Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

Yeah, chalk me up for uncomfortable with the whole Arya thing.  She's clearly in good shape and all, I think it just has to do with her being 11 when the whole show started, watching her grow up, etc.  Just doesn't feel right, but I know she's in her 20's.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh, so she's just short AF? I thought she was still actually young, guess not.  The whole thing was a reality on the ground episode, it certainly didn't shock me.

Yes. She’s short.  She posted a picture on her Instagram of her in a bikini with the caption “a girl has no tits.” 

She’s actually quite the rebel.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I can't find the tweet, but HBO preempted the question with a tweet that said "By the time you're 18 in Westeros," and then listed all the **** Arya has done.

It was great to see her more human side. For years, she's been a little murder-revenge bot.

You know how she does that "interrogation thing"? Where she's talking to another character but she kind of has a blank look on her face and is  almost like getting into their mind?

At first I thought it was part of her Faceless Man schtick, but on the catch up Marathon Ned Stark pretty much does the same thing to Jaime Lannister in Season 1 when they are speaking about Jaime murdering the Mad King.

• Like 2

In 2 episodes showing preparation for the battle, no one has really acknowledged that the Night King will roll into battle with an ice dragon. 

It almost feels like lazy writing that indicates that NK and ice dragon won’t be coming to this fight so they didn’t even bother showing anyone freaking out or preparing in advance. 

Really feels like as the show got away from source material, the writing got worse and plot holes bigger.

11 hours ago, twa said:

you have no soul :), not the episode I expected though

let's get to the killing

I don’t mind an episode with just plot or character development but at least make it meaningful. 

In 7 seasons, all we know about the Night King and the dead is that some weird green people made him and 99% of the WWs are Crasters incest babies. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

99% of the WWs are Crasters incest babies. 

. . . aaand this is where Ellaria Sand comes back into the picture?

She's the only character with experience on how to kill incest babies (Myrcella). And the Queen of Thorns (Joffrey), but she's out of the picture. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

In 2 episodes showing preparation for the battle, no one has really acknowledged that the Night King will roll into battle with an ice dragon. 

I don’t mind an episode with just plot or character development but at least make it meaningful. 

In 7 seasons, all we know about the Night King and the dead is that some weird green people made him and 99% of the WWs are Crasters incest babies. 

Maybe they are saving it for the prequels at this point.

per the ice dragon, how many people actually know at this point? 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Someone in the show last night said something to the effect of “what are we gonna do when we beat the white walkers”.  The response was “what if we don’t” from what I recall.

What if they simply lose?

Bran had a great line when Jamie asked him "what happens after?"

"How do you know there is going to be an after?"

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Someone in the show last night said something to the effect of “what are we gonna do when we beat the white walkers”.  The response was “what if we don’t” from what I recall.

What if they simply lose?

They can't. I mean they could lose, and maybe retreat south ... I could see that being a piece of this. Winterfell falls ... the survivors escape South. stuff goes down in KL before the Night King rolls in as the series finale.

But I think the assumption is Winterfell will be dead v. living. Living will somehow prevail and then have to go deal with Cersei and Kings Landing.

Something tells me there will be some sort of people's uprising when they learn that the Targaryans went North to Winterfell to save mankind while Cersei played games, and that will ultimately lead to some sort of conclusion in KL to end the series.

Don’t think they can lose with only three episodes left after. They already have enough to cram in with Cersei and the impending Sansa/Dany conflict about the North. They can’t introduce that then write some easy ending 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Don’t think they can lose with only three episodes left after. They already have enough to cram in with Cersei and the impending Sansa/Dany conflict about the North. They can’t introduce that then write some easy ending 

This. There are way too many webs to untangle for it to end. I don't think we see any major characters (sans Bran) die in the Battle. I think the major secondary characters are all fair game, especially those who's arcs have come full circle. I think Brienne and Theon are done. I think Gendry could be done (assuming Arya is pregnant with the Baratheon heir to Storms End). I think Tormund, the Hound, Berric ... all done. Probably the entirety of the Unsullied army and whatever is left of the Dothraki. Jorah goes down. So do the remaining Black Brothers (RIP) outside of Sam and Jon. Pod is done too.

