Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

3 minutes ago, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

Mort just tweeted 23.5 AAV and 70 million in guarantees.

Ouch.

My god man.

Coming from someone that thinks very little of Bruce, not even I suspected he would get bent over by Andy Reid like this for a second time.  To make things even better, Smiths agent got sloppy seconds or thirds, dependent on how you see it.

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

4 years (reportedly) and we don’t know the structure. Most likely in reality we can get out after 2 years.

But let’s wait for details before anyone lights fireworks or jumps off a bridge.

Dude, you’re a MOD, you damn well sure know people ha e already lit fireworks and jumped off bridges.  

This is here is EXTREMESkins.  We don’t need to wait for no stinking facts to overreact.

2 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

I wanted Cousins to stay however there was no way to build any kind of serious team around him at the price he was going to command , they let that boat sail. Smith doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzys but compared to what they could have replaced Cousins with I guess it’s not the worst choice, we went from mediocre to an older version of mediocre imo. 

Cousins wasn't getting that much more than 23.5.  

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

Draft picks are precious.  Team is still stuck on stupid

So that 3 first round picks, one 4th (cousins), a 5th (sudfeld), and now a 2nd rounder we have flushed down the toilet since 2012.  The wheel has stopped on a 35 year old vet with 2-3 years of okay football left in him

3rd round pick and player to be named apparently. I’m good with that - depending on who the player is.

10 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Thing of it is, this is actually the best buyer's market for QBs in a while. It seems at least two of Bradford/Keenum/Bridgewater will come available, as well as Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, probably Tyrod Taylor and maybe even Blake Bortles. Also possibly AJ McCarron.  Not to mention a strong draft class. I think it would have been very possible to find a serviceable QB without forfeiting draft picks or picking up a player in their mid-30s. This just seems like a lose-lose move

Out of the list you provided, excluding Kirk, Alex Smith is the best and most proven player on the list.  Now, we have a QB long term.  Yesterday we didn't.  Today we can focus on a non-QB in the first round.  Maybe a 3 down RB or DL, or my favorite an ILB.  At 13, we could even pick the top TE in the draft.  As of this news, the Redskins are more stable then they were yesterday.  HTTR. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Kirk. (PS - this is the first time I really don't like Kirk.)

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

4 years (reportedly) and we don’t know the structure. Most likely in reality we can get out after 2 years.

But let’s wait for details before anyone lights fireworks or jumps off a bridge.

I was thinking more pitchforks and torches personally.  Fireworks and swimming does sound nice though. 

7 minutes ago, zoony said:

Draft picks are precious.  Team is still stuck on stupid

So that 3 first round picks, one 4th (cousins), a 5th (sudfeld), and now a 2nd rounder we have flushed down the toilet since 2012.  The wheel has stopped on a 35 year old vet with 2-3 years of okay football left in him

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2017 Kansas City Chiefs 15 505 341 67.5 33.7 4,042 8.0 269.5 26 5.1 5 1.0 79T 52 13 35 207 104.7

2016 Kansas City Chiefs 15 489 328 67.1 32.6 3,502 7.2 233.5 15 3.1 8 1.6 80T 39 8 28 140 91.2

2015 Kansas City Chiefs 16 470 307 65.3 29.4 3,486 7.4 217.9 20 4.3 7 1.5 80T 42 10 45 235 95.4

2014 Kansas City Chiefs 15 464 303 65.3 30.9 3,265 7.0 217.7 18 3.9 6 1.3 70T 40 3 45 229 93.4

Smith is better than Cousins.

70 mil over 4 years is high (Hopefully 23.5 in first year, making remianing contract even cheaper), but still 15-20 mil less than what Cousins will be getting in that same period. 

Please be S'ua leaving.

I like the move if only a 3rd rounder.

Archived