., Grandpa Stark).  That way Jon is not a blood Targeryan because Dany's brother was also a Stark fathered by Ned, and Dany would then also be Ned's daughter and she would (in a somewhat roundabout way) be a blood Targeryan because Ned was the true Targeryan all along!!

2 hours ago, kfrankie said:

So was the Mad King's wife also a blood Targeryan? (i.e. incest).  Dany has resistance to heat, but how can she then be a Stark....  Unless, both families have been wrong all of this time and the Starks are really the Targeryans!!!

Here's what I expect:  Ned was the true son of the Mad King's father, and the Mad King was actually the son of the man who Ned though was his father (i.e., Grandpa Stark).  That way Jon is not a blood Targeryan because Dany's brother was also a Stark fathered by Ned, and Dany would then also be Ned's daughter and she would (in a somewhat roundabout way) be a blood Targeryan because Ned was the true Targeryan all along!!

If either the series or the book tried to pull something like this, I'd personally seek out either D&D or GRRM and punch them in the face.

Edit: Yes, Mad King's wife (Rhaella) also was his sister.  So even if Mad King is not Dany's father she would still be Targ by blood but not in the line of succession.  

There is no mention of Ned Stark's father (Rickard) had any substantial contact with Rhaella prior to Dany's birth.   He was arrested immediately after his arrival in KL when looking for his son Brandon (who was looking for Rhaegar and Lyanna), and burnt to death soon after.  I'm pretty sure it could be ruled out based on the timelines alone.  Dany was born in Dragonstone after KL was sacked and the Mad King was killed..

Edited by DCSaints_fan

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I started watching game of thrones 7 weeks ago and yes them forming some kind of republic would be predictable. 

I binge watched the whole series seasons 1-7 last year.  Afterwards all I could say was damn I have no idea what just happened

My prediction:

The battle for Winterfell starts to go south. One hero falls, then another. When all hope is lost, and the night is as cold and dark as it can be, one man arrives on the scene to save the day. The one, the only...

army-dark.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

My prediction:

The battle for Winterfell starts to go south. One hero falls, then another. When all hope is lost, and the night is as cold and dark as it can be, one man arrives on the scene to save the day. The one, the only...

I was thinking Rick Grimes.  He has some experience in killing dead people.

59 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

I want to know where the armies of the remaining Tyrell vassals went.

Another question is where did the Crown get the money to pay the Golden Company.

The series had been pointing out the financial troubles they were in, the debt owed to the Iron Bank, the Lannister gold mines running dry.   And then poof, Cersei can hire 20,000 mercenaries. 

• Like 1