Those who survive: Arya, Sansa, Jon, Danny, Sam, Jaime, Tyrion.

I can't see any of them getting the axe, and will have to move forward in solidifying the post-undead world that involves Cersei and KL. But not until there is some closure with WHY the WW and Knights King are marching south, and whatever that reveal is having an impact on the view of the survivors. Possibly in the dissolution of the world that has been created in KL.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd kinda prefer they end the show with the battle vs. the White Walkers, Looks like instead we'll see the WW finished off within the next episode or two, and then the final 2-3 episodes will be the ultimate battle for the throne.

Possibly. Although there are so many potential options. Like the WW route Winterfell and the main characters all manager to escape on dragons or something south to Kings Landing.

Then there's an episode or two of building drama with Cersei freaking out now that the war is coming to KL. And all the drama that entails. that would honestly provide more intrigue/anticipation/panic in the final couple episodes ... the battle for KL before or during/after the WW advance.

I have to think there is somehow an ending that baits the WW into Kings Landing where Jaime and Bran or something sacrifice themselves and ignite the entire city in Wildfire to save mankind. And that could include Jaime taking Cersei down with him.

IDK. Just got to think after all this there is more to it than "kill the WW in Episode 3, turn to KL" ... I think the two have to be intertwined up until the very end.

The Hound won’t die. He has to have a battle royal vs his brother. Plus Arya will end the Hound after he’s injured from that fight.

The Hound is going to burn his brother to destroy him which would bring his story full circle.

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

IDK. Just got to think after all this there is more to it than "kill the WW in Episode 3, turn to KL" ... I think the two have to be intertwined up until the very end.

This is what I am hoping. They had an extra year to write this and to see them handle it so straight forward would be disappointing. The WW are the greatest threat the world has ever known and that was before they got a dragon. I just don't want to see them defeated in their first battle. I'd like to see the heroes lose Winterfell, retreat to Kings Landing and Cersei refuse to help them or something causing Jaime to kill her and the Hound/Mountain get to do their thing. Then Jon's forces assume control of the remaining Lannisters and the Golden Company and we have one final Battle for Dawn at King's Landing in which the Iron Throne is destroyed, 75% of Westeros is destroyed, Dany dies and pretty much most other mains all die. There should be some revelation from Bran about the past or a prophecy or TPTWP or Lightbringer or something to close this all out. None of that has even been touched on yet which makes me hella nervous.

I'm hoping they still have some surprises. 

Jenny of Oldstones by Florence and the Machine is currently up to #3 on the iTunes charts.

The song is pretty amazing.

GRRM ... that mofo is now the writer behind a top hit.

@Momma There Goes That Man I think you and I are in synch. There has to be more to the WW than their defeat at Winterfell. Winterfell will fall.

And maybe the crypts are awoken and we see all the undead Starks marching on KL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Final scene: Cersi Lanister sits on the Iron Throne as an undead. Every one dies.

I would prefer it be Jon, coming back to life surrounded by the undead army, "officially" one of them now and with no one left to protect, assumes his role as protector of the North. The NK still takes the iron throne. Jon defeated and undead settles for the north. 

I really wanna sad ending. Fells perfect for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I would prefer it be Jon, coming back to life surrounded by the undead army, "officially" one of them now and with no one left to protect, assumes his role as protector of the North. The NK still takes the iron throne. Jon defeated and undead settles for the north. 

I really wanna sad ending. Fells perfect for me. 

There's just too much hero build-up and investment in characters for it to end that way. But I can see how it could be satisfying.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

There's just too much hero build-up and investment in characters for it to end that way. But I can see how it could be satisfying.

I think thats why I would like it. 

Mind you I dont read the books so I care very little about the source material other than they provided me some awesome memories when used in the show. But I can already see a spin off about some kid named Brandon Stark taking back the North from a civil, much much darker Jon who can speak and remembers everything or something like that. I dunno. Im a causal fan into silly theories so pretty much everything other than the typical hero ending would make me happy. And I dont think this show is down for hero **** anyway